Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Enduro Racing
  • flange
    Free Member

How do

Mindful that I’m not getting any younger (or fitter) I want to have a good stab at racing before giving up completely. I’ve raced a fair bit of XC previously but I want to have a crack at Enduro’s. I’ve currently got a shoulder injury that I’m dealing with and along with Corona I’m not expecting to be racing this year.

However next year I’d love to be able to do a couple of races and train specifically for them. Corona impact aside, is there a UK series any more or is it just ‘Ard Rock and similar left? I realise UK Enduro series stopped/went under so just wondering what is left that I can focus my training on for next year?

qwerty
    Free Member
    nedrapier

Southern Enduro. Only done one but it was good fun, well run.

seanr
    Free Member

Corona has killed racing this year but a british series started again under BNES and was a collection of events ran by different organisers.

Few different series which seem to fit location and with a few odd events such as Ard Rock seems to be the norm.

squirrelking
    Free Member

There’s the Hope series as well.

moonsaballoon

The national series is now 3 races from different organisers. Pmba does a full series and a few down south

Depends where your based and how hard/technical stages your looking for as some are more full on than others.

I race about 5 events a year, I’m rubbish but I love doing it and it keeps me riding and trying to get fitter in the winter.

Hob-Nob
    Free Member

Minis, Southerns, PMBA, Welsh, WGES, probably a few more up north too. The nationals should be back by then too, which piggyback off regional series events.

flange
    Free Member

Thanks all – will get looking and seeing what I can book.

@Hob
    Nob – if you don’t mind me asking, do you tend to camp or B&B it?

halifaxpete

Boltby Bash is great fun, top trails and a nice chilled out vibe to it (Not too big and all the better for it IMO)

Yak

Bookmarked.
    I was going to do the same this year. My plan was to start on the mash-up ones, locals then southern enduro – if I felt quick enough .

Next year- bring it!

scottfitz
    Free Member

To start with where are you based? Start local there are loads of good regional series, then move on to the national series (BNES) also have camping and are professional run.

flange
    Free Member

Hi Scott

Well I’m currently in Suffolk and I’m pretty certain there aren’t many out here! However I’m due to move back to Tunbridge wells shortly so whilst still not a haven for MTB, it’s a bit closer to most things.

scottfitz
    Free Member

Tunbridge wells is just up the road (20mins) from the Southern Enduro at Pippingford park in Oct. That one is a good one to start on before bigger ones in 2021

flange
    Free Member

Excellent – will look to see if they have any spaces left and get booked in!

scottfitz
    Free Member

It’s not on sale yet, full disclosure I run Southern Enduro 😉

flange
    Free Member

It’s not! Checked earlier and could’nt understand why I couldn’t book it!

scottfitz
    Free Member

@flange

Its on sale now here is the LINK

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Enduro Racing’ is closed to new replies.