Viewing 39 posts - 41 through 79 (of 79 total)
  • Enduro-1 Race 2…….
  • scottfitz
    Free Member

I wound be up for some mini DH race there, only 1h12mins drive. yep not the easyest push up but all push ups are hard 🙁

chiefgrooveguru

Kimbers, I have it on good authority that the mud was already there before we starting chatting about how surprisingly dry it seemed to be, it’s not our fault! It’s a shame the times take a while to sort out but at least I have a vague idea in the meantime thanks to Strava. Those berms were perfect – god knows how fast you could ride them if you knew them. At least with this round I haven’t gone in with unrealistic expectations of my speed – I got owned by the like of Mr Bolton last time (also on a hardtail) so now I’m just hoping to edge up the field a bit. I’d forgotten how boring pushing up on your own is – bloody teammates not waiting for me – ending pedalling up half of it instead. And finally it was nice to see some photographers on the course, I have no visual evidence of round 1.

markhw
    Free Member

I thought it was a great event again; I had no issues with the course marking you have to look ahead not down, as for the 3 downhill sections they were pretty tame and had chicken runs around all the drops, riding blind adds to the fun, I have also rode Steve Parr enduro’s which are 2 day events you get to practise on the Saturday Then do a seeding run that sorts the running order out of each category for the Sunday, The stages are longer and a lot more technical, Both events are great and they will get bigger and better next year. Much more fun than riding around a field for 12 hours?

xterramac
    Free Member

Deffo a lot more fun than riding round a field for 12hrs and i would personally say more enjoyable than an off road endurance ride, eg crc 25/50/100km series….
    Not sure how to perpare for riding blind into decents, other than going off and riding blind into decents, hummm could end quite badly i think…..

chiefgrooveguru

For the FoD round I stuck some white tape on my bars and wrote ‘look way ahead!’ and ‘get low and flow’ on it. Wish I’d kept those motivational messages on there, despite the difficulty in seeing way ahead on some sections however hard you looked!

Hopefully it’ll prove a successful and growing format, it’s so much more like a good ride with added pressure/excitement/competition than a grind yourself into the ground with pain XC race.

treemagnet
    Free Member

That was my first attempt at enduro, not competed since downhill days over 10 years ago.
    For the first few stages I was thinking this isn`t much fun but the downhill stuff and the trialsy bit made up for it.
    I actually enjoyed the muddy section through the woods, pretty funny sliding all over the place, laughing at your mate as he slipped into another deep rut, only to do the same. 😀
    Some of the linking up went on for what seemed an age, especially getting to the last one, definitely wasn`t prepared for so much xc stuff.
    Totally knackered at the end, but really enjoyed the whole experience.
    Good to chat and ride and get to know people.
    Would like to do another.

Buzzlightyear
    Free Member

Its a shame it wasnt a touch on the FOD one but as mbnut says it never was going to be.

I was dissapointed with the 3 DH sections, personally thought they failed to test the endurance of a rider, they were far to short and physically undemanding which is what a gravity enduro should be. For example some of the transition stages could have been used in the race. Stage 3 could have continued up past the skill climb stage up onto that wonderful little section down the open hill, that would have been a longer more demanding stage. If we had been able to pre walk the DH runs then we would have been able to push that bit harder on them making it more physical, riding them blind you just couldnt do this with the doubles and drops on them which also made the flow dissapear and enjoyment with it.

Saying that it was a good fun with some fantastic people and i definately would do it again. Looking forward to the next one.

Taz

Anyone know what type of riding can be expected at Aldershot?

scottfitz
    Free Member

Anyone know what type of riding can be expected at Aldershot?

Yep did the event there last year, its alot like swinley. sandy, singletrack in pine trees. some section were in heath land. nothing that steep but good flowy trails.

Any other questions?

DrP

I find the ‘enduro’ races a format that I really enjoy – the banter/ability to chat on the linking sections makes them seem like a ‘good old ride’ rather than a race, with the heat put on for the timed sections.
    They seem much more social out on the trails, as opposed to XC races/endurances being social ‘in the pits’ – if you see what I mean?

I too felt that some of the linking sections were ‘better’ that the special stages (stage 8 was a bit ‘meh’), but TBH i think i rode them just as fast (read;slow) as the timed stage, and enjoyed them just as much too!

I’m keen to do some of the other Enduro series – it’s just getting the time to fit them in!!

