Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • "Enjoy her! She's a perk."
  • BigDummy
    Free Member

"She will flaunt you her curves. Which you should admire daily to spice up your sex, nightly, with the wife."

I love everything about this non-story. The charming sleaziness of the man's turn of phrase, the outrage and nonsense spouted in the Grauniad's comments section. 😀

Although I can't say I've ever really been conscious of using any flaunting by our trainees to spice up sex with my wife…

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

as soon as men stop appreciating women (and vice versa) the human race will die out…

It seems to me he's stating the obvious, but it didn't need to be said

DezB
    Free Member

you should look but not touch

Being a ginge, that's probably what he's been doing his whole life.

(No disrespect to any ginges on here 😉 )

soobalias
    Free Member

thats hardly lucky, im looking at 16st 10lbs of real woman.

explains why my pay is so poor, i guess.

mrmichaelwright
    Free Member

You'd have thought the VC would have larger things to worry about than 'perks'

Bucks university

112th out of 114 universities in the Times University Guide league tables

:FAIL:

Third lowest student satisfaction score as well. I wonder why?

samuri
    Free Member

The guy is on his way to losing job over that one but at least he's honest. Surely all (Adult) people irrespective of gender or orientation, 'eye up' people they find attractive in the workplace.

soobalias
    Free Member

mrmichaelwright,

if you were a stoopid round here you would be less than satisfied as well.

coolhandluke
    Free Member

Poor fellow is going to be lynched by fat lesbian guardian reading types who think all men are rapists….

Eye candy we call it and there's nowt wrong with window shopping. \

Good on him for saying so but i feel he'll be forced to resign or something daft like that.

mrmichaelwright
    Free Member

admitting to window shopping is not the problem, calling it a 'perk of the job' when you are a very senior member of staff at an institution charged with educating and developing the young and often vulnerable adults of our country, despite their race, sex or religion is.

BigDummy
    Free Member

It's hard to get the context from the Graun's coverage, but his remarks appeared in an article in the Times Higher Education supplement about the seven deadly sins on campus. The bit on "Lust" could have been wholly uncontroversial I suppose, but there was never a great chance. 🙂

scaredypants

Third lowest student satisfaction score as well. I wonder why?

lack of touching-up by lecturers ??

mrmichaelwright
    Free Member

i think there was a lack of feather pillows in the girls dorms, that's what girls do at uni right? Pillow fights in skimpy nighties.

If not i might have to change my research material

coffeeking
    Free Member

Not entirely sure it's a position he should be making out to the news, but its far from "wrong" in its concept. However he does seem to take it a little far with the explanation, making it seem awfully sleazy. All people who work in any workplace with attractive people are going to look and admire, and consider themselves lucky. Its an unspoken thing, speaking it (or making it obvious to the other workplace people) may make it uncomfortable and isn't right, regardless of the workplace in question.

As for it not being an abuse of power, im not convinced on that one. While there's certainly nothing legally wrong with dating a student, it is seriously frowned on (but certainly not unheard of). In technical fields you can't easily change marks or affect the direction of the students without someone noticing, it is very well checked and balanced, but in some of the arts degrees it is pretty obvious that it's interpretation and the marks are given based on the staff viewpoint, plus it would take considerably longer to work through the answers etc to prove wrong-doing.

I dont think many of the students could be considered any more vulnerable than any other young adult, so that argument doesnt really fly with me.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘"Enjoy her! She's a perk."’ is closed to new replies.