Viewing 35 posts - 1 through 35 (of 35 total)
  • Erlestoke 12 – singletrack heaven!
  • 69er
    Free Member

Just like to say well done to the organisers for running an excellent event yesterday. Awesome course, nice chilled vibe.

Really enjoyed the whole event, but the singletrack was the icing on the cake.

Top job fellas! 😀

MaD
    Free Member

Ditto those comments, brilliant weekend, and sweet sweet single track, absolute blinder of an event. THanks to everyone involved.

transapp
    Free Member

It was indeed brilliant.

Great course, well organised and spectacular weather. Loved it.

davesmate
    Free Member

I’d been looking forward to it since riding it last year, if anything the course was a little better this year. Rapidly becoming one of my favourite events, much more chilled out than Bikefest.

Well done SPAM!

MaD
    Free Member

Yeah, I enjoyed the course more this year too…rocked on the Single Speed 🙂

It’s the best course I’ve raced on, although FoD is pretty close.
    Results
    6th/40 solo male with 15 laps (14 real laps if you don’t count the first short loop) in 11:40
    Only 46 seconds behind 5th place. If I’d known that at the time I might have put a bit more effort in on my last lap.

c_klein87

Was a great race! tough, but great! i only live 45mins ride away and never realise most of that single track is even there, which keeps it fresh each year 🙂 thank god it was dry though!

ellsy
    Free Member

What a fun course! And a great first 12 hour solo for me. Thanks SPAM biking.

Any photos on line anywhere ?

Fuzzyfelt
    Free Member

Thanks for the comments guys; I think all went to plan! A great day – a huge spread of prizes from Charge again and topped up with goodies from Giro & Mule Bar; thanks all. I managed 3 laps in amongst it all, one in the dark with some rather excellent For4th lights – thanks for your support aswell.

MBK Photography

Photos will be on there sometime soon hopefully.

Hope the dog enjoyed the can of SPAM, Graham!

Cheers Martin, SPAM Biking

mikertroid
    Free Member

Yup, a great race again so thanks to all involved.

Must admit I found it hard this year; I’m pretty sure I was the slowest guy on the course for my last three laps with pretty bad cramp! Apparently I did beat some people, god only knows how!!

marsy8493
    Free Member

Well done to everyone involved in the organisation of the event.
    +1 for everything mikertroid said.I think it was me eating your dust!! Managed 6 full laps in 6 hours.Not bad for a 50 year old 8)

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Wish I could have been there. 🙁

The Plain is an amazing, moving place. I adore it.

pete68
    Free Member

Great but tough. Well done Graham, couple of places back in 8th,feeling it today.

ghislainlambert
    Free Member

One of my favourite events. Would agree with what everyone has said above. The course was probably one of the best I’ve raced on and I managed 18 laps, but am completely broken now.

My only gripe was that there was a mix up with the prizes, but hey ho life goes on.

Chisel
    Free Member

Well done to all involved it has been a long time since I did an event that was so friendly. I had a number of mishaps and everyone that passed asked if I was alright or if I needed anything even the fast boys. Thanks.

As for the course it was a lovely mix of up and down with some excellent singletrack.

Special mention and a big thankyou to the man in the tent at the end of the tarmac who after lap 8 stretched my back out for me. Kept the legs moving and the wheels turning eventually leading to 7th.

jimification
    Free Member

Brilliant weekend! Managed to give myself heatstroke / nausea and drop out after 3 hours but still had an absolutely top time. Fantastic course with oodles of singletrack – almost too much! Everyone very friendly on the course too. Thanks to the organisers for putting on such a great event. Will be back for revenge next year!

chargebikes
    Free Member

What was the gripe about the prizes ghislainlambert ? I hope we can sort it out.

Sparky77
    Free Member

+1 on a cracking weekend! Course was brilliant, was really worried after my first lap that I was going to end up having a few issues with trees in the latter stages of the race, but managed to avoid them all!! 😀

Was my first 12hr and think that I’ll be signing up for a few more!

redders
    Free Member

Wow, what an introduction.

