Ergon grips

Home Forum Bike Forum Ergon grips

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Ergon grips
  • Premier Icon 1kcove
    Subscriber

Anyone use the Ergon grips ? are they comfortable & good for climbing,
    which ones are best.

flashes

I couldn’t get on with them. You can buy mine…

timwillows

Like mine, very comfy – GE1
    Tried GP1, but can be a bit bulky feeling

Premier Icon 1kcove
    Subscriber

which ones are sellng flashes?

Premier Icon scaredypants
    Subscriber

you mean the ones with bar ends attached ?

I like ’em, but the bar ends are too slippy – bare metal

thomthumb

nope i hated em. couldn’t find a position that was comfy sitting down and standing up, almost made my hands slid inwards.

Premier Icon 1kcove
    Subscriber

Yes the ones with bar ends? i like to get out of the saddle on most climbs so i thought they might be quite good.

Junkyard

marmite i have a set you can borrow i fyou cover postage there and back to see if you get on I use them i just have spare ones

Premier Icon 1kcove
    Subscriber

Thanks? which ones do you have ? how much would you think postage would be.

flashes

Sorry senior moment, I must have already sold / swapped them I had the basic ones and the ones with small barends tried them after getting hand trouble, switched to Speciaized BG gloves, sorted and back to normal grips

GregMay

Love mine, have the GPX (?? non bar end ones) on both my MTB’s at the moment

Only thing that keeps my arms ok over long (6+hrs) rides.

Premier Icon ratherbeintobago
    Subscriber

GX2s (which have mini bar ends); would probably go for GX1s (which are half the price, and don’t) if I was buying again. They are a bit Marmite – I think their great, and don’t get hand numbness any more, but equally I know people that haven’t got on with them.

Andy

tinribz

Had the barend ones for while, super comfy solved my aching wrists from training for a C2C.

Didn’t like to bar end look in the end though so plumbed for some very similier to the GX1s for a fiver at Go Outdoors, two pairs in fact.

Premier Icon igm
    Subscriber

I’ve used the more normal GE1 type and the flap-at-the-back type.

The GE1s are great, like a normal grip but very, very comfy and sticky/grippy – what more do you want.

Didn’t like the flappy ones – comfortable for commuting perhaps, but I couldn’t get a decent out of the saddle position on them.

stayhigh

I’ve used the GX2’s on a couple of bikes and have found them to be very comfortable and never had any problems with hands slipping of the bar end part. I have them on my SS at the moment and no complaints at all.

Got a pair of GE1’s that are good (really helped my ulnaritus) and Missus has some GP1’s on her bike that she really rates.

Premier Icon robgarrioch
    Subscriber

Recently stuck on some ‘GR2 Comfort’ grips, just to experiment with a carbon fork –

So far have only been out on snowy / stoney tracks for 40 mins or so, but they feel ok, and don’t really feel like they noticably change your hands’ positioning. Odd but nice to have bar-ends again, the rubber inserts on these give plenty of grip.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Ergon grips’ is closed to new replies.