DrP

Graham_Clark

As Markhw, I have ridden one of Steve Parr’s events too (Fetish Enduro Rd 2 @ CyB)and it was much more physically demanding (apart from being nearly hypothermic by the end!)
    I feel that there is a place for both events in the scheme of things. This one would be better for the first time racer, whereas the Fetish Enduro could suit anyone. The Saturday practice is useful so you know what is round the next bend, but with stages upto 8 minutes long, it was still very easy to forget. Also the seeding run was fun (despite snapping off my rear mech and running a large part of it!) and starting only 20 seconds apart meant you could occaisionally see the rider in front giving you that extra boost.
    I agess also with the marking of the course, but I only found it confusing on stage 5 where the logical line (and some old tape) leads you one way, whereas the newer tape leads you another…
    That being said a great day and being able to be done for lunch was a bonus. As I’m not in contention for a prize, etc. I don’t mind waiting for the results, but for the boys and girls going for the win a few days wait would seem to be a shame…

Taz

Thanks Scott

So more like stages 1,3 & 8 from Salisbury?

Never ridden at Swinley so cannot use that as a reference.

Daft question is Swinley forest where the race is held? Was actually hoping to meet up with a mate from London and he suggested Swinley as a ‘half way’ point. Could be a good recce ride

scottfitz
    Free Member

Swinley forest where the race is held

no but worth a ride.

1 & 8 no.

2 & 3 yes.

its here: http://binged.it/NG9XPN

Taz

Cheers Scott

Will get myself signed up then 🙂

Neil_Bolton
    Free Member

Results are up: http://www.enduro1.co.uk/userfiles/files/Tidworth__Competitors_Log_Results_V1_0.pdf

Spent the first few minutes wondering how the hell I was a minute down on the fastest on Stage 1 until I twigged that I’d got sent the wrong way on the bomb hole and lost loads of time; in the region on 30 seconds or so. That and the same thing on that ruddy berm on Stage 3!

All in all however, I’m pleased with 21st in Comp out of 70 ish – especially considering all that time lost on those two stages – shows I’m not over the hill yet and the riding legs are returning slowly.

Maybe perhaps I might even come back next year even fitter and properly challenge the top boys…

chiefgrooveguru

I wonder what happened to Stage 2?

Neil_Bolton
    Free Member

Ssssssh.

😉

chiefgrooveguru

I did dab twice but I didn’t land on my head (like the three riders after me!) 😉 Pretty pleased to have ended up in the middle of the pack (compared to 3/4 of the way down last race) despite time lost in mincetastic confusion at a few of the larger features.

Hob-Nob
    Free Member

Quite pleased with that, although I was 2nd in sport, I had a time that would have put me in 13th in competitive, all with a flat on the first stage & an impromptu lay down on the last one after getting an impressive tank slapper coming out of the flat muddy puddle.

I think they cost me about a minute, which is frustrating, as that was top 5 territory.

Might have to do the next one now!

p7rich
    Free Member

Guru – Stage 2 explanation from the site:

“Full race report to follow tomorrow but read this first.

Sorry, stage two has not been counted although we will publish them in a couple of day’s time just so you can compare. The Army lads did a great job but unfortunately did not manage to control you well enough to place you in a start position after you had dabbed. Lack of time to train them to blame so not their fault and also it does not alter the standings as the leaders all went clear. The clears and one or two dab people will be correct but the maximum penalty people will not be.

The teams have been placed in order of how they faired on the day but for the ones which have no series points next to them they have either had too many riders changed from the original team or started with only three riders so their placing’s do not go forward to the series points which is a shame but it is all about team work and team commitment at the end of the day.

So for the series points the correct placing’s are as follows along with the scores from the special test they had to undertake which has been deducted from their final score already. I have to say there were some exceptional teams and individuals who took control of the task so special mention goes to both Sandhurst teams and to Brighton MTB!

1st Fetish Bike Company 10 sec special test bonus

2nd Sketchy Scorchers 20 sec special test bonus

3rd Sketchy B 20 sec special test bonus

4th Sandhurst A 20 sec special test bonus

5th Sandhurst B 20 sec special test bonus

6th Brighton MTB 20 sec special test bonus

7th 26 Engineers Regiment 10 sec special test bonus

MBR mag 10sec special test bonus

Stoned fish 10 sec special test bonus

Sledgehammer 10 sec special test bonus

Sussex MTB 10 sec special test bonus”

Hob-Nob
    Free Member

It’s a shame they screwed up that little skill bit after the slog through the mud 🙁

Especially as I did actually clean it!

