Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • England Weekend
  • iolo
    Free Member

I’ve never been to England. What tyres? Which campsite? What’s the riding like? What wheel size?

wwaswas

There’s no decent riding there, I’d stay at home.

shifter
    Free Member

You’ll be fine. Learn a bit of the language before you go, we like that.

RustySpanner

You should be pathetically grateful that the people who exploited your godforsaken little principality, stole it’s natural resources, banned your language, destroyed your industry and accused you of molesting livestock still want to come and visit.

Bloody ingrates. 🙂

brakes
    Free Member

Yorkshire is the only place worth going to.
    Bring your credit card.

iolo
    Free Member

Yes , my mother is my aunt but we have such good riding here. And our sheep are gorgeous.

LoCo
    Free Member

If you leave you have to pay to get back in remember 😉

wwaswas

If you leave you have to pay to get back in remember

I thought they made you pay to leave as they got less complaints that way round?

RustySpanner

Oh, don’t bother with the Pennines, Howgills, North York moors, Lakes, Peak, Northumberland or South Downs.
    Put your bike in a car and travel between our wonderfully original trail centres to get a real flavour of the country.

I can recommend the BMX track in Rochdale, Boggart Hole Clough, Thompson Park in Burnley and the cycle speedway track on Nuthurst Road in Moston.

wonnyj
    Free Member

They don’t have rocks there you know.

rusty90
    Free Member

I’m told there are some pretty gnarly trails though

senorj

Epping forest is the most rad place in Englandshire.
    Wild animals , wild trails.
    You’ll need at least 6 ” travel & a full face helmet otherwise it won’t be worth it…at least that’s how it looked on Sunday….

soobalias
    Free Member

if you are not there already, you wont get there this weekend.

you need to book a spot on a motorway for a bank holiday weekend, least a month in advance.

we loves our motorways.

plyphon
    Free Member

You’ll need at least 6 ” travel & a full face helmet otherwise it won’t be worth it…at least that’s how it looked on Sunday….

Last time I went I saw a bloke with a full on DH rig with a full face.

didn’t see him riding mind.

phiiiiil

There are some great campsites down in Devon near the beach. Then, while you’re in England, you can go ride your bike around the Lake District, ‘cos it’s not far away being in the same country and all.

Call in for fish and chips in Brighton on your way back to the campsite to round off the day.

rusty90
    Free Member

Mrs Rusty and I are off to England for the Bank Holiday weekend. We’ve booked somewhere to stay on the Wood Dene estate in Peckham, which sounds lovely. I’m told that it’s renowned for it’s shooting – I’ve always wanted to try a spot of grouse shooting so I’m hoping to bump into the Lord of the Manor and get an invite. Do you think I should pack my plus fours or is more casual dress acceptable?

thestabiliser
    Free Member

Spare ones, that one off carry on camping (take plenty of pound notes), like cyclocross but worse, whatever size it wasn’t last year

40mpg

Go to the Isle of Wight. You’ll feel right at home.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘England Weekend’ is closed to new replies.