Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Entertain me. I’ve got gastro :o(
  • aphex_2k
    Free Member

Since last Friday. Signed off from work. Dropped kids to school this morning and was phoned by them advising my 5 year old had chucked up in class. Feeling metaphorically and literally sick and tired.

She’s asleep now so I need something to stare at while I lie on the sofa and burp/fart and ache.

Netflix and ill.

maccruiskeen

Dropped kids to school this morning

The correct term is ‘dropping the kids off at the pool’

followed by pushing library books off a trolley

Followed by emptying a suitcase full of shoes on the floor

richardkennerley

Me too fella. Started Saturday evening, managed half day at work on Sunday, been off since and it’s not showing any signs of easing up. Gonna try to drop a sample at the lab today, not a euphemism!

Been watching fear the walking dead on amazon and a bits of the tour.

martinhutch

Been watching fear the walking dead

Could be a prescient decision.

aphex_2k
    Free Member

Daughter’s been watching kids TV on the sofa, broken up by walks around the garden and picking flowers for when Mom comes home from work. Hate being ill, but REALLY hate when my kids are ill. Sunday night (early Monday morning) she was sick 5 times in 45 mins. Twice while she was sat on the loo which was a fun scenario. Belly gurgles, cramps and “dare I fart” moments. Eww….

Annoyingly the sun is shining her and we had the hottest September day since 94. We got to 32c and it’s perfect riding weather if you can avoid the spring magpies swooping. Oh well. One plus is that my blood sugars have been spot on and I’m ticking over on very little food. I think I’ve lost a kilo or two since Friday as I needed to go in a hole on my belt haha!

slowoldman

Careful with those farts Eugene.

qwerty
    Free Member

Cling film pants FTW.

Having had campylobacter a couple of years ago, it’s not fun, the stench i created was phenomenal, no vomiting for me though, just a water cannon of gush.

perchypanther
    Free Member

I think I’ve lost a kilo or two since Friday as I needed to go in a hole on my belt

Couldn’t make it to the toilet eh?

I’m simultaneously horrified that you were afflicted so badly by the “brown laser” and impressed that you were able to hit so small a target.

nbt

qwerty wrote:

Having had campylobacter a couple of years ago, it’s not fun, the stench i created was phenomenal, no vomiting for me though, just a water cannon of gush.

I recall being poorly on a ski trip to Val d’Isere a few years ago. As though it wasn’t bad enough to be sitting there with my head between my knees while half the weight of my body was pouring out of my backside and down the toilet, when I sat up and smelt the stench it was a desperate grab for the bin as I did a fairly good impression of Linda Blair in The Exorcist. Not a fun 24 hours, but it ripped through sto quickly I was skiing again after just one day in bed (plenth of fresh poweder snow was somewhat too tempting to waste)

qwerty
    Free Member

24 hours

Pah – amateur… 😉 mine was 10 days & then a stool sample followed by antibiotics. Probably going full chat for 14 days. I became thin. Was kinda nice to be “purged” after, I didn’t touch caffeine or alcohol for 6 months after.

richardkennerley

no vomiting for me though, just a water cannon of gush.

That’s interesting, I’ve had no vomiting. I reckon I’ve most likely got camp. I’m actually still hungry and eating a bit, not really lost my appetite.

Just had a pretty dicey trip to Tesco for some supplies. 😳

aphex_2k
    Free Member

Yeah the smells aren’t good at all. I left the bedroom after a number of hours trying to sleep. Went back in and was horrified by the stink I seemingly hadn’t noticed while I was in there.

Oh, and yesterday I had deep eggy gassy burps. Not eaten eggs. Just the putrefying smell if my innards.

Fun. For all the family……. (just waiting for the boy and the missus to catch up.

qwerty
    Free Member

Make sure you increase your hand hygiene by using soap & water often & before eating, i was quarantined to our downstairs loo only, don’t share plates / utensils / food etc.

If four of you get it…. how many toilets do you have?

I’m rather OCD with raw chicken prep when cooking now!

slowoldman

Make sure you increase your hand hygiene by using soap & water often & before eating immunity by regularly eating mud.

aphex_2k
    Free Member

Just the one loo :/

Hand hygiene is as good as it can be with a 5 year old girl and 8 year old boy in the house. (I’m a nurse so I’m OK with it all, just the kids can be a bit “Did I wipe? Did I flush? Did I wash hands?

I’ve done heaps of laundry, I’ve got alcohol gel in my pocket. Steralising anti-bac wipes. Doing the best I can. It’s quite possible wifey poisoned me as she’s veggie and has no concept (other than me banging on about it for close to 20 years that no, you can cook sausages, out the spares in the fridge, and then “blast them in the microwave” or use different chopping boards for pork / chicken that was once raw, then cooked and cut up on the SAME BLOODY CHOPPING board….ffs… fml…..

Today I’ve managed a piece of sourdough toast with sardines on. My appetite is usually voracious. Seriously sick (sic) of it now.

lucien

Pre-season weight loss, you’ll be an XC Whippet in no time….

aphex_2k
    Free Member

Haha yeah I do like a positive spin.

senorj

The I player has the whole of Tutti Frutti !!!! (80’s musical comedy w’ Robbie Coltrane.)
    Whoop.

richardkennerley

Well, that’s one of the few “perks” of my job…. Just been into the lab and set up my own sample! Camp takes up to two days to grow so a bit of a wait.

aphex_2k
    Free Member

So you’re job’s “sh!t” then?

Feeling a bit perkier this morning. Daughter is off school. Sun is shining, and I’m picking up a new insulin pump and CGM at 5pm so I’m looking forward to that (perhaps a little sad but it’s a new system which is almost a digital pancreas as it reacts to rising BSL and gives me bolus insulin accordingly to get me back into range).

Banana and black coffee for breakie. Yum. (not in the same cup though) 😀

Will see if I can prize my daughter away from My Little Pony on netflix and go for a walk on the beach with her. Fresh air and exercise.

richardkennerley

Yeah, when people asked what I did, I would just say “poking sh!t with sticks.” I work in a microbiology lab.

Just had confirmation from one of my colleagues, I’ve got Campylobacter. I can confirm it’s grim and best avoided!

maccruiskeen

If four of you get it…. how many toilets do you have?

My first proper experience of full blown gastro was during a family caravanning holiday when I was about 16. Four of us were in a two-bed touring caravan

nedrapier

you all better yet?

If not, I had a chuckle through this article and the film:

https://www.surfer.com/features/the-drag-softboard-movement/

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘Entertain me. I’ve got gastro :o(’ is closed to new replies.