Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Equilibrium Ti
  • simonm
    Free Member

Anyone out there have an Equilibrium Ti ? What are your thoughts, is it enough lighter / comfier than the standard steel to justify the price ? Its an amazing looking frame.

Cheers.

rewski
    Free Member

A guy passed me on one this morning, very tidy. Would go for a kenesis gf Ti myself.

Rik
    Free Member

There’s far better Ti frames out there. and that’s coming from someone with a Ti obsession :0)

Rik
    Free Member

New bike 😉

matthew_h
    Free Member

Have you ridden one Rik?

simonm
    Free Member

Nope, I’ve trashed my Equilibrium frame 🙁
    So thinking of not getting the Ariel, putting 34s on the black bike, and getting a nice road frame.

I do ride the road bike, I do ride the black bike. Not sure how much i’d ride the Ariel… I mean I got rid of the other big bike…I’ve even got a spare set of Flows with 2.4’s on for uplift days etc.

spanner in the works today really…

matthew_h
    Free Member

That actually sounds like a really sensible plan to me Si. Good call

Rik
    Free Member

Does sound like a good plan, your Santa Cruz is to die for.

Not riden the genesis. But it’s a mass produced generic Ti frame built to order, nothing wrong with it at all but at £1400 it seems a little expensive when you can get a mass produced Ti frame from a well regarded manafacture (Van Nic) for £800 from Planet X. It’s not as if Genesis has any kudos, to demand a higher than normal price, Madison have huge buying power, good marketing though. They’ve certainly evolved from the Ridgeback days.

simonm
    Free Member

mmmm, maybe true but I loved the Equilibrium, so Ti version will be same Geometry I like but lighter and comfier.

Plus, sourcing it from 18bikes means I can always easily get support / warranty help etc if there are issues, thats a cost and hassle people don’t always consider.

I’ve vowed to not order ever again from On-one 😉 not after sending two bikes back virtually un-ridden.

barn
    Free Member

Do it.

cheers_drive

Enigma are selling off some frames at the moment, that would be my pick. I like Genesis bikes but this one’s too much for what it is.

Rik
    Free Member

I agree with cheers dave, engima have in your size in clearance a d they only charge £100 more than the genesis for a hand built in the UK custom TI than a generic Ti far frame from the Far East.

simonm
    Free Member

mmmmm, yeh. They do look expensive compared to some of those others.

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

Just get a steel one and save your money for something worth while.

simonm
    Free Member

thats no fun.

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

Depends what you spend it on.

An expensive Ti frame must be one of the dullest purchases going.

£1000 would get you a road riding holiday in the alps.

simonm
    Free Member

It wouldn’t pay for the childcare while I was away though, Us encumbered people have to get or pleasures elsewhere 😉

simonm
    Free Member

I got one. Its great. Fits like the old bike but much faster. Really happy with it.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Equilibrium Ti’ is closed to new replies.