Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 217 total)
  • ERMAHGERD SAUSAGES!
  • grtdkad

…and they’re Walls. Skank-a-Sausage / mingin’meat

sirromj

Drac

Ay? Where did I say I was?

sirromj

pitduck
    Free Member

dyslexia,really thats your excuse for being such an unpleasant man

Drac

It’s explanation why my posts sometimes don’t come across well. Unpleasant ay? I’ve never been called that before.

Can you answer the awesome bit yet or do you want to continue with the insults?

molgrips
    Free Member

Enough now. He’s ok, just remember that communicating via text is a) quite hard b) really easy to misinterpret and c) prone to make people think the worst of someone, for some reason. I helped someone write a dissertation on this once*.

So back to sausages – thanks OP, I did not know you could get those. Would be damn handy when bikepacking/ultra-endurancing.

* I say help.. when researching her own dissertation she asked me for my input on another text-based medium and I pontificated at length – ended up about a third of her dissertation was a straight C&P! Still, nice to know I can write Cambridge degree level dissertation material off the top of my head 🙂

sirromj

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-maG7FJf0k[/video]

Jamie
    Free Member

Enough now.

Who died and made you King Sausage?

Drac

Where’s it on the benefits of backpacking with pre-cooked food?

RustySpanner

I refuse to believe than any non-sauced meat product can be ‘Delicious in 1 Microwave Minute’.
    Even kebab meat mings after pinging.

Anyone prepared to take a sausage for the troops and report back?

Jamie
    Free Member

Had some of these….

….were fine.

Drac

[video]https://youtu.be/j4SxpZfafHE[/video]

Tom_W1987
    Free Member

I think Drac has probably banned me a few times, he’s alright though.

jonnyboi

Anyone prepared to take a sausage for the troops and report back?

I’ll take two if it gets the sausage party back on track.

Cougar

Hook, line, sinker, rod, reel and copy of Angling Weekly.

TBH from a purely personal perspective, it’s a refreshing change to see a Moderator getting a random out-of-context kicking who isn’t me. That Drac, he’s such a self-serving bastard.

Drac

I thought I should take my turn.

zokes
    Free Member

We’ve plenty of folk that publicly flounce, and I suspect more that just leave without being noticed (because they just read rather than post crap) simply stop visiting here. An assumed amount of them were subscribers, so a loss of revenue to the place.

Agreed. Mark’s allocation of my “amusing” tag became a sure fire way to ensure that I never again bothered to subscribe or buy the mag, and certain plugins do the job of “P” for free.

Might be an awesomely funny joke, but be snarky to too many of your customers and sooner or later you’ll find you don’t have as many

zokes
    Free Member

Actually, walking back from lunch, I had a think about just how many people I knew via STW IRL. I don’t think a single one of them frequents the forum any more, and I only pop up once in a blue moon.

Don’t get me wrong, there can be some very helpful people on here, but even over on the bike forum it doesn’t seem to take long before the snark comes back out.

slackalice
    Free Member

Unless the product is from my local butcher, we refer to sausages as ‘mystery bags’. Although they are a kinda guilty secret.

On a different, yet thread related note, I thought there was going to be a mutiny for a while back there^^^^^^ 😆

Interesting to see the ‘ we never harms our own’ mentality shine through in times of need 🙄

On a personal level, I found that possibly more interesting than the original subject matter ( sorry Rich) in that I’m clearly not the only one. 😉

Poopscoop

I actually think this forum is pretty tame and actually pretty liberal if I’m honest

I also really enjoy being a very small part of it. This is the only forum of any nature I spend any real time on. Yet I’m certainly not part of any in crowd or whatever.

That said I’m a “vet” of the OCUK forums. If you did your time on there everything else is a gravy train. 😀

First rule of forums is never read too much into other people’s posts or comments. Simple fact is that social etiquette hasn’t quite kept up with the internet age. More importantly there are a lot of people out there having a tough time for one reason or another and sometimes a forum is just a vent for them.

Also, much to the amusement of my friends,I am a great advocate of “smilies”. It’s so, so easy to offend totally unintentionally via a forum/text as it’s hard to get irony/ gentle sarcasm across via such means.

Childish as it may seem to some,a smiley face or a “wink” can make a seemingly explosive comment reveal itself to be entirely benign in intention.

Oh,I also have a love for genuine, well meaning satire which helps on here. 😉

Forums tend to invite you to see your own reflection. To a degree you see what you want to see. This place actually cheers me up in my day to day life. Sure there can be some negativity on here just like there is in real life,I just concentrate on the vast amount of good stuff on here instead.

