Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 88 total)
  • England V Scotland (There will be spoilers from the outset)
  • Jamie
    Free Member

BRING ON THE JONES!

[img]http://i.imgur.com/n8MuGpR.jpg[/img]

Edric64
    Free Member

The future of English football…Ricky Lambert
    The former beetroot packer.

(Tabloids will love this one.)

And formerly a top player for the mighty Gas !!

Jamie
    Free Member

Danny Welbeck. Man of the match?

Erm…k.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

I hadn’t realised he played for the gas. The shitter half of a city with two shitty teams. 🙂

patriotpro
    Free Member

Get in. 1-0 Scotland.

Haha – england are gash. Might as well get that in early – because well get pumped.

Yup

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

That England shirt is very German looking.

glupton1976
    Free Member

Decent effort by Scotland there. England are properly shite though.

wrecker
    Free Member

Hasn’t lansdown got big plans for the shit? He’s not **** about at bristol rugby, that’s for sure.
    I read the other day that the shits away shirt is going to be blue and white soon 😀

Decent effort by Scotland there. England are properly shite though.

Agreed. Marginally less properly shite than Scotland though 😆

Junkyard
    Free Member

That England shirt is very German looking.

make them take penalties you will soon see the difference

An ok match and england won and scotland were not hammered but in the lead twice and still lost

GRR

glupton1976
    Free Member

Agreed. Marginally less properly shite than Scotland though

It’s a long time since our fans thought we might win the world cup at the next time of asking though.

rogerthecat
    Free Member

For a non football fan that was pretty good to watch, England marginally better but Scotland had some good play. Really good to see a lack of drama on the pitch, just the right amount of commitment without the silliness. If England are supposed to be so much better it didn’t really show tonight.

Commentary on ITV (esp in the studio) was very partisan, worse than Inverdale in the rugby.

allthepies
    Free Member

FTFY.

patriotpro
    Free Member

It’s a long time since our fans thought we might win the world cup at the next time of asking though.

Putting wearers of picnic blankets firmly in their place is infinitely more gratifying. 😉 and to be fair realistic…

Hohum
    Free Member

It was an exciting game for a friendly!

It will be interesting to hear the armchair pundits analysis of the game tomorrow in the office 🙄

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Putting wearers of picnic blankets firmly in their place is infinitely more gratifying. and to be fair realistic…

But you have the ‘greatest league in the world’, surely tonight showed how pish u lot actually are, struggling to beat a bunch of also rans….

Jamie
    Free Member

Ooh! Are we moving onto the handbags already?

One sec!

*downs pint*

Right! Who wants some!

sobriety
    Free Member

But you have the ‘greatest league in the world’, surely tonight showed how pish u lot actually are, struggling to beat a bunch of also rans….

That’s becasue the league is full of foreign jonnies, as most actual English player are a bit, well, pants. Just marginally less pants than the rest of the home nations.

Junkyard
    Free Member

eyeballs jamie asking him if he wants some

Smudger666

As an Englishman in Scotland, the result is all that counts – pundit away, but I can relax about work tomorrow 😀

Jamie
    Free Member

eyeballs jamie asking him if he wants some

Depends. What is this ‘some’ you mention?

Hohum
    Free Member

Smudger666 – Member
    As an Englishman in Scotland, the result is all that counts – pundit away, but I can relax about work tomorrow

I am in the same boat.

Both you and I know there will be zero talk about the result tomorrow.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

*winks at jimmers and JY*

Come get “some” boys.

Kryton57

Has this finally convinced people that English footballers are overpaid classless untalented louts which compared to the rest of our sporting peeps are way down the league table of popular people?

Jamie
    Free Member

Has this finally convinced people that English footballers are overpaid classless untalented louts which compared to the rest of our sporting peeps are way down the league table of popular people?

No.

Come get “some” boys.

