• This topic has 14 replies, 12 voices, and was last updated 10 years ago by ton.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Enduro events on a hardtail?
  • ton

if you have, which bike.
    and did you die?

looking for a new mtb, 1st one for a few years, and I don’t think I need a full sus bike nowadays.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

I rode my Bfe @ the one in Swaledale, the Ardrock. I even overtook someone on a carbon Bronson. I was awesome that day*.

*Pish. the guy clearly had more money than sense!.

Edit – in answer to your point about buying one, I’m going back to riding a Soul, the Bfe is a bit stiff for all day riding, I miss the flex of the Souls rear end. And they’re 375 quid atm!.

Karl33to
    Free Member

Rode my Shan at the FOD mini enduro and I didn’t die, was good fun actually.

Northwind

I’ll be using my Ragley at the weekend at innerleithen… I am unlikely to die, though I’ll place even further down than usual. Used it in the UKGE as well but that doesn’t really count as my forks blew up halfway round (ironically everyone seemed to think it’d be bad at the downhill stages but I most missed the suspension on the horrendous pedal stage)

Having said that, there’s no way I’d have chosen it for the dudes enduro the other week, that’s full suss terrain IMO.

Trekster
    eskay

I’ve got a bog standard 2009 Rockhopper and have ridden loads of enduros on it. Quite often pass people on 3k bikes!

molgrips
    Free Member

FFS you jessie. FS adds a bit of comfort and a bit of capability in extreme circumstances. It’s not that important for anything.

br
    Free Member

I know my buddy has entered the w/e Innerleithen on his 100mm 29er HT; they’ll be a load of big FS’s a lot slower than him 🙂

ton

molly, I aint been offroad for 2yrs……I have got soft 😆

Northwind

Trekster – Member

Callum. 20th on a borrowed Blue Pig

Think I chatted to him on one of the climbs. Was that your pig?

Want to bet money he couldn’t have done better on the de rigeur orange five? 😉 (Jesse Wigman did well, he’s well known for racing the endurance dh on a hardtail then a rigid but he was on a bouncer)

scandal42
    Free Member

Hoping to enter a few Enduro events on my 456 carbon next year, I think she’ll eat them up, I on the other hand won’t.

stevemakin

Solaris

Gotama
    Free Member

Done a few. Canfield yelli screamy. You’ll be fine.

jimmy

I would get a dialled Alpine and am indeed tempted to buy one for that reason. They’re no XC racer but great fun.

edit: oooh

http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/dialled-alpine-mk2-18-pics

ton

been having a look, and fancy a singular buzzard.
    I can always slick it up and use it for touring then as well.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Enduro events on a hardtail?’ is closed to new replies.