Neil_Bolton
    Free Member

Yes, quite a few lessons to be learned I think.

As I mentioned, being sent the wrong way on stages lost considerable time – and when you’re at the upper echelons of results, those lost seconds can make a significant difference to whether you’re 21st or 10th. Mind you HobNob, I would have been just behind you with 3rd in Sport if I hadn’t decided to move up a class this time. I would suggest that you might perhaps consider it; that’s a significantly faster time than the rest of the field!

However, it’s made me even more determined for September – the training is clearly making an impact and I need to sharpen the skills a little to get me back to how I used to be many years ago.

And then, hopefully with a bit of luck, I might have the perfect runs and get a top 10.

ETA: Learned/Learnt – I can never remember.

Hob-Nob
    Free Member

Yep, I actually took a last minute space going, so couldn’t be swapped out, hence the sport catagory – having only ever raced DH before I wasn’t too fussed as I didn’t want an egg on face scenario by going into competitive & being smashed by everyone..

If I do the next round, i’ll go into competitive, and try not to crash, regardless of my little incidents though, even with clean runs the top 5 guys still put some hefty time into me, mostly on the longer stages where i’m clearly not fit enough.

Neil_Bolton
    Free Member

Ah, that makes sense. Well if you like, let me know if you do, and we’ll get you placed with me and moonboy so you have someone to ride/banter with.

I’ve already paid, moonboy is about to.

Should be a good one 🙂

Hob-Nob
    Free Member

Willdo, I probably will do it, as it’s reasonably local & I quite fancy doing some more of these gravity enduro type events.

chiefgrooveguru

Hob Nob – what was the technique for cleaning the first skills stage? Went for the low gear and winch approach here and had a traction fail!

Hob-Nob
    Free Member

I watched a few guys go low on the gears & run out of speed on the 2 short, steep climbs.

I went about 3rd from top of the block & on the first climb & basically maximum attack after you cleared the previous corner & use the speed to carry you up it. Same for the one over the little log feature. Stopped & steadied, then honked on the pedals as hard as I could.

Neil_Bolton
    Free Member

That’s certainly the right technique; I did the same, but unfortunately there is only so much grip that you can extract out of a Maxxis CrossMark on the rear. Henceforth, rushing at the first bit worked, until I hit the damp chalky bit and span the rear wheel. Dab Dabby McDab.

You’ll see why I wasn’t too bothered that Stage 2 got dropped 😉

Stage 4 was easier as it was drier – the technique there favoured full sussers and a sat down and grind approach, where tyres are less of an issue.

chiefgrooveguru

Third from the top as in third biggest sprocket? Was that on your middle ring? I was on 32 front 36 back and wasn’t pedalling anywhere near fast enough on the approach.

Hob-Nob
    Free Member

Third from the top as in third biggest sprocket? Was that on your middle ring? I was on 32 front 36 back and wasn’t pedalling anywhere near fast enough on the approach.

Yep – exactly that, I’m 1×10 on the Nomad with a 34T front ring & 11-36 back.

Neil – agreed, they should have made 4 harder by making it zig-zag up the hill, that was way too easy, just pedal like nuts & that was it.

xterramac
    Free Member

Quite impressed how quick some of the top guys went, i thought id gone alright on stage one and seven but still got schooled.

Things that can be taken from the event in prep for the next one for me are,
    1, try to get there early and look at the stages before hand or practice riding DH courses and single track blind and flat out….(may not end well)
    2, ride more tech’y trials type stuff on the enduro bike.(or try doing next one on a hard tail)
    3, work on fitness so that i can arrive at the stages in some sort of shape to ride them well, maybe even dare i say it, interval training!!! (or just do it for fun and carry on drinking beer and eating junk and riding when i want too)

anyways, does anyone know if there are any pics online from the event?

Cheers Maccas

carlos123
    Free Member

Warning this is long!

Ok there seems to be a lot of groaning and moaning about not being able to pre-walk the course because if I could of done that I would of done this better blah blah blah. Read the rules guys and read the website. This race series follows motorbike enduro rules where there is no practice runs just like a lot of French MTB enduros. I quote from my website “This will show your skill as a rider at reading and negotiating new terrain at speed.” This is why all the courses are a closely guarded secret as I wanted a more level playing field between the locals and outsiders so that those who travel a long way at least have a fighting chance and why I use either venues and trails that are unknown. This was the case even at the well known Forest of Dean as I made up the routes using very old tracks and even changed the route for the only trail anyone really knew being Corkscrew. Check out the review of the race on Bike Magic and the link to the interview with Jerome Clementz if you want further clarification.

