Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • England rugby shirt?
  • ashfanman
    Free Member

Anyone know of any cheap places online to get an England rugby shirt? Don’t mind if it’s not this season’s. Ta.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

I believe these are going cheap…..

😉

federalski
    Free Member

No idea if they are the cheapest out there but Sportsdirect have a few.

wrecker
    Free Member

Rfu website?

ton

cotton traders?

ashfanman
    Free Member

I believe these are going cheap…..

Heh. I should have said I was looking for a normal, non-spandex, white cotton one. Like this:

Rfu website?

£50 🙁

No idea if they are the cheapest out there but Sportsdirect have a few.

Yeah, they have the 2011/12 shirt for £30 – cheapest I can find in the size I’d need (large). M&M have them for £20, in every size BUT large. Typical. (Link, for those that might be interested.)

JEngledow
    Free Member

Sorry for the slight hijack, but does anyone also know anywhere I can get a cheap Lions shirt?

Pigface
    Free Member

I met an old timer in New Zealand who made a good argument against replica shirts, basically if you haven’t been picked to play for your country you shouldn’t wear one. They should be sacrosanct. Fine to wear a training top or some other garment that shows your allegiance but not the shirt. I agree with him as well.

This doesn’t help you support england or find a shirt, sorry.

wrecker
    Free Member

Can we extend that to team cycling tops as well please?

ashfanman
    Free Member

I met an old timer in New Zealand who made a good argument against replica shirts, basically if you haven’t been picked to play for your country you shouldn’t wear one.

That is an argument. Not sure I’d agree that it’s a good one.

I’ll try to pop into town at the weekend. Thanks all.

sandal100

The current England shirt has two versions for sale, the cheaper one, £50, or the replica of what they play in. Tighter fitting cut to it and a very large area on the front to help grip the ball when carrying it/catching. That’s about £90 I believe but pretty rare in the shops. The cheaper does look like the actual one they wear but isn’t.

Should keep the old timer happy!

Kryton57

The tight fitting players shirts are the equivalent of wearing team sky kit on the road, no no no (especially if your belly stick out the bottom, and the ball carry area is only being used for holding your moobs in)

The difference in wearing the supporters shirt is the motivation that a sea of white provides at Twickers.

I only buy new shirts in World Cup years FWIW. My 2003 is still wrapped in plastic (unwashed, with celebratory beer stains ) upstairs. I’m convinced it’ll be worth a lot one day. 🙂

BristolPablo
    Free Member

The difference in wearing the supporters shirt is the motivation that a sea of white provides at Twickers.

I think you need to have a word with yourself….

Kryton57

BristolPablo – Member

I think you need to have a word with yourself….

Do you? Some players get quite a bit of motivation from having 60000 supporters in-house wearing the team strip and cheering them on, others don’t.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

“Twickers”

Oh dear.

Kryton57

CaptainFlashheart – Member
    “Twickers”

Oh dear.

I iz middle class, innit…

Scamper
    Free Member

A sea of replica shirts going back 20 years are an intergral part of matches as is the noise and do provide motivation to my team anyway. Massive flags, drums, stupid costumes, mascots and other artifical rubbish to create an `atmosphere’ etc at other grounds I can’t stand, but each to their own.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

😆

I’m not a fan of the following at rugby grounds;
    Booing
    Fireworks
    All that showbiz tosh such as the music after a try is scored

However, I do love me a bit of singing, look you!

DezB
    Free Member

I’ll say it for him:
    “Thanks peteimpreza”

ocrider

All that showbiz tosh such as the music after a try is scored

And the bull-fight trumpet call followed by the Olé, which make sense in some parts of southern France but not at the world cup in NZ.

Scamper
    Free Member

A couple of years ago at Kingsholm they tried to introduce music after Glaws scored a try, converted penalty etc. Very odd hearing the crowd boo when Glaws had just run in a bonus point try 😆

The atmos at Twickenham has been a bit iffy in recent years, but seems to be getting better.

mefty
    Free Member

I met an old timer in New Zealand who made a good argument against replica shirts, basically if you haven’t been picked to play for your country you shouldn’t wear one. They should be sacrosanct. Fine to wear a training top or some other garment that shows your allegiance but not the shirt. I agree with him as well.

I used to share this view but my mind was changed when I went to the 2003 World Cup. The thousands of England fans taking over the stadium miles away from home was pretty awe inspiring – so I bought one for the final as it seemed the right thing to do.

The Australians were so spooked that they were giving away free gold T Shirts to their supporters at the main station.

wrecker
    Free Member

Official shirts now on sport pursuit, in case you’re still looking.

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

The topic ‘England rugby shirt?’ is closed to new replies.