• This topic has 15 replies, 13 voices, and was last updated 11 years ago by Aidy.
Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Energy companies – robbing barstewards
  • white101

Just got my annual assessment in from EDF energy.

Page 1

Dear sir we are putting your monthly dd up to £153pm (currently £134)
    This will be made up of:
    £36 for gas
    £40 for electric
    £42 for under payment gas
    £27 for under payment elec
    £8 for gas debt.

Page 2

you are currently £46.00 in credit.

So I reaches for the phone……

conversation goes a bit like this:

White101: WHY?????
    EDF: Well we estimate that your costs for next year will be £1665 which works out at £139pm, however at this stage of the year we think your credit is low at £46 and you should be in more credit.
    White101: How about I give you £140 pm and I’ll keep the credit in my bank not yours?
    EDF: yes sir that’ll be fine, I’ll change it now
    White101: Ok then how come I’m only paying £76 for gas and elec where does the rest of the £64 bill come from?
    EDF: standing charges sir.
    White101: Doesnt mention them on the bill here!
    EDF: well it should.
    White 101: No sh!t sherlock!!!

check your bills people

FYI we live in a 3 bed semi, 2 big ins and 1 teen, all walls insulated, loft done (both in the last 3 months) all argon filled glazing.

molgrips
    Free Member

That sounds shockingly expensive.

Our 3 bed semi is about £30 gas and £20 electric.

white101

tell me about it….currently on comparison sites

stevewhyte
    Free Member

I whatever molegrips. Sound like BS to me, you not thinking of 1972 prices.

owenfackrell
    Free Member

We are currently paying £80 for our gas and electricity. thats in a 4 bed room semi made up of a 1901 cottage with a mondern extension. so half the house is still to orignal specs so the insulation is not the best. Yours sound horendusly expensive. We are with utillity warehouse.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

I whatever molegrips. Sound like BS to me, you not thinking of 1972 prices.

We have a 1950s 3 bed semi. We’ve just dropped our DD to £65 a month (combined) because at £85 we’d amassed a £400+ credit.
    I think we may need to drop a bit more TBH.

It’s quite easy to do, isn’t it Molgrips? 🙂

djglover
    Free Member

Your payment scheme is designed to be in credit going into winter, as usage in the winter is several times higher than summer…

But getting customers to understand this is sometimes difficult

trail_rat
    Free Member

“I whatever molegrips. Sound like BS to me, you not thinking of 1972 prices. “

dont see why – my leckie is 40 quid per quarter….and they take 40 quid a month – looking forward to the refund !

glupton1976
    Free Member

T_R – you sure your leccy is £40 for 3 months? Are neither of you ever in?

trail_rat
    Free Member

well we do work. out the house from 7 till 6 every day then out doing stuff at the weekend….on oil for boiler.

mark90
    Free Member

1960’s 3 bed semi, cavity walls insulated, loft insulated but not to 300mm, more like 1/2 that and boarded, 10-15yr old back boiler. £60 pm for gas and electric. That’s with me working from home year round.

br
    Free Member

Eh? Are you never there, or just tapping into next door?

duckman

Eh? Are you never there, or just tapping into next door?

Knowing where he lives he will have a genny running off red diesel… 😉

molgrips
    Free Member

It’s a new build house, we added craploads of loft insulation. Also heave curtains, and thin fabric second curtains in living room and kitchen to draw on cold days. A curtain on the door too, but possibly a bit contributor is the fact it’s a three storey house and the living room is ob the middle floor. Downstairs gets cold, but the living room is fine. In fact it’s that well insulated that the tv, playstation and two well fed adults is enough to make the living room too hot without the rads giving out any heat. Often need the door open.

project
    Free Member

When you ring them again, ask who owns them, and if they say the gemans,french etc, just ask how much tax in the uk they pay and how much of the excessive profits they make is kept in the uk.

I did , and was accused of being racist.

Aidy
    Free Member

£64pm on standing charges? I think that’s more than I pay in total.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Energy companies – robbing barstewards’ is closed to new replies.