Viewing 39 posts - 1 through 39 (of 39 total)
  • Enough gun dogs, let's see your……..lurchers!
  • Vader
    Free Member

other long dogs accepted

that is all

v

midlifecrashes

Rebel doing what he does best…

With the late, great Fred in the snow…

And on a chilly morning in the woods…

user-removed
    Free Member

Kasper – hairy lurcher / terrier / whatever else cross.

Vader
    Free Member

nice tail!

Vader
    Free Member

woffle
    Free Member

Stanley the Bedlington – out and about:

Touch the biscuit tin and immediately you get ‘good Stanley’:

Bimbler
    Free Member

Barney the crap dog. Whippet/Collie cross we think.

hammyuk
    Free Member

Micks – Greyhound/Saluki cross, only does two things….

rexated
    Free Member

Hetwin looking snooty / snouty.

Mowgli
    Free Member

/hijack/

Lurcher owners, can any of your lurchers run after a mtn bike for 6-8 hours? I would like one, but not sure if ‘endurance’ is one of the options. Pics above confirm the theory that they only sleep and sprint. Cheers!

/hijack/

rexated
    Free Member

in her rightful place i.e. the sofa

rexated
    Free Member

Mowgli – no, but i’ve never tried that long. she’s pretty knackered after an hour…more of a short course xc than enduro type! def sprinters and sleepers.

rexated
    Free Member

okay, I should stop now:

hammyuk
    Free Member

We’ve done 2-3hrs several times

Mowgli
    Free Member

When I say 6-8 hours, that includes a fair bit of sitting, looking, eating and waiting for gf to catch up. Maybe should take a lurcher out for a test drive, they’re beautiful and look like nice chilled out companions.

petrieboy

No idea what Monty is, but pretty sure theres some lurcher in the mix

goon
    Free Member

It’s hard to find some pics of Ali and Ted I haven’t posted, so I’ve raided my Picasa for some others.

Minnie

The incredible Lemmy in the white collar. About the size of a toy poodle.

Franny

Bramble

No idea of the names.

There’s nothing like a sighthound running.

Vader
    Free Member

oh yeah some fantastic dogs on here!

Mowgli Jess the deerhound collie cross will still do a 30k day despite being 10 years old. And she’ll hit the nitrous for any hare or cat that sticks its head above the parapet…

mattzzzzzz
    Free Member

Rocco the greyhound /collie cross has issues but I love him , the other one is Oscar

scotsman
    Free Member

At 9 months so a bit longer now

coynie09
    Free Member

MrGrim

Woohoo, love a lurcher thread. Tara the BedlingtonxGreyhoundxWhippetx???

Dislikes: rabbits, cats, squirrels, mice, other dogs, old women with trolleys that look like dogs.

tracknicko
    Free Member

Hi guys.

I’m on the other thread (gundog owner currently)

The mrs and I are considering a second pup when we move (not particularly soon i might add)

We love whippets. Can anyone tell me their daily routine? I appreciate the run/sleep thing. But are they highly strung when they are awake?

We walk the lab for an hour at 7am and an hour at about 6pm. he gets thrashed in this time, and basically sleeps for the rest of the the day and night (plus a little evening play time)

we mix it up a bit of course, he rides with me when i’m mtbing for example…

reckon a whippet would fit in at the household?

subjective i know…

BeardedDave
    Free Member

This is Ginny, our greyhound/bearded collie (we think!) cross, studying the start list for this year’s Team Time Trial World Championships!

chakaping
    Free Member

No idea what Monty is

A very handsome chap! (maybe part ridgeback?)

PS. Your missus will probably find the bike frame under that desk , hide it better!

trailofdestruction
    Free Member

Reece, who we rescued about 8 years ago, and is now around 14 years old, so spends most of her time doing this. We’ll always have greyhounds and lurchers from now on. Definitely found our type of dog.

petrieboy

No idea what Monty is
    A very handsome chap! (maybe part ridgeback?)
    PS. Your missus will probably find the bike frame under that desk , hide it better!

People often say ridgeback, he’s about that height but not as heavy. His coat is sort of halfway between ridgeback short and a lab. Colouring is obvously very lab like. Dangerously clever (he worked out how to escape from his enclosure into the run at the boarding kennels, this involved hanging off a pulley – the staff thought they had a ghost) and a chase instinct like a greyhound, and he’s very fast. Pretty good at scent tracking too. Enormous paws for his weight. Odd animal…

Sandwich

Your missus will probably find the bike frame under that desk , hide it better!

That old thing? He’s had that ages! 😉

petrieboy

I have actually had that frame for 20 years, but it’s good to know who my friends are!!

Daisy_Duke
    Free Member

Lxys and Snoopy say woof…

salsaboy

[/url]
    Maverick at full tilt. by andy_carter, on Flickr[/img]

justatheory
    Free Member

I love lurchers. I’ve got a whippet x terrier and she is the most gentle, beautiful animal I’ve ever met. I’ll get some photographs up when I get home.

anagallis_arvensis

I am not enjoying this!!!

second best rough bitch in Berkshire!!

anagallis_arvensis

But are they highly strung when they are awake?

No not at all, can be a little nervous maybe but whippets are almost cat like in their ability to chill

cupra
    Free Member

Thanks so much for starting this thread. Until 8 weeks ago when we suddenly lost my beloved Bob very suddenly we had 2 lurchers, now we just have dafty Sally.
    Bob

Sally

MrGrim

RIP Bob

Doing what she does best

transapp
    Free Member

I so want a Bedlington lurcher!! My dad and brother both have one, and I want to join the club. Hoouse move in 4 weeks then I’m off loking for one!

teenrat

My best friend Barney!

funkrodent

Got a jet black dog from Manchester Dog’s home. Stood as high as a greyhound, with a running dog’s haunches, combined with the chest and distinctive “ridge” of a ridgeback and a slender head. Real bitsa but a lurcher through and through. Ran like the wind, slept like a drunk man and ate like a horse. Loyal as could be. Went by the name of Tippy (or Mr Tips to my old man who used to send him postcards). He’s been dead for some time now so no pics, but never forgotten. Lovely dogs. Next dog will 100% be a lurcher, with some terrier in the mix for the endurance.

Viewing 39 posts - 1 through 39 (of 39 total)

The topic ‘Enough gun dogs, let's see your……..lurchers!’ is closed to new replies.