Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 45 total)
  • Enduro riding tips and advice
  • richmtbguru
    Free Member

So the year is shortly coming to an end, but before it does I’d like to go through a few questions I often get asked by some of my clients… At what point in mountain biking do we ask ourselves when do we need advice concerning our riding? Should we feel embarrassed asking for advice? My answer to these questions is absolutely not! I see professional clients as well as the young beginner, I’m able to put you in the right discipline of mountain biking that your looking for wether it be the new up and coming and getting more and more popular enduro riding or the mental challenge of a XC race I have always delivered the magic that riders have asked for, you could say it’s like giving them an overdose of mojo they may have been lacking before.
    Ok, so I’d like to start with the ever growing more popular enduro style that I see more of my clients asking about, I’ve never been as excited with mountain biking since the new enduro style came along, basically covering a wide range of mountain biking skills from climbing challenging hills to descending extremely technical descents! This style of mountain biking is the main one I get asked about as to how riders can improve, it’s a mindset and to get it right takes a positive approach, starting with visual exercises after passing my level one course which concentrates on a confidence key element. One thing I always ensure my clients do before taking my level one course is to wear the correct and appropriate clothing and protection, especially the correct helmet which I highly recommend the new met parachute

http://m.pinkbike.com/news/Preview-MET-2014-Helmets.html

Excellent full protective helmet which covers the entire head and yet such lightness near to the weight of a professions level xc helmet, a perfect helmet for the dedicated enduro rider, maybe not as nice looking as the old version but still a more than competent performer.
    Ok, as its new years eve and I have a meeting in approximately 1 hour I’m going to have to leave you all but I promise you and all my regulars I’ll continue this hopefully next week, until then enjoy your night and happy New year, and remember always wear protection. 🙂

kimbers

thats a special newyears gift youve given us all rich

philbert31
    Free Member

Wtf

Rorschach
    Free Member

Jeffus
    Free Member

On the Port already , not even midnight 🙄

colournoise

Speechless.

wiggles
    Free Member

schmiken

Rich, I’m super pumped for your upcoming book you mentioned in a previous thread, when’s that due out and where can I buy it?

BoardinBob

maxtorque

no idea why, but i fancy buying a new helmet in 2014……… 😉

hexhamstu
    Free Member

Wow.

Hopk1ns
    Free Member

I like it when a troll is so desperate for attention that they over do it and just look sad.

andyrm
    Free Member

Hmmmmm bizarre.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

JCL
    Free Member

Hey Rich,

On your way to the paint can you see if the saxophone is ready for milking? I’m sick of these hairs getting mixed up in the grass.

Karl33to
    Free Member

Paragraphs, that’s what you need, more paragraphs!

rickon
    Free Member

I love it when people recommend kit, its usually because they’re:

A) sponsored by the manufacturer
    B) just bought it and need to justify their purchase

Either way, it means I’m not going to buy anything anyone recommends to me in a forum original post, or Facebook ‘look at me’ posts.

wiggles
    Free Member

Especially something not out yet.

cynic-al
    Free Member

3/10 trolling, you’ve fooled a few tho.

richmtbguru
    Free Member

rickon – Member 
    I love it when people recommend kit, its usually because they’re:

A) sponsored by the manufacturer
    B) just bought it and need to justify their purchase

Either way, it means I’m not going to buy anything anyone recommends to me in a forum original post, or Facebook ‘look at me’ posts.

POSTED 14 HOURS AGO #

To be honest with you rickon, I am sponsored quite heavily but not with met, I have a Fox flux helmet which is more of a ‘all mountain’ helmet where as the met parachute I would say it’s more toward the enduro side of mountain biking, and as this week I’ve been talking and discussing enduro with my clients I thought it relevant in this thread hence the post, I wish people on here could take this more seriously rather than try insult. 🙄

alpin
    Free Member

all hail… richmtbguru….

i met a guy named Rich last year. he was a right ****. not sure if it is the same rich, but you never know.

boriselbrus
    Free Member

Ok, I’ll bite as I’m bored…

So rather than recommending a helmet which fits correctly you would go straight for a specific brand and model?

What other rubbish advice do you have for your clients? 🙂

robarnold
    Free Member

I think it’s fair to say that this marketing ploy has somewhat backfired

robarnold
    Free Member

Oh, and In my experience, only ‘tards wear MET Parachutes

Rorschach
    Free Member

GEDA
    Free Member

Hi Rich. I think you need to go on a skills course to improve your business a bit. You should make a website with some testimonials and videos with people saying how great your courses are. Or you could do a video blog like Jedi’s, or just link to Jedi’s and call it your own. For 2014 it would be great to up your game as it is a shame when things get stale.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

To be honest with you rickon, I am sponsored quite heavily

You are like…..amazing….dude

rickon
    Free Member

Come on Rich, you got to expect ribbing for posting something like that.

