Viewing 21 posts - 41 through 61 (of 61 total)
  • Erm… New Danny MacAskill video
  • Beagleboy

Total rubbish! There’s no way the acoustics are that good at the Academy. The place is appalling for rock concerts. Liked the bike riding though.

rhayter

It was obviously meant to be a bit of a laugh. Does it need to be taken so seriously?

No, not at all. But this film proves just how hard it is to do comedy…

No question they’re all hugely talented riders. More of that and less crap acting and they’d be on a winner.

core

Meh, got about a minute into the actual riding, gave up.

Third rider, orange frame, Fabio someone – lower headset cup logo is on the wonk, put me straight off.

nealglover
    Free Member

About 2.5 minutes in before we saw anyone riding.

Had almost given up by then.

AlexSimon

Third rider, orange frame, Fabio someone – lower headset cup logo is on the wonk, put me straight off.

Was that the one that had all the paint chipped off next to the cup? Looked like they’d smacked it in with a shovel.

jivehoneyjive
    Free Member

Rock out with your lockout?

Northwind

roverpig – Member

Or was that so obvious that it didn’t need mentioning

I am wondering tbh. And the reason the riding’s more limited is that it’s all stuff they do on the tour, done with the tour kit. So frinstance he didn’t do a flip off Edinburgh castle because it doesn’t fit in the flightcase.

Also, Rob Halford!

GrahamS

he didn’t do a flip off Edinburgh castle because it doesn’t fit in the flightcase

Well couldn’t they have at least got a model Stonehenge then?

finbar
    Free Member

Were we all watching the same video? Did everyone saying the riding lacked imagination *see* that knee slide? Massive thumbs up from me.

yunki
    Free Member

bit more watchable with the sound off

nuke

One thing I miss in Danny’s videos over the original 2009 Inspired vid is the public reaction to his riding

MoreCashThanDash

I’m a big fan of Danny Mac and hair metal, but I think that got stretched to its limit.

andykirk
    Free Member

Oh dear.

As with many things as the budget has increased and more people have become involved the videos have got worse and worse. Struggling for ideas indeed… but the thing is they don’t really need ideas, just him riding his bike around is enough. The Edinburgh video he did years ago was an absolute classic and will remain so for decades to come. It’s a shame.

They should maybe take a look at 411 Video Magazine for how to ‘keep it real’. Great rider though.

scotroutes

I liked it. A bit of self-effacing humour and a good ad for the tour (which is, after all, what it’s supposed to be).

Junkyard
    Free Member

some good riding liked the slide to bike but it was overall dreadful

Even my kids thought it was crap.

simondbarnes

I liked it

stanfree
    Free Member

This is what cracks me up about this forum , A guy releases a free to view toungue in cheek video to the masses and then gets flamed by Internet mtb superstars. At the end of the day he rides bikes and rides them well , there are only so many times you can film the same skills and make them interesting. I think people become a bit desensitized these days to videos as they have seen the same tricks before.
    I doubt Danny will lose any sleep about reading he has jumped the shark from the STW Gee Athertons . I’d say the best bike video doing the rounds recently must be the Kriss Kyle BMX one.

mcnultycop

I liked it. Decent bit of fun.

garage-dweller

Normally love DM s stuff but gave up on that after two minutes. A lot of filler. Now Imaginate that’s a different matter 🙂

thestabiliser
    Free Member

Not the sort of the thing he should be foisting on us poah-faced evangelical puritans. Now, if he’d been riding a jones steadily round a flinty mudbath in a brown apron while thinking about how get an even MOAR obscure brand of coffee bean THEN I’d respect him.

markcurtains
    Free Member

Fun 5 minutes, why so serious? One thing DM does I don’t generally bother with is his helmet cams. I like to watch helmet cams to get the sense of speed on the dh runs etc, what DM does imo doesn’t translate to rider’s eye view.

Viewing 21 posts - 41 through 61 (of 61 total)

The topic ‘Erm… New Danny MacAskill video’ is closed to new replies.