Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 80 total)
  • Enduro Racing 2023, who’s doing what ?
  • weeksy

So who’s racing Enduro this year then and what are you racing in and what are you riding on ?

We’re still waiting for some dates to be released from Pearce DH events before we can book anything with confidence. But we’re planning on both me and the lad hitting some Southern Enduro events, along with possibly some Western Bike Events in Wales (although they’re not selling many spaces it seems), potentially a Haibike event if possible.

Due to locations, we don’t forsee any PMBA and neither of us can be bothered with the Pedalhounds.

He’ll be racing on his Privateer 141 and i’ll be on the RM Slayer.

mark88
    bigfoot
    Free Member

all 3 tweedlove races, pmba at ae, isle of man, ard rock and the naughty northumbrian booked so far.

will do the pmba at graythwaite if it goes ahead as it’s only about 5 miles from me. was also hoping to do some scottish enduro rounds but nothing announced yet, is it even going to happen this year?

Northwind

Off to Kinlochleven for the tweedlove race there- it won’t be the same as the proper november Dudes enduro with its… what’s the word… ah yeah, absolute ****ing madness but it should still be great, as long as they hold their nerve and do a proper route.I’ve got pretty unfit since I burst my arm so it’s good to have a bit of a target, right now I’d struggle to do any decent route let alone race it in good form so there’s a ways to go.

I think that’ll be it, though.

whatyadoinsucka
    Free Member

pmba ae / tweedlove valluja / ardrock / boltby for me,
    really fancied iom 2 day, but dates dont work

hopefully graithwaite pmba, tickets out next month

anyone ridden the dyfi welsh enduro, how tough is it? watch a few vids and it looks to be steep woodland, rather than the bigger stuff the kids ride on insta

v7fmp

Ard Rock and Southern Enduro champs booked so far.

Going to try and get onto the Ex-Enduro too.

Doesnt look like i will have the funds to go abroad for a riding holiday this year, so going to try and do a few UK based events.

weeksy

Going to try and get onto the Ex-Enduro too.

I looked at that, but it wasn’t all at the weekend and was pretty fruity on price.

mark88

@bigfoot is that a Naughty Northumbrian entry rolled over from a previous year?

anyone ridden the dyfi welsh enduro, how tough is it? watch a few vids and it looks to be steep woodland, rather than the bigger stuff the kids ride on insta

Different place. The big stuff you’re referring to is in the bike park, not the forest.

whatyadoinsucka
    Free Member

thanks @mark88 cheers for clearing up, assumed same place.
    4 stages 7-8 mins of racing, are they all similiar stages

molineux1980
    Free Member

I’ve only got Ard Rock Sport booked so far.

Did the Welsh Enduro series last year and loved it, but funds are tight, need to get January out of the way, but i’ll look at Western Events and maybe Haibike.

I’m not paticularly quick, but really enjoyed riding new places, so aiming for stuff I haven’t done before.

bigfoot
    Free Member

@mark88 no, never done it before but as there’s still no news on the scottish series a few of us decided to book it at the weekend.

mark88

Thanks @bigfoot. Missed them opening

smogmonster

Ardrock – full enduro Saturday then on the ebike for the Sunday shorter one. Boltby. Also doing Dirty Reiver (i know not an Enduro but still). Hope to squeeze in a couple of Tweedlove, depends on whether my back has recovered (they all do), not to mention my bank account. I’ll be trying for ArdMoors too when it opens. Possibly the Yorkshire Pudding in March too.

weeksy

Just entered me and the lad for the first round of Southern Enduro at Newnham Park. Can’t wait 😀

Jordan

PMBA Gisburn, Ard Rock and Boltby. Same as last year but after I spannered myself at Gisburn I was out of action for the rest of the year and couldn’t do the others. Hopefully do better this year 🙂

dirkpitt74

Thinking of doing a couple of the Welsh Enduro Series rounds this year – didn’t do any last year.

sturdylad
    Free Member

Boltby planned for me again this year.
    Don’t really race anything anymore mostly going for craic!
    Bound to get a bit competitive between a few of us going from work though!

kimbers

Just signed up for the 2 day Welsh enduro BNES @ dyfi

Stoked, as they say

weeksy

Just signed up for the 2 day Welsh enduro BNES @ dyfi

Nice…. Just debating on that one at the moment, want to get this weekend out of the way first and then will be on the case potentially.
    I doubt i’d see much of you though 😀

kimbers

I’m slow as!

Was looking at IOM 2 day enduro too but I’ve just seen the price of the ferry! £550 return 😱

mark88

Was looking at IOM 2 day enduro too but I’ve just seen the price of the ferry! £550 return

What vehicle? A small van + 1 passenger is £275 return.

Make sure you use steam-packet.com, not a booking agency

kimbers

This was steam packet, 1 zafira + bike racks & family of 6 Friday to Sunday

mark88

6 people is a pretty significant piece of information that was missing in previous post

bigfoot
    Free Member

haven’t booked it yet but phoned for a price last week and a transit custom with 2 passengers was £327 return, don’t get the online discount for vans as you have to phone to book a van on.

booked a holiday cottage for 6 nights and taking the wife with me to make the most of the ferry costs, i’m sure she’ll find something to do when i’m on the bike, not going to get that much practice in though.

weeksy

Southern Enduro Milland is released on Sat. I’m booking both me and the boy on.

Booked him for Minehead last night for Champs

weeksy

Entered Milland for both of us.

desperatebicycle

Anyone doing Tidworth next month?
    (April 19)
    My wheel wrecking son and his Uni riding club are racing apparently. Expect carnage.

StuE
    Free Member

Still time to enter Sundays Birdsal blast

Home

weeksy

I entered the Haibike at bpw on 22nd march.

HobNob
    Free Member

I’m skiving off work & doing the Mini Enduro at BPW in a couple of weeks. Need to do some actual races before Tweedlove in April, as I’ve forgotten how to do it.

tetrode
    Free Member

Off to Western Bike Events round 2 on sunday. Going to be wet and steep, should be good fun!

mrhoppy

weeksy

I entered the Haibike at bpw on 22nd march.

I was looking at that, I’ve got to take some leave before the end of the month. Just wish there was some clue on stages to get a gauge.

weeksy

I can tell you last year’s

Roots Manoeuvres

Vicious valley into Bluebell

Surfing bird into Snakebite.

mrhoppy

Ta Weeksy, might have to give that a go then.

weeksy

I didn’t ride it as my lad broke his foot the weekend before. But a few mates did. I asked them.

kimbers

Got a spot on the Tweedlove International

Better start getting some riding in!

weeksy

Few days rest after todays ride.

Weds is BPW for Haibike Enduro and then next weekend is the first Southern Enduro of the year at Newnham Park.

weeksy

@mrhoppy

Haibike now showing the trails for weds.

Pandoras rocks, wibbly wobbly, hot stepper, then a top to bottom run melted Welly, Groot, surfin bits, bluebelle, norkle.

Akers

Just signed up for the Hurtwood Enduro near Peaslake in July.
    5 tracks “are being designed and built” for the event, should be good fun! 😁

thegman67

Dunkeld Enduro for me on my Mega. Two days riding so it’s going to be brutal.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 80 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.