Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Endurance events this year?
  • geomickb
    Free Member

Hey,

Anyone planning/entered any endurance events this year?

I’m missing the MTB Marathon series

MTB or Gravel.

Mick

mjsmke

Exposure Lights Twentyfour12 is on. End of July in Plymouth

Kryton57

Also the Southern XC Vittoria Marathon.

scotroutes

The HT550 kicks off in a couple of weeks. I’m sure there’s some on this forum doing it.

BenjiM

Lot’s of event planned over at British Mountain Bike Orienteering this year. National Champs from Tebay on 24th and 25th of July. (5 and 3 hour event, entries are open)

https://www.bmbo.org.uk/

FYI it’s mainly done with electronic dibbers now, rather than a paper and punch. Get yourself a mapboard set up and you can have a good few hours out and about (hopefully not) getting lost in some new areas!

mrlebowski
    Free Member

Torq in your sleep August Bank Holiday from the rumours I’ve heard too..

jonny-m
    Free Member

My Northern list…

1. Yorkshire MTB Marathon 13th June

2. M’thon Champs Kielder – 7th August

3. 10 @ Kirroughtree – 21st August

4. Hope Valley MTB -18/25th September

5. Kielder Chiller – 16-17th October

6. Hammers 8 – Sun 21st November

salsa
    Free Member

South Downs Way 100 miles July 3rd

Gravel Champs Thetford 18-19th Sept

jonm81

Was entered in to the Dorset Gravel Dash 100 and the Frontier300 but both have been cancelled.

I am doing the Gravel Dash 100 on the planned day anyway as I live local and know the route from previous years.

mick_r

10 at Kirroughtree hopefully.

carbonfiend
    Free Member

There’s no Torq 12 this year unless something has changed over the last few weeks – I asked at the last Gorrick (torq breakout event) they can’t get the land apparently. ☹️

anagallis_arvensis

Might enter this.

Kryton57

anagallis_arvensis

Might enter this.

Looking forward to bumping into you…

Hope Valley MTB -18/25th September

Is this confirmed? I’ve heard nothing from the Hope (formerly Scott) Marathon team and there’s nothing on the website?

mrlebowski
    Free Member

I do hope that TIYS goes ahead but I’m doubtful. Those events that are on look good but are bloody miles away. Isle of Man, Kielder & Scotland are a fair old shlep for me. Expenses soon mount up..

jimdubleyou

I’m going to be doing the KAW on my tod on the next bank holiday weekend.

I won’t be troubling the FKT though 🙂

Lankysprinter
    Free Member

Is the hope one the ride for Charlie marathon? I didn’t know that was happening this year, you’ve cheered me up! Is it the usual organisers?

mccraque

Kryton57
    anagallis_arvensis

Might enter this.

Likewise! Local for me but never raced at Pippingford before. Looking forward to it.

Kryton57

Does anyone have any knowledge of the proposed pippingford course? I’m looking to understand roughly how long the full distance 72km might take, 3-4hrs?

carbonfiend
    Free Member

I don’t know the course but I’ve raced at Pippingford in about 2010 at the the Muc Off 8 hour – I can’t remember all the course but if memory serves me right it’s your standard endurance woodland terrain – some descent climbs as well.

Bazz

Typically the Southern XC Vittoria marathon is about 2 miles from my house (I also rode the Muc off 8 way back when) but i’m going to be working that day with little chance of getting the time off 🙄

carbonfiend
    Free Member

good event that was as well – they only did it that one year I think. I had a rear mech break half way round one lap had to run the rest back to the pits but luckily I had decided to bring a spare bike – trusted ol’ On One Scandal 😀 got me round the rest no problem.

Bazz

I seem to recall it was quite muddy in a lot of the areas as well, the forest as a whole is pretty dry at the moment and if the weather holds should make for a fast course what ever way they route it.
    The Muc off was a one off, shame really, it’s nice having events so close to your home, I’ve been to a few festivals at Pippingford since but haven’t ridden there since the Muc off.

anagallis_arvensis

Might enter this.

Yep, I’ll bring a beer for night before.
    I have entered 3 lap race

Saccades
    Free Member

Won’t be vaccinated in time to take part, gutted.

GorrickTeam
    Free Member

TORQ in your Sleep won’t be happening this year as such a weekend event is too big an undertaking all round in the current ever changing situation. All being well it will be back with a bang next year. However, as we missed out on a Winter Series, we’ll be running a one off Brass Monkey event at Porridge Pot Hill on Sunday 12 September with solo cats for 6hr, 4hr & 2hr riders plus 6hr pairs, single speed and fat bike cats. Entry opens Monday 17 May https://www.tickettailor.com/events/gorrickmbc/514062/

mrlebowski
    Free Member

Thanks for the update Gorrick – see you in September!

Kryton57

+1 Martin and crew and doing us a great service at Area 51 recently.

Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)

The topic ‘Endurance events this year?’ is closed to new replies.