I must say a big thank you to everyone, especially those who checked to see if i was alright after coming off in the 15mins in and landing on my head. I still have the headache!

It was expensive event new helmet needed, new shirt after a tree decided to grow onto my course. But thoroughly enjoyed the event from a novices perspective. The whippets were very polite, and thanks to you for making it less daunting.

Thanks SPAM, looking forward to the next one.

transapp
    Free Member

And good to see you out on the course redders.

redders
    Free Member

And nice to meet you too Transapp. You too Fuzzyfelt.

LoCo
    Free Member

Sounded great by all account Mark from Loco Rcaing won the 6hr solo singlespeed and mates Zoe and Scott won the 12hr pairs dispite Scott getting hideous heat stroke and then got back on a rode, well done guys! 😀

rickon
    Free Member

Cheers LoCo.

It was a really good race, my first endurance race since getting fat over Xmas 🙂

Really well designed course, pretty much everyone was really laid back – Lumicycle’s Prentice boys and the GT chaps who were rocketing along were so chilled out, it looked like at the pits that it wasn’t even a race 🙂

Timing worked really well, and the marshalls were in very good places – even if they seemed to disappear an hour from the end.

Top event, it’s like Brizzole’s Jamaican cousin – chilled out and awesome.

brassneck

T’is a great event, I think it gets overlooked by a lot thinking the riding on the Plain is all just big sky endless byways (as perpetuated by most of the magazines) – more fool them. Best event in England for me.

transapp
    Free Member

Yep, I’d say that it’s probably 75% singletrack in distance, but 90% in time. Really good vibe around the course with everyone letting each other past when possible and no shouting that I heard or saw (except for the one lady who panicked when I asked to get by when there was a chance and she ran into a tree – sorry!!). Good tunes and food to be had in the ‘village’ as well.

LoCo
    Free Member

Cheers Ricks, was a shame I couldn’t come and watch as it’s my ‘local’ race as that’s just down the road from where I grew up 😀

rickon
    Free Member

It was gurt lush LoCo.

You gotten keep fixing those forks, peoples needs their expensions.

Fuzzyfelt
    Free Member

ghislainlambert – congrats on your position in the race – I’m pretty sure I’m aware of what you are talking – 2 posns up from you. The rider in question has been in touch and all would appear to be OK.

Cheers
    SPAM Biking

Janesy
    Free Member

By far the best race of the year. Im dredding the bikefest in comparison to all that lovely singletrack.

I came 9th in my cat btw – I was trolling about what tyres for erlestoke… Mudx lol its my local.

transapp
    Free Member

you can laugh mate, but 2 of my team did have them on.
    And one was faster than me…

ghislainlambert
    Free Member

Hi Charge Bikes

Sorry should’ve got back to you sooner. It was no big deal just that the 12 hour soloists got the 6 hour prizes.

As I said not the end of the world I just noticed it this morning as I was sorting through my stuff from the weekend.

fisherboy
    Free Member

Great event guys, well done SPAM. best event of the year and looking forward to next year already.

doglover
    Free Member

What a great event, thanks SPAM !! Some really nice flowing s/track. Just about rehydrated now ! Kermit loved it too :mrgreen:

offthebrakes
    Free Member

Indeed, a fantastic course (as it has been every year) and a great chilled-out vibe. Excellent manners from everyone I passed or was passed by. Probably my favourite event on the calendar.

But please, don’t do the prize-giving quite so soon after midnight!

I know the organisers (all volunteers) will be desperately tired by the end, but at least give folks a chance to put something warm on over their sweaty kit.

I had to sprint (well, hobble quickly) back from my tent when I heard applause, and I think some soloists completely missed their podiums, which is a shame.

Viewing 35 posts - 1 through 35 (of 35 total)

The topic ‘Erlestoke 12 – singletrack heaven!’ is closed to new replies.