*rubs thighs*

Kryton57

So you’d put the commitment and ability of any English footballer above that of dalaglio, wiggins, Ennis, farah, hoy, Froome, Thompson, Coe Murray etc ?*

*yes, English Spanglish or whatever….

scotroutes

You’re just boasting because your overpaid classless untalented louts are better than our not-quite-so-overpaid classless untalented louts.

Jamie
    Free Member

So you’d put the commitment and ability of any English footballer above that of dalaglio, wiggins, Ennis, farah, hoy, Froome, Thompson, Coe Murray etc ?*

*yes, English Spanglish or whatever…

No. I would recognise them as elite athletes in the same way the ones you mention are.

Why the need to denigrate one group, in order to elevate another?

Smudger666

Lol@scotroites.

Ho hum, yup, deathly silence. Of corse, driving in with my England window flag flying may get tongues wagging!

Kryton57

Jamie hold on – I’m not. I despise football. I genuinly thought England lost ( am in a hotel with free red wine and olives in my room so am a tad pissed) from a Facebook message I recieved.

My comment stands and your reply re elite athetes I agree with. Nothing against Scotland at all. Fwiw I believe top rank footballers and there monies / attitudes are despicable in reflection of the achievement of such other lesser “paid” athletes I have mentioned which was the basis of my comment.

RichPenny
    Free Member

That’s a pretty poor attitude you have there Kryton57. Some footballers have poor attitudes. Some do not. All of them earn what the game they play dictates. This does not make them despicable people.

glupton1976
    Free Member

Cav earns £2.4m a year salary. Wiggins is on £1.5m, Froome will probably make around £3m in the next year.

Football isnt the only sport that pays successful people a lot of money.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

I’m sure Mo is doing just fine now that he takes the shilling from Branson. I wonder if the fire sale of Northern Rock, financed by the taxpayer, and about to make one shitload of money for him helps his advertising budget. I wonder if Mo cares.

johndoh
    Free Member

Kryton – why are any of the players from tonight’s games ‘louts’? Or did I not read The Sun for the last 12 months?

duckman

Both you and I know there will be zero talk about the result tomorrow.

No much need is there? The saturation coverage in the media will have it covered… 8)

gonefishin
    Free Member

Cav earns £2.4m a year salary. Wiggins is on £1.5m, Froome will probably make around £3m in the next year.

Football isnt the only sport that pays successful people a lot of money.

No, but it’s one of the few that pays unsuccessful people a lot of money.

gordimhor

Scotland played well got the tactics right .Still managed to give away two silly goals, we can expect to tighten up our defence. England played ok but also gave away silly goals.Aside from Wilshire and Walcott no one really got a grip of the game. England will play better with match practice. Does that count as talking about the game.?

Jamie
    Free Member

No, but it’s one of the few that pays unsuccessful people a lot of money.

I think the LTA might have form on this one…

RustySpanner

I genuinely enjoyed that game. 😀

Nice to have a bit of an edge to a friendly, great to see Scotland put in a decent, heartfelt performance and good to see some emerging talent.

The result was immaterial (but only because we won) – the manner in which the game was played was almost as important.

Good result for Norn Ireland too.

Smudger666

Ah, gordhimor, not really

The folk I was talking about are the ‘glory hunter’ brave heart wannabes who won’t actually say a word/care about the beautiful game, and are more interested in the bragging rights as a way of forgetting about the chip on their shoulder. You know, the ones who define themselves by their ‘hatred’ of the neighbour, rather than anything positive about themselves.

You sound like you enjoyed the game for the games sake 😉

gonefishin
    Free Member

The folk I was talking about are the ‘glory hunter’ brave heart wannabes who won’t actually say a word/care about the beautiful game, and are more interested in the bragging rights as a way of forgetting about the chip on their shoulder. You know, the ones who define themselves by their ‘hatred’ of the neighbour, rather than anything positive about themselves.

You know it’s not nice to talk about the English that way.

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 88 total)

The topic ‘England V Scotland (There will be spoilers from the outset)’ is closed to new replies.