Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 160 total)
  • Enough about Bowie
  • matt_outandabout

It was on radio all afternoon it seems.

We are now halfway into main BBC news, still on Bowie.

Enough already.

TheDTs
    Free Member

+1

scotroutes

Your telly doesn’t have an off button/channel switch?

Just wait until the summer. It’s going to be bloody non-stop olympics

Drac

Never heard on seen about all day other than social media.

My TV has more than one channel and I have an android box.

woody74

Must be a very very very very slow news day. Top of the news is fine, but 17 minutes and over half the news and not really saying anything new.

matt_outandabout

The mute button was useful.

Other news now.

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

Just watching ITV news.

You can often judge the importance of someone by the calibre of people paying tribute

I think that’s a disgusting statement, and shows the power of celeb in the modern world

Odd how he is having more screen/air time in death than in life, RIP

scotroutes

I’ve got this great mental image of you all staring at the TV on mute now 🙂

langylad
    Free Member

Depends on your perspective. I care a lot more for him than princess diana and she was in the news for years

matt_outandabout
    coastkid
    Free Member

Largely ignored is a British Legend that died yesterday, SAS hero John Brummie Stokes,
    http://www.herefordtimes.com/news/14194702.Updated__SAS_legend_dies/?ref=fbshr

beano68
    Free Member

If you loved his music and your of that age to remember him for the early days then its sad times and if you don’t turn it friccin over to another channel !!!

piemonster

I’ve got this great mental image of you all staring at the TV on mute now

Oh great thanks. I now have a image of him watching the news on a manky old chair in nowt but pants and a string vest voicing his anger at the world in grunts and snarls inbetween gorging violently on Doritos.

scotroutes

You’ve met Matt then?

beano68
    Free Member

@coastkid Yes mate also very sad news about Brummie stokes RIP

jambalaya
    Free Member

Bowie is well worth an entire bulletin of the news.

thestabiliser
    Free Member

Yeah but the alomo was fricking aaaages ago

DezB
    Free Member

HAve you got one of those 70s tellys with only 3 channels?
    I’ve set the Sky+ to record “5 Years” a bit later, but apart from that have only seen a bit of Rick Wakeman on the 1 Show.
    Don’t need to be told what albums he’s released cos I know that and certainly don’t need to know what celebs thought of him. All easy to avoid.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

He’s in Scotland. What do you reckon?

scotroutes

He’s in Scotland from Yorkshire. What do you reckon?
    [/quote]FTFY

fin25
    Free Member

It’s alright, the news will be back to war, famine, corruption and political cynicsm tomorrow.
    For now, someone of great cultural importance has passed away, he might not mean much to you, but it is pretty big news, so will be covered at length, as it probably should be.

cinnamon_girl

Those growing up in the 70’s realised what an immense contribution to music he made. The number of giants is slowly diminishing, it’s been a sad day.

langylad
    Free Member

It’s alright, the news will be back to war, famine, corruption and political cynicsm tomorrow.
    For now, someone of great cultural importance has passed away, he might not mean much to you, but it is pretty big news, so will be covered at length, as it probably should be.

Indeed fin

binners

Amen to that!

Can we not just take a day – a day FFS! – and celebrate the life of someone who by anyone’s standards was pretty bloody amazing?!

matt_outandabout

It is one of those gert big ‘tube’ tellies….it doesn’t do smart or much really. It is connected to an Aldi freesat box.

So 3 channels is not far off.

I have only bought one telly, ever. That was 21 years ago.

#marriedtoayorkshirewomanandlivinginscotland

sirromj

If I see anymore bloody stormtroopers doing everyday tasks…

leffeboy

The number of giants is slowly diminishing, it’s been a sad day.

That. I wasn’t a fan at all but he was a big part of a time when people became celebrities for actually being awesome at something so I may not miss him but I will mourn his passing

DezB
    Free Member

I just wish I’d edited that capital ‘A’. Bugged me 4 times now.

copa
    Free Member

Can we not just take a day – a day FFS! – and celebrate the life of someone who by anyone’s standards was pretty bloody amazing?!

At what time is it officially OK to have an opinion which doesn’t conform to your view?

slimjim78
    Free Member

Do one OP.

If the passing of Bowie isn’t culturally significant enough to stir the media for hours/days – then nothing really matters.

mrlebowski
    Free Member

For those of you who find it unimpressive the media time given to the death of David Bowie, I ask you: name someone else who made as much of a contribution as he did to music who died today that you’d prefer to hear about?……

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

At what time is it officially OK to have an opinion which doesn’t conform to your view?

4 EVA IN R HRTZ. Etc.

copa
    Free Member

For those of you who find it unimpressive the media time given to the death of David Bowie, I ask you: name someone else who made as much of a contribution as he did to music who died today that you’d prefer to hear about?……

Can’t answer as I feel it would be disrespectful.

mrlebowski
    Free Member

Tom_W1987
    Free Member

The number of giants is slowly diminishing, it’s been a sad day.

They’ve been dead for hundreds of years.

You bunch of heathen.

fasthaggis

Oh great thanks. I now have a image of him watching the news on a manky old chair,saggy Debenhams sofa,in nowt but pants and a string vest voicing his anger at the world in grunts and snarls inbetween gorging violently on Doritos building a full scale model of a SeaKing.

mrsfry
    Free Member

[video]https://youtu.be/7JTroFovUXw[/video]

centralscrutinizer
    Free Member

A day of dwelling on the life of one of the most iconic and influential figures in popular music can’t be that irritating can it ?

grum
    Free Member

I don’t really watch/listen to news but my Facebook feed is getting a bit ridiculous. I don’t remember any of these people ever talking about Bowie when he was alive.

The number of giants is slowly diminishing

There are still a few north of the wall.

Northwind

coastkid – Member

Largely ignored is a British Legend that died yesterday, SAS hero John Brummie Stokes

His last album wasn’t great though

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 160 total)

The topic ‘Enough about Bowie’ is closed to new replies.