Viewing 16 posts - 41 through 56 (of 56 total)
  • Enough politics – where are you all riding this summer?
  • curto80
    Free Member

Attempting the Galerien, a week after my iron man/duathlony type thing. Not holding out too much hope of success.

chipster

So far, all that’s planned is a weekend away on my first trip to BPW, with the younger dudes in our club.
    BPW on a hardtail, anyone? 😯

tuskaloosa
    Free Member

IHN – will look forward to some pics and a write up…looks great

oldnpastit

Nobeerinthefridge – Member

Sadly my wife has determined to take me to the one part of Scotland that has no mountain biking whatsoever

Norfolk is not in Scotland.

Where btw?.

[/quote]

Harris. It’s nice to look at, but very little riding. There’s the little loop round the coastal path by Tarbert, and a long sloggy bogfest through a giant bog round the north side of An Cliseam. Both are nice enough, but not very exciting.

One option is to take a cheeky trip on the ferry over to Skye for a couple of days and see if she notices I’ve gone.

EDIT: I guess doing the Renigadale loop anti-clockwise could be quite fun, with that big drop into the sea.

Northwind

chipster – Member

BPW on a hardtail, anyone?

Fine tbh! I didn’t do any of the big jumps but almost everything else. Great day out on either bike.

prawny

The usual week long family holiday to the Dumfries area in May (likely to be the last this year though sadly) and then a week on the Gower in August.

Other than that my 8.30am curfew tends to limit my riding to cannock so I don’t have to get up before 6 at the weekend to get a decent ride in. Planning to stray off the main trails a bit more this year, it’s my back garden and I only know a tiny % of it.

ahsat

2 weeks in Scotland in May for us – hoping to bike pack. Also got holiday in September and currently debating if we can pull together enough money for a week with Basque as well as the DIY which needs doing with the house. Otherwise Peaks, Yorkshire Dales, Lakes and Wales all likely to be visited too.

jambalaya
    Free Member

Last year my Alps trip involved cycling around the roads of Deauville on my 160mm bike so this year hoping for a few days in each of these;

Join my mates trip in mid-July, venue yet to be decided
    Morzine to co-incide with Weeksy and other STWers
    Followed by a few days in Verbier (sadly my good friend and host (ie free accomodation) has decided to move to Munich)
    Vosges – fingers crossed for a September pedal up long weekend

celticdragon

Weather permitting, I’m going to try some of the Ikneild way and Ridgeway June bank holiday weekend as a kit test and me test for my trip to Europe. Ideally want to do it in a day.

Then just over a month later I’m off to Belgium for the 5 Countries tour details here

Edric64
    Free Member

We are off to the Outer Hebrides road bike touring and walking

John_Key
    Free Member

@Alex Leigh, where in the Ardeche were those photos taken? Cool looking trail!

fathomer

Plenty of riding in the Peak & Cannock, plus the very limited local stuff.

My first ever overseas holiday, a week in the Pyrenees with Altitude Adventure, I’m mega excited about this!

3-4 weekends in Wales, two of which are going to include BPW. Also want to get back to Nant y Arian as the Mrs fancies it.

Hopefully a week somewhere warm late October/early November with the Mrs, current thinking is Tenerife and Lavatrax.

SirHC

Megavalanche
    Ardrock
    Peebles
    Molini with Riviera Bike

Plus the usual local(ish) rides in Shropshire/FOD

colournoise

Only definite is ‘Ard Rock.

Once the camper is fully finished though, we’re planning a 3 week or so UK road trip in August and I’ll be taking the Rocket along, so the route I plan might end up accidentally taking in some good riding spots.

Thinking a long loop around the Dales, Glentress, Fort Bill, some of the western Stanes, Lakes, North Wales, Mid Wales, South Wales, and so on…

Alex

Lavatrax is a fun way to spend time on Tenerife. Had some great rides with Darran.

@Alex Leigh, where in the Ardeche were those photos taken? Cool looking trail!

Photos 1 and 3 are the ride out of Les Vans. It’s an amazing day out. Need to shuttle to the top and it’s still a 40km/1200m of climbing ride. That descent is incredible but there’s another one that runs through some woods for about 20 mins.

And then a spin back into les vans for beer while someone else fetches the van 🙂 If you want a GPX, drop me a mail and I’ll send it over.

Photo 2 is Val Gorge. Has some exposure. Again if you want the GPX let me know, it’s doable without a shuttle but you’ll need to be prepared for a very long road climb!

mcmoonter
    Free Member

Western Isles and Wester Ross loop with CynicAl and Boblo in a couple of weeks. Can’t wait.

Viewing 16 posts - 41 through 56 (of 56 total)

The topic ‘Enough politics – where are you all riding this summer?’ is closed to new replies.