Maybe writing and communication aren’t your string points, and riding really is, but your post isn’t very well written, so isnt easily consumed by the reader.

I’ll re-write it how you probably meant to write it, so you can see the difference 🙂

rickon
    Free Member

—-

Hi everyone,

Now we’re at the end of the year, I’d like to share some good advice I’ve been passing out, over the past 12 months, to people I’ve worked with, in the spirit of the season 🙂

People generally don’t feel that skills coaching is ‘for them’, and in so just don’t bother going to see a coach. I would highly reccommend this to anyone, from beginner to pro, I offer a service covering the plethora of skillsets required to enjoy, and improve your riding.

One of the big areas of riding which has exploded this year is Enduro Racing, I spend a good amount of time with my clients addressing the key facets of this – confident, skill etc, but one of the things most people seem to ignore is correct protection and clothing.

Before my clients take their level 1 course, I always ensure they wear appropriate clothing and protection; especially for me this the key element is a correct helmet (you really want to keep that handsome smile, don’t you?.

Now I know this is a controversial topic, and a highly personal one – but I’d like to pass on my personal choice – based on my years of experience racing, riding and coaching: The new Met Parachute….

It’s an excellent full protective helmet which covers the entire head but is still very light, so a perfect helmet for the dedicated enduro rider, maybe not as nice looking as the old version but still a more than competent performer.

I’d like to say I am a sponsored rider, but not by Met – so have no reason to promote the helmet, other than I think it’s ace.

If you’d like to have a chat about how you can improve your skills, drop me an email, or give me a call – I’d be happy to help, but until then enjoy your night and happy New year, and remember always wear protection 😉

rickon
    Free Member

^^^ my edit of your post, in the spirit of the season 🙂 I’m sure this is what you were trying to convey.

Although, everyone – please note, my words do not necessarily represent the views of Richmtbguru, and no warranty is given for incorrect statements given.

🙂

Maybe writing and communication aren’t your string points

Lol. Maybe they’re not mine either 😉

nickc

I really want to know who’s sock puppet he is. 😆

never mind the quantity, feel the workmanship…we’re in the presence of some-one truly artful.

peter1979
    Free Member

Leave Britney alone!

leebaxter
    Free Member

I think for uk enduro racing the Met helmet could be the business, not at that price though, and replacable chin guards at a reasonable cost. I wonder if quick release chin guards could be used for long transitions?.
    To many people using xc lids for my liking in the uk, it is only a matter of time before somebody gets killed in my opinion. Dh speeds, on dh tracks, plus xc helmets = injury.

RoganJosh
    Free Member

I’m not taking any advice of someone who recommend a met parachute! Do you recommend we carry our notepads in our bumbags while on your course?

unknown
    Free Member

If rich is real he’s a douche. If he’s someone’s trolling alter-ego they’re a douche. Either way, a douche is involved here.

kimbers

enduro world series was won on 26(mens) 29(womens) 650b(juniors)
    even the mens xc was won on 650b

terrible trolling OP

richmtbguru
    Free Member

rickon – Member 
    ^^^ my edit of your post, in the spirit of the season I’m sure this is what you were trying to convey.

Although, everyone – please note, my words do not necessarily represent the views of Richmtbguru, and no warranty is given for incorrect statements given.

Maybe writing and communication aren’t your string points
    Lol. Maybe they’re not mine either

POSTED 7 HOURS AGO # REPORT-POST

Hehe, yes, maybe they aren’t yours either! 😉
    Nevertheless thanks for taking the time and trying to help make my point a bit clearer.
    As I say, I’m not sponsored by met just yet, but I do believe in the safety of my clients and any other mountain bike rider for that matter and I believe the met parachute would be a tremendous contender for enduro riders and maybe even ‘adventure’ riders.

Rorschach
    Free Member

Must
    resist
    temptation
    overwhelming
    meltdown
    imminent

Northwind

Might I suggest a trolling course? You’ve done very well so far on your natural abilities but as you’re finding that does tend to run out sooner or later, and that’s when it’s helpful to seek professional assistance- it might help you get over your current dry patch.

crosshair
    Free Member

If there was a poll, I’d vote Richmtbguru ‘poster of the year 2013’.

I don’t care if you’re real or not- in a forum where people take themselves fairly seriously at times- you make me smile anyway 😉 😀

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 45 total)

The topic ‘Enduro riding tips and advice’ is closed to new replies.