To build in time to walk the course would mean a longer day for the volunteers and me and realistically, when I used to race motorbike enduro you never had a chance to walk the course either. Good riders that know their capabilities just get on with it. The novices would never even attempt the scary stuff, it is the ones who don’t quite have the ability but have the excuses who seem to be the most vocal and this series was always aimed at being rollable which it was and always has been because the most soul destroying action is to have to be constantly getting off your bike to push over obstacles It just puts them off ever wanting to come back which is not what I want. I do not want to spread the race over two days as it will cost more money to hire the land and therefore higher entry fees.

No, the 6ft drop was not rollable put the chicken run was and everyone I saw doing that section didn’t even look at the drop they just went straight into the chicken run without hesitation. The sand bagged drop read caution slow, drop. Now if you are a good rider your not going to slow for the drop because it says a drop is coming and it was a small drop but the novices need a warning to slow if they are no good on drops! Funny how the leading guys you don’t ever hear a peep from just hammered those sections even beating the two local riders times who were the only riders who knew those 3 runs as it was impossible to hide it from them. I will say that again, they rode it blind and beat very fast locals who knew the course!!!!! Roo Fowler did it on a 29r and caned the drops blind! So you got to ask yourself am I good enough yet? Further the Tidworth Freeride boys are a little embarrassed with those tracks being labeled Down Hill as they clearly are not as technical or knarly as a proper downhill course! They are red grade with elements of black, which is what I have always stated the stages would be and that you must ride within your limits. Oh, and by the way the marshals counted seven of you that did the drop and I know three of them.

This is a Southern UK race series aimed at novices. Enduro is not just about the length of the stage it’s about your ability to be a self sufficient rider who can keep on the pace during the transitions and be able to deal with any mechanical problems that occur. If you gave 100% to all those stages you would of felt it and plenty of the riders did even the fit ones. Use your loaf this is the South of England and you are not going to get 8min DH runs! I could make them 8mins, hell I could even make them 16mins but you won’t thank me for the amount of climbing you will have to do. If short runs are not your bag then don’t do this series go and prove yourself on Steve Parr’s excellent race series.

The trouble is I wanted to have a race series held only in the South so that people in the South had somewhere to go and try this format without traveling miles and also without the associated costs involved in traveling long distances and attending two day events. The problem I let myself in for is that the amount of land in the South that can hold this type of race and get in at least a 25-30km loop are sadly few so this is always going to be a compromised ‘Gravity’ type enduro due to the lack of Southern elevation.

Electronic timing. Guys do me a favour and go and ring the timing people and tell them your running a race like this and get a quote for 5 timed stages. 2k is around the price! Now don’t get me wrong I am very grateful to all my sponsors but the sponsorship is for prizes only and a couple of sponsors I have to pay for the prizes at trade price; they do not give me cash! Nor would I be likely to ever get someone to pay for timing as this is a very low key event. If I had to pay for electronic timing then I would not make any profit to pay myself for the time and effort in putting this series on and I would certainly not be doing it for the love of it that is for sure! Plus, I don’t really want to take more than 180 riders on a day as I always intended to keep it small and friendly. If you want electronic timing and are happy to pay say £55 an entry then email and let me know as if enough of you do and then subsequently commit to entering then I will pay for electronic timing. Bet I can guess what happens to that suggestion.

I agree, there are some cracking trails on the transition stages but unfortunately if you bothered to look at the OS map then you will see they are crisscrossed with footpaths and are the most heavily used by walkers! You will not believe the trouble we had with people ripping down and trying to move signs to send you in the wrong direction as it was. Someone even carried a pole and direction marker from stage 5 a good 1.5 clicks over to the stage 2 route in a period of time from me putting it out at 10pm Saturday night in the dark and the motorbike marshals finding it, moved tape and even a road barrier blocking the route by 8.30am the day of the race! That was only one of several instances as well.

It took me long enough to persuade the MoD to give me permission to use the footpaths for some of the transition stages having to argue they are not raced which is a lie as technically they are. During the transition stages you actually cut or used footpaths 10 times and it was stated on my license and I was warned they needed to be marshaled at each crossing which would of required 11 extra marshals which I did not have; I just took the chance and crossed my fingers nothing would go wrong. I actually nearly cancelled the race as it was only two weeks before they gave me permission to use the three down hill tracks, which are actually designated out of bounds for being dangerous! Salisbury plain was always my weakest venue and I had to make a silk purse out of a sows ear with it and without the use of those tracks it would of been a very poor venue.

