England barbarians?

Home Forum Bike Forum England barbarians?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • England barbarians?
  • Yes, place of birth only.

So, if an English/French/Nigerian/Whatever child is born in Fiji as their parents happen to be on holiday there, or are working there, that child is Fijian? Even if the child leaves Fiji after two hours?

Utter rot.

What passport would they need to get out of Fiji?

After watching latest world cup game, should we rename? From my observations a Kenyan,Samoan , kiwi,South African and Trinidad, maybe more, do we agree with this policy or my policy of place of birth end of.

Premier Icon Rusty Spanner
    Subscriber

I agree.

Never understood this transferable nationality nonsense.
    If you are born somewhere, that should be your nationality.

And I really don’t like people representing a country other than the one they were born in. Makes a mockery of the whole thing.

grum

See also the England cricket team. Doesn’t bother me personally.

Premier Icon theotherjonv
    Subscriber

in these days of globalisation, where people across nationalities often marry and then live and work in other countries, I think rules have to be pragmatic.

For me – country of your birth and that of your parents should be the options. But it should be a one time option and once you have represented your country at whatever level, that’s how it stays. No switching when you realise that just because you were a decent player at U15 level you won’t make the full grade so you switch to a lesser nation.

And qualification by virtue of 5 years residence or whatever it is. No.

Ryan Giggs chose Wales, but could have qualified for England.

There are a lot of variables.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘England barbarians?’ is closed to new replies.