Viewing 40 posts - 121 through 160 (of 217 total)
  • ERMAHGERD SAUSAGES!
  • teasel
    Free Member

Tom_W1987
    Free Member

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Well, this is nice.

Tom_W1987
    Free Member

Honestly Flashy, I know we’ve given each other some abuse sometimes – it’s all mostly in good fun though isn’t it?

I didn’t think anyone took the banter on here seriously.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Tom, was referring to Teasel and Drac’s tiff.

colp

Seems like there are porkies on this thread and thin skinned too.

teasel
    Free Member

was referring to Teasel and Drac’s tiff.

Ain’t no tiff. Just don’t appreciate being told to shut up, especially when I was being so nice…

monkeysfeet
    Free Member

Mmmmmmmmmm.Sausage…..
    Living in Cumbria I can get hold of proper sausage.
    A long curled sausage.
    In a bap.
    With brown sauce.

Tom_W1987
    Free Member

Yeah I know Flashy, I was just commenting on the fact that despite us all goading each other quite a lot – it’s mostly in good fun.

This is a bit silly now.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Wow, what a thread. Saved by

Wurst thread ever?

And colp getting the silver medal

[Jamie, don’t forget the hidden mods occasionally blow their cover 😉 )

Yeah I know, I was just commenting on the fact that despite us all goading each other quite a lot – it’s mostly in good fun.

Very true, but often forgotten 😉

tomhoward

One assumes the banhammer is for anyone who mentions Glamorgan sausages?

monkeysfeet
    Free Member

Stop bickering you lot….take it outside or I will put you on the naughty step with Trump and Kim.

zokes
    Free Member

Give it a rest Teasel.

Maybe give his, and others’ points more than a moment’s thought, eh?

As the highest profile mods on here, neither you nor cougar can really be seen as neutral in your moderation of posts given the tone of a lot of your own content.

Yeah, it’s only an MTB forum and whatevs. But there’s more than a couple of us raised these concerns here, so perhaps a more conciliatory tone on your part, rather than smugly posting the OP’s own conciliatory tone as an absolution of your contribution might not go amiss. All seems a little “sorry, not sorry”.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Sunday evenings supper involved some sickly sweet, quite obnoxious, pork and red pepper sausages.

Vile things.

Tom_W1987
    Free Member

Maybe give his, and others’ points more than a moment’s thought, eh?

As the highest profile mods on here, neither you nor cougar can really be seen as neutral in your moderation of posts given the tone of a lot of your own content.

Yeah, it’s only an MTB forum and whatevs. But there’s more than a couple of us raised these concerns here, so perhaps a more conciliatory tone on your part, rather than smugly posting the OP’s own conciliatory tone as an absolution of your contribution might not go amiss. All seems a little “sorry, not sorry”.

LOL

Drac

So sausages then?

RustySpanner

teamhurtmore – Member
    Wow, what a thread.

True.

We all like sausage trolls, but there’s no need for people to fry off the handle.

wwaswas

We’re all feeling a little battered after this.

tomhoward

Indeed, some people are really up in other folks grill.

RustySpanner

Well said.
    This place really is a griddle wrapped in an enigma sometimes.

zokes
    Free Member

Yeah, very mature, TomW. Are you homophobic all the time, or just on sausage threads?

Jamie
    Free Member

And you appear to have the same sense of humour as my mother in law*

We can have fun when we die.

edlong
    Free Member

Post 1 – Oh wow, pre-cooked sausages. Ossum.
    Post 2 – They’ve been around for ages.
    Post 3 – Oh, really?
    Post 4 – Yeah.

Yeah, what am I missing here?

Posts 1 and 2 as above, and then people start going blooming nuts about it and suddenly everyone’s going to abandon the forum and singletrack will have no customers and go bust because someone’s upset that it’s been pointed out that pre-cooked sausages are a thing, and have been for a bit?

WTAF?

If people can really get that angry that someone can respond in such a way about sausages, in fact if people can get that angry about anything someone posts on a pointless thread on an internet forum, even if they are a smart arse about it, then WTAF is wrong in your life?

There’s plenty of shit going on in the world to get angry about, whether or not someone’s pointed out the availability history of sausages surely isn’t one of them.

I don’t get it, I really don’t.

Tom_W1987
    Free Member

Just in sausage threads, apparently.

Jamie
    Free Member

Sorry Jamie

That’s fine.

*adds howsyourdad1 to list*

anono

At the risk of stirring up more divisions on the forum, can I ask the following question:

Which is best – bacon or sausages?

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Just in sausage

Size isn’t everything.

teasel
    Free Member

Which is best – bacon or sausages?

You don’t have to choose; those little wrapped sausages that resemble a small penis are available for the undecided…

tjagain

the “tone” of this forum seems to have changed a bit in the last year

For the better in my opinion – much less deliberate nastyness

I had a Cumberland sausage in a roll for brekkie – does that make me a heretic?

binners

I thought you were only allowed those weird square sausages when you were north of the border?

Surely what you’re doing isn’t heresy? It’s far, far worse than that! It’s cultural appropriation! 😯

tjagain

It was in a scottish morning roll tho so I would say its merely fusion cookery

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

tomhoward

Urgh, seems the sausage embargo chipps eluded to is happening, butty van didn’t bring any today. Had to have a sausage roll instead… 😥

Pyro

My only objection is people labelling crap like that as ‘Cumberland’ sausage. They’re absolutely nothing bloody like a proper Cumberland Sausage.

“Most sausages are divided into links but the Cumberland sausage is one continuous rope-like coil. The sausage is typically filled with coarsely chopped pork and black pepper, and sometimes other ingredients such as herbs and other spices. The meat content is usually 85% – 98%. However, the popularity of the Cumberland sausage has become so widespread in recent years that many large food producers started to mass-produce it and sacrificed its original quality with a meat content as low as 45%, containing emulsified rather than coarse-cut meat and being sold in thin links rather than thick continuous lengths.”

Harrumph.
    – an irate Cumbrian.

miketually
    Free Member

Said everyone, every year.[/quote]

I was going to say this, but was beaten to it.

wwaswas

I was going to say this, but was beaten to it.

It’s ok, I remember you saying it last year.

pitduck
    Free Member

(Give it a rest Teasel)well imagine my surprise. 😐

DezB
    Free Member

u masses ar haggered

thats the best anagram of the thread title I could do.

scotroutes

tjagain – Member

For the better in my opinion – much less deliberate nastyness[/quote]

Ah, but is it the forum that’s changed or is it you?

I’ve always treated STW as an extended mates club. Go for a ride, pop to the pub, have a bit of a laugh. Inevitably there are times when the conversation turns a bit more serious; marital problems, health, financial, tyre choice etc. and in those times we respond accordingly. The rest of the time, expect banter and to have the piss ripped out of you mercilessly.

Now, I know that hasn’t always worked on here (I’ve already apologised to Kryton57 for what he saw as me having a serious go at him) and I’ll offer a wider apology here too to anyone else I’m not quite sharing wavelength with.

As Junkyard and I discussed over a real drink in a real pub, I tend to read everything as if it has a smiley attached. I reckon a few others should adopt the same approach.

miketually
    Free Member

Quorn wild garlic and parsley sausages are the nearest I’ve got to sausages in the last 9 months.

Viewing 40 posts - 121 through 160 (of 217 total)

The topic ‘ERMAHGERD SAUSAGES!’ is closed to new replies.