Stage three. Again the fastest riders of those stages looked well ahead and saw the tape marking out the right hand bend and railed it! What went wrong with most was the shouting by the other riders and marshal and in hind sight I should of moved the queue up the hill away from the track. My mistake there. Plus when have I ever finished a stage at the end of a queue of riders? You don’t stop until you go through the poles where a marshal stands.

Stage 2. Wow you not getting even close to how upset it I am that we had to drop stage 2. Time clearing it out, building it, working out the route, marking it out etc, etc. This is why I need volunteers who can give me time to train them! You all still had something to test yourselves on at least.

Stage eight was originally designed to snake you down the vehicle track along the top and the day I worked it out it was hot and had been for a few days and the stage rode really well with nice flow. Unfortunately when I rode it with my friend to prove the course and do the timings it was raining and boy what a difference! My nice flowy down had become a grind with the mud stopping all forward momentum. We made a decision to re-route the course to the side of the track on the Saturday as the vehicle track was still wet and the grass was the area of least resistance, hence the grass run. I also took you out of 1.5 km of the woods single track for the last transition to stage 8 because it was so wet and put you onto fire roads which is why you had so much time to wait for the stage 8 start.

Stage 1 bomb hole. You were shown a diagram and explained to about what was going to happen. Yes he was in uniform the marshal that guided you into the bomb hole but also wearing a nice orange florescent vest. Again the leading riders spotted it and understood it was the part they needed to go into the bomb hole and did it. There is a big difference between being a good rider and a good racer.

Results. Sorry which part of the statement ‘results will be posted at the latest on the website by the following Wednesday after each race’ did you not understand? It can be found on the website homepage halfway down. If you don’t like waiting for the results….DONT ENTER the race!

Finally, no injuries so everyone must have ridden within their limits.

Right, either suck it up or realize you’re too good for this series and go and do another. Rant over, lets crack on to race 3!

P.S Because I can’t afford electronic timing we have made a mistake with the team times so go over and check the new results!

superfli
    Free Member

I for one love riding the course blind. As I said before, its a great leveller. Like you say carlos, it encourages the rider to look further ahead. Plenty of signage on the more extreme obstacles will help prevent some spills.
    People do get upset when lack of tape marking the course causes mistakes, its a simple thing to resolve so at least that will gain praise.
    The courses always sound like they are excellent, and although I’ve missed the last 2, il definitely be on the next one. Good work Carlos, try to sort the quick wins, and it’ll be a great series!

Neil_Bolton
    Free Member

Carlos, thank you for your reply.

This’ll save me the email, so I’ll say this, and repeat what I said earlier: The only grumble I have is a lack of clear taping on the more confusing sections of Stage 1 and 3.

Stage 1 had me with a marshall jumping out at the last minute pointing at me to go left, to which I duly did – right into a bush. A little taping on the left would have helped hugely here.

Stage 3, you’re absolutely right, people should look up, and other competitors shouting at you to go a particular way certainly DOES confuse the hell out of you. Again, as you say, lesson learnt.

None of the other stages struggled for taping, they had natural lines to follow. But I do get the point that some say regarding the drops – they did come up a bit quick on occasion – I might point out I did the drops and big jumps.

However, as you rightly say, the game is to ride these blind – one of the key reasons why I like this series – it’s a great leveller of riders.

However, I would respond to your rant a little in so far as whilst you do get the odd moany bugger, you might find it counter productive to come along having a return rant – I find it a little insulting to be told to put up or sod off having talked up this series to many people. Yes, the quick boys DID get the quick times, but you’ll find that there were many many people at the stages moaning about taping, quite likely one or two of the quick boys (maybe I can count myself in there, seeing as I got 21st even with going the wrong way on S1 and S3).

However, as for the muddy in between bits, well they were ace fun. As for everything else, including the wait for the times, we’re not bloody idiots, we know that it’s volunteers working manually to put together the results – but don’t let the one or two moany gits end up making you piss the majority off. It certainly annoyed me reading your rant, until I thought it through a bit.

We’re all human, but we’re also not all stupid.

