Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Enduro wobbly wheel
  • sailor74
    Free Member

Have just noticed that the front wheel on my 2008 specialized enduro expert is a bit wobbly, the whole wheel seems to be wobbling around on the front axel, I am guessing i will probably need a new hub? The centre part of the hub seems fine its the two outer bits one on each side that seem very loose. Is this a common problem? The bike has hardly done any miles.

plecostomus
    Free Member

the front hub bearings arent to good (ive replaced loads cant remember the bearing code of the top of my head) they most likely need replacing, the bearings will come out very easily pull off the black shoulders, drift out bearings and the silver spacing tube will come out too, replace with same bearings replace shoulders and go ride.

GNARGNAR
    Free Member

As above. Common problem, easily fixed. Spesh oem hubs are very prone to this.

sailor74
    Free Member

thanks
    managed to get one of the shoulders off but looks like i will have to remove the front disk to get the other one off, whats the easiest way to get the bearings out?

thanks in advance

plecostomus
    Free Member

yes rotor will need to be removed,
    drift them out with a steel bar/rod if it comes to it a screw driver but beware not to mark the inner hub shell, there will be the need for you to put your desired tool into the hub first and lever the spacer tube out of centre to allow you to access one edge of the bearing to drift it out.there will also be a rubber o ring mounted on the spacer tube.putting the new ones in you can put a bit of grease inside where they sit and use the shoulders to push them back in or hammer in using a nylon mallet banging onto the shoulder or standard hammer and a block of wood. one side first and then the spacer tube then do the other side.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Enduro wobbly wheel’ is closed to new replies.