Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Erlestoke 12
  • adsh
    Free Member

Anyone doing this?

I’m hoping it’s going to be better weather than last year!

What’s the access like – is it possible to ride previous years courses midweek or at the weekend?

benji
    Free Member

I’m there:)

david47
    Free Member

We’ll be doing this again 🙂 Great fun…
    Do hope the weather is better than last year.
    Still remember that poor guy crashing near the end. We were camping track side, and saw someone coming flying down the start finish straight, obviously trying to get an extra lap in, and equally obviously did not see/remember the ruts, and came flying off near the line. All of us were up out of our seats to go and help, but several people nearer who had also seen the crash got to him much faster. He sat up quickly, but not not get up to walk away for a long time…

No idea on access though…

Edric64
    Free Member

Would have been quicker to don my spikes and cross country run it last year with a cross bike on my shoulder

andyv
    Free Member

So far have done it geared and singlespeed, going fatbike this year.

Only 6 hour this time though, aiming to maximise on evening BBQ and cider time.

Also hoping for good weather!

pete68
    Free Member

Not sure yet. Going to leave it til nearer the time and see what the weather is like. Don’t think there’s access out of race time. I seem to recall there is a bit of difficulty with the mod. Check with the organisers first (spam biking )before going up there.

wonnyj
    Free Member

I’d love to but I’ve got to go to my own bloddy wedding 😥 😀

DanW
    Free Member

I think I’ll be a wuss and wait on the weather this time too! Normally I wouldn’t bother too much but coming in hideously under-prepared and having bike troubles on top of all that claggy mud did not make for happy riding last year!

DT78
    Free Member

Afraid I’m waiting on the forecast this time. It was atrocious last time, and can’t say I enjoyed it much. Had to stop every few mins to clear the bike out so the wheels actually turned. Guys said it was stunning the year before. So fingers crossed.

pete68
    Free Member

The 3 years I’d done this before last year was brilliant, a really good course. Last year was horrific though. If it’s dry in the lead up I can see a lot of late entries.

benji
    Free Member

Well there is no need to watch forecasts, just had an email it’s cancelled till September, gutted that was one of my shakedowns for mayhem. Bother, bother, bother.

offthebrakes
    Free Member

Its cancelled?

🙁 That was going to be a big chunk of training for me too.

MTB-Rob
    Free Member

Not cancelled, postponed 😉
    Fron what I hear it due to MOD having a big exercise on that weekend, so “booked” most of of the plain. (even thou they prob not going to use Erlestoke area!)

offthebrakes
    Free Member

I had heard a rumour a couple of weeks ago, sounds like it’s confirmed. Bummer.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

A shame, but as someone who cut their teeth on the Plain, hardly surprising. It’s military land use, primarily, and they really do have right of way! 😀

Good luck to the organisers when they get it back up and running.

MTB-Rob
    Free Member

From SPAM facebook page

Bad news I’m afraid…..or is it? Gives everyone a full summer of training for the best singletrack on a mtb course out there!
    Erlestoke 12 – Postponed Until September
    Due to circumstances beyond our control the Erlestoke 12 course is no longer available on the weekend of the 23rd/24th May 2015. As you will know, our events are predominantly held on MOD land which means there is always a small possibility that permission can be removed at any time due to their changing training schedule. The SPAM team have endeavoured to find an alternative local venue for the original date which would offer the same fun and challenging course elements now expected from the event, however any other options have proved to be unsuitable. We have therefore been left with no option but to postpone the Erlestoke 12.
    We have now gained permission from the land owners to hold the event on Saturday 19th September 2015 (into Sunday 20th September) in exactly the same format as originally advertised (12 hr and 6hr options)*. Your entry will be automatically transferred to the new date. If you should need to cancel your entry for any reason, please contact us at spambiking@gmail.com and we will arrange a refund, or entry into an alternative future event. *All details are correct at the time of writing.

singlecrack
    Free Member

Cool ..now I can do Charlies gravel dash …and Erlestoke. …as it was on the same weekend ..

gary

Pants 🙁 Was really looking forward to that after missing it for the last few years. As above though, always a risk there. I seem to recall the original Set2Rise event had a similar problem too.

dirtyrider
    Free Member

any news on this? websites dead, no Spambiking twitter updates

david47
    Free Member

So, guessing that no news is not good news 🙁

dirtyrider
    Free Member

email from the organiser stating its still on, just having website issues

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘Erlestoke 12’ is closed to new replies.