In short, my only gripe was to make sure the taping is a bit clearer in places – as SuperFli says, people do get funny about it – I’ve been to many a DH race where organisers get torn a strip for a tape being out of place – and rightly so if someones trained and trained for that race to have it wasted by a mislain tape (even if it wasn’t your fault).

As for people moving the signs, I can well believe it – but I think most of us all know it happens – and I don’t remember anyone moaning.

Carlos, we fully appreciate you defending your position – and we all really appreciate the hard work you and your team put in, especially the volunteers – but try to keep us onside 😉

moonboy
    Free Member

I think Neil is fairly spot on there!

For what its worth… my own view of the day was it was a lot of fun and definately like to do some more of the same. In the end while I had a top day I had a totally shite race after snapping my chain during S1 and then spending soo long sorting it out that I was pretty flustered the rest of the day bimbling round. Hey ho, these things happen. (thanks to the guys who helped me out BTW)

I thought the course was fun, hats off to the volunteers for doing their bit (and having some good chat on the way round) and overall its a pretty good value format. I entered this because the gravity enduro’s at what £55 or something are just too much. The route seemed to make the best of the terrain and the linking parts were fun to ride, what more do you want? I liked the fact it was a bit more tech than a XC race, surely thats what enduro should be.

However … would say the taping was a shame. Not a major moan and trying hard to come across as a whiny little biatch! I am not one of these boys ‘who has been racing since the 90s dont-ya-know’ but have done a fair bit. I think this was my 5th race this year alone. And I’ve done stuff organised by Nofuss, Brechfa Bike Club, Bikefest, XCracer, out in the Alps all sorts, and I have never gone wrong like I did into the bombhole at the top of S1 or not realised where the end was like the end of S3. If thats my fault for being a bit shit then there you go but seem to manage ok every other time!

As I say, really liked it. Massively bruised ego of being at the bottom of the times and want to do myself justice next time 🙂

I do think Carlos’ post is a little ‘punchy’ to say the least so please read this in the way its written – praising a top day out and a new series that I’d like to do more of.

Stu

futonrivercrossing
    Free Member

I enjoyed the event – my first organised race. I think it represented value at £35 – electronic timing is a bit unrealistic for this kind of money I would have thought. I enjoyed the downhill sections 5,6 and 7 – though on my rigid Jones – I did take it a little slower than the fullys! i never felt out of my depth on these runs, negotiating the sandbagged drop was a blast and somehow managed to clean it. I did use most of the chicken runs as they were easy to spot and didn’t cost much in the way of time. Perfectly happy with the ‘ride it blind’ setup too.

Ash

Taz

Hi Carlos

I think if you read the tone of almost every post on hear you will see that they are overwhelmingly positive . Your post does come over as being a bit defensive. I guess if I had put all the effort in that you have obviously done maybe I would be defensive as well 🙂

This is a new series and it does have some teething issues (no surprise there). I think in a nutshell some folks had routing issues on stage 1 (I did not). Stage 2 had to be cancelled to many folks frustration (not least yours) Stage 3 had some marking issues at the end (I also went straight on at the end like many others did)

I agree timings can wait at the price. No issues for me there at all

As for the ride it blind – great concept and great leveller.

I for one will be at Aldershot and will continue to tell folks that this is a GREAT series. I will introduce myself in person if I can

Thanks you so much for the effort to pull this together. Love having a southern gravity series

empy
    Free Member

This was my first Enduro too so not much to compare it to, but I really enjoyed it – pretty much what I expected, challenging in the right places but rewarding. A few things stood out for me:
    1. Army volunteers who did a great job – much appreciated!
    2. I thought the timings were really well done, just the right amount of recovery time before each timed stage. Someone did a lot of work here.
    3. The “DH” sections were exactly as expected – challenging and requiring a fair bit of skill and experience to make the most of, but in no way dangerous.
    4. Carlos just about made it with the race results on the Wednesday 🙂
    5. Our team (sussexMTB) did ok – beat the team from some second rate MTB magazine 🙂

I can see how electronic timing is currently too expensive, but who wouldnt want instant results. But when start times are spread over more than 3 h i guess there can’t be any traditional presentation ceremony etc?

But overall, great job Carlos – I’ll be back for Rd 3!.

chiefgrooveguru

Photos from the end of Stage 8 and race report up here: http://www.enduro1.co.uk/race2_2011.php

Team times still a bit awry but nothing that’ll change the podium positions!

Viewing 39 posts - 41 through 79 (of 79 total)

The topic ‘Enduro-1 Race 2…….’ is closed to new replies.