Lastly, look around you guys. The world’s a mess,I find it hard to get worked up about a comment on a bike forum these days! 😀

Anyway, off to kip now. Got to hug some trees later today. 😀

Enjoy your eggss, beans and bangers in the morning!

batfink
    Free Member

I too was unaware that pre-cooked sausages (cocktail sausages notwithstanding) were available…. what a time to be alive.

STW still feels like a community where somewhat intelligent, somewhat liberal and somewhat sensible* people can communicate with each other, with a fair bit of good-natured, mutual p*ss-taking.

*This is not irony – honestly

However, like the world around it, the “tone” of this forum seems to have changed a bit in the last year, in my opinion. Again, in my opinion, a few people (generously described by some as “trolls”) have had a disproportionately negative impact on the tone and quality of forum. I don’t advocate banning them….. but I would like a way of stopping them from turning STW into something that looks like the youtube comments section. Pinkbike’s forum hides comments with a significant number of downvotes – mebbe that’d work?

pondo

Even kebab meat mings after pinging.

I’m calling BS on that – who in the wide wide world of sport has ever allowed kebab meat to go cold?

funkmasterp

I can’t believe that a lighthearted thread about the availability of precooked sausages has derailed this much. I’m all for a thread derailment, but this is quite different.

This place is great when compared to a lot of other forums. I genuinely don’t see any subculture of bullying or think that there is any particular clique. It seems like a great community most of the time. Just look at the recent Gnusmas thread.

batfink
    Free Member

This place is great when compared to a lot of other forums. I genuinely don’t see any subculture of bullying or think that there is any particular clique. It seems like a great community most of the time. Just look at the recent Gnusmas thread.

I completely agree – although it does seem that more threads turn a bit nasty than they used to

Jamie
    Free Member

actually think this forum is pretty tame and actually pretty liberal if I’m honest

Death by a thousand cuts, tho. If your constantly getting picked up on your spelling/grammer etc or other consistent negative retorts then it can be just as bad as some of the more rambunctious forums.

chipps

And to think that I read the title as ’embargoed sausages’…

tomhoward

I’m curious about this thread.

Have some people clicked on the thread thinking ‘yeah I like sausages, and don’t mind reading about them but what I’m really hoping for is a lynch mob to have a go at the mods, as I havent got the stones don’t want to be the only one doing it. Fingers crossed!’
    *click*
    ‘Jackpot!’

I just came for the sausages, and all this angry talk is spoiling my sausage based fun.

And to think that I read the title as ’embargoed sausages’…

Now that is something to get angry about!

teasel
    Free Member

a Moderator getting a random out-of-context kicking who isn’t me

In the years I’ve been here that’s never happened to you. If you wanna read a thread with a kicking taking place then… well, I reckon you can guess what I’d link to.

That’s a flaw of my dyslexia at times, I read things to literal and miss what people or saying, even read them as the opposite of the point they are making.

If you’re aware of your ability to misconstrue then why respond in a negative fashion. Why not just question what the motive is/was before going in with guns blazing?

perchypanther
    Free Member

binners

Jamie
    Free Member

Nice. We have some teams forming.

Looks like the Great Sausage War is a go!

chakaping
    Free Member

Three pages and we still haven’t asked the most-important question.

Red sauce, brown sauce or no sauce at all?

And on the other subject at hand, it’s a bit like when my wife is cooking sausages – there’s no smoke without fire.

teasel
    Free Member

If that ad is your handiwork, Binners, then you missed out the bottle.

Still time to edit, tho…

Edit : Or perhaps just replace it with a sauce of your choice…!

wwaswas

Pinkbike’s forum hides comments with a significant number of downvotes

which seems almost *designed* to allow cliques to take over and stifle dissenting voices?

Anyway, as JFK famously said: “Ich bin ein Frankfurter”

binners

I’ve just had a sausage roll for breakfast

Who’s side am I on then?

Also: I need to take issue with the casual malignment of the cocktail sausage. I suggest you try a solitary contemplative moment with a bowl full of them, dipping them in brown sauce

deadkenny
    Free Member

[video]https://youtu.be/EVJOof96nVE[/video]

tomhoward

I’m gonna have a sausage butty at 11sies. With ketchup.

orangespyderman

Alternative version of this thread :

Post 1 – Oh wow, pre-cooked sausages. Ossum.
    Post 2 – They’ve been around for ages.
    Post 3 – Oh, really?
    Post 4 – Yeah.

The End.

OP – You’re really happy you’ve discovered pre-cooked sausages, why has that changed because someone points out that they’ve been around for ages? You’ve still got pre-cooked sausages (and at a rollback price), surely that’s the most important part.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Red sauce, brown sauce or no sauce at all?

A proper sausage deserves proper mustard. Anything else is just wrong.

What people choose to do with the abominations in the OP is of no concern. They have already lost all their human rights.

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 217 total)

The topic ‘ERMAHGERD SAUSAGES!’ is closed to new replies.