Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • English / Woods / Dunlop Valve. Can’t believe they’re still out there!
  • Potdog
    Free Member

Came across a 27.5 tube with one of these “Old Skool” valves fitted. The only unfortunate thing was that I didn’t notice until I needed it on a trail!

Came in a box of 50 tubes from a Chinese company, all the rest have been Presta as I ordered, but I just can’t believe that anyone still even makes these to get one mixed into a batch.

Don’t think I’ve ever owned a pump in my 40 odd years of bike riding that would even fit one 🤣

tthew

Screw on Presta ones will fit I believe, like those that come with Lezyne mini-pumps, but yeah, probably meant for a Chinese Flying Pigeon or something.

In other news, 50 INNER TUBES!!! 😲 😁

Potdog
    Free Member

@tthew I do like a bit of bulk buying 😁

tjagain

I recently bought a puncture repair kit that contained a couple of bits of valve rubber!

somafunk

I can’t believe folk still run tubes?

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Aren’t they still the only NJS approved valves or something silly?

drnosh
    Free Member

Popular on my 1924 Sunbeam!!

cruzcampo
    Free Member

Was servicing the missus bike today and it came with dunlop tubes, couldnt find the screw on presta adapter, screwed the valve top off to try pump that way and the inner shot across the room and emptied the tube in 1 second nearly took the cat out! lol

Trip out to buy and adapter and all is well again!

Potdog
    Free Member

It was my emergency tubeless disaster recovery tube 🤣

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘English / Woods / Dunlop Valve. Can’t believe they’re still out there!’ is closed to new replies.