Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Enduro1 Enduros
  • 06awjudd
    Free Member

I’m already ridiculously excited about my first Grav Enduro. It’ll be the Aston Hill Enduro1 race.
    However, I have absolutely no idea what to expect – in terms of fitness especially, but also in terms of riding ability required.

What would you say is a benchmark in terms of both? (well known trails etc.)
    I only ask, because for Aston they are omitting the Sport class, meaning I’ll be in the competitive class, and I really really really don’t want a DNF, which is possible given that it has much tighter timings!

Cheers!

06awjudd
    Free Member

BUMP

kimbers

well did the series last year and am at forest of dean in a couple of weeks (and aston one)

last year my 1st race was sport and 2nd was competitive and didnt really notice much difference in transition times!
    so I wouldnt worry too much about that, you dont have to be super fit

have you ridden aston b4?
    its not that big a venue so im guessing they will be sending us down (some/all?) of the DH runs and the xc too
    so steep and short they will probably throw in a climb too? so steep and hard too!

best advice i can give is get to aston for the day and ride the xc loop and the dh runs, although im not 100% sure they will use 423 and black run as they are quite steep? but I hear the 1st round this year was very hard going so not entirely sure

06awjudd
    Free Member

Haven’t been to Aston before, but meaning to have a look and ride the DH.
    Yeah, I’ve heard the Quantocks was really very difficult too.

So annoying, I would have loved to have done FoD as it is my local trail center, and I know the trails reasonably well, but oh well!

yeah, I’m guessing if they link up the DH runs, the uphills will probably be very steep indeed.

kimbers

definately get down to aston,be warned in the wet youll be wanting mud tyres and some confidence

06awjudd
    Free Member

I’ve got high rollers which are okay in the mud (ish), and most of the stuff there looks okay, as you said, the black looks quite steep in places though!

boxxer7
    Free Member

Aston in the wet is always interesting! I’m looking forward too the FOD round, I’ve seen they aren’t doing a sport class for Aston so you never know the black might be in there!

roddi18
    Free Member

I’m pretty sure that i am right in saying that Aston has limited entries and they will be offered to those who have done all the other rounds before everyone else get’s a chance to book

Taz

I have done 3 of these now as well as the POC enduro at Tweedlove 2 weekends ago.

The POC event was more serious, better organised and much tougher physically. Technically it was no tougher in fact probably a bit easier, certainly than the Quantocks Enduro 1

The Enduro 1 events have all been very different between the 3 venues. However physically none of them have been over demanding. ie if you are reasonably fit and can do a 3 – 4 hour steady ride fitness will not be a problem even in Comp class.

Technically

The FoD last year was not overly challenging. A competent trail center red run type rider would have been fine

The Tidworth event was a real mix. Couple of XC type sections and a couple of short proper DH runs with big jumps & drops (all with chicken runs)

The Quantocks was very technically challenging. Weather did not help but pretty much everyone found stages 3 and 4 very, very tough technically

All of the events have been great fun and very laid back 🙂

Not sure that helps?

scottfitz
    Free Member

I like the Enduro1 races very easy to have some fun.
    I have done a couple now.
    2011 race at Caesars Camp, Aldershot. (in my team) 2nd place
    2012 Tidworth (in kimbers team) 3rd
    2012 Swinley (in my team) 1nd place
    2013 FoD on 16th (in my team)

Just turn up, don’t take it to seriously and have some fun. See how you get on.

Kimbers you solo or stoned fish team?

kimbers

solo this time could only get me and aidan to do it , see you in a couple of weeks!

scottfitz
    Free Member

See you then mate, I’m really looking fordward to this one 😀

paul123
    Free Member

I’m doing FoD next weekend and hoping to do Swinley and Aston. When you guys say you’re doing Aston I assume you haven’t entered yet as I thought entries only open 60 days before the race. Having said that the FoD entries opened before the 60 day mark!!

06awjudd
    Free Member

Sounds like fitness should be (too) much of a problem. I’ll sign up and see how I do 🙂

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Enduro1 Enduros’ is closed to new replies.