Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Endura Stealth / Stealth Lite. Comments.
  • moose2008
    Free Member

Thinking about purchasing some waterproof tights / bib tights for the winter. Was wanting something that will go over my boots to stop the water getting in. I have some concerns that they might be too warm though which means I’d end up wet any way.
    Any advice, stealth or stealth lite? tights or bib tights?

excitable1
    Free Member

I bought some normal Stealth tights last year and wore them up to April. Very, very, weather proof. I never found them too warm, in fact I even put them on twice mid summer for a ride up Walna Scar road and around Penmachno because it was pouring with rain.
    I was worried they would be too heavy and warm as the fabric does look like it will bake you but I honestly never had a problem, they feel a lot lighter than Hummvee’s baggies I wear in the summer.
    In the words of Homer Simpson donning his ski tights… ‘it’s like you’re totally naked !’

Nobby

I’ve had the stealth tights for 3 years now & they’ve held up in all conditions without ever getting too hot. Very impressed with them.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    ThePilot
    Free Member

I went for the Stealths rather than the lites because the lites felt a bit crisp packety.
    I really like them, really waterproof but they are warm, or I find them warm at least.
    But out of the two I’d still go for them. I wear shorts and legwarmers when it’s not cold enough for the Stealths.

nonk
    Free Member

not tights but i have to say my stealth jacket is mind blowingly good.
    it looks like a heavy awkward bag of toss but it’s just bloody brilliant.

Junkyard
    Free Member

tbh I find they can be a little cold when it it is really wet in the middle of winter – not terrible though.
    I cannot recommend them enough. I have the bottoms and top and nothing gets close for weatherproofness and breathability. You can get the bottom of the legs to go over the neoprene of your winter boots so no water runs in
    Dear but worth it IMHO

moose2008
    Free Member

Junkyard
    Do you use the waterproof stealth or stealth lite?

druidh
    Free Member

I wore my Stealth tights for commuting all last winter – never missed a day despite cycling through deep snow and/or ice. Already 3 years old, they’ve now stopped being fully waterproof – especially round the arse. They’re too warm for most of the year and I really struggle with the fit as they don’t stretch enough over my thighs.

However, I’ll likely be buying another pair this winter. Is there really another waterproof tight out there (Pearl Izumi Amfibs perhaps?)

Junkyard
    Free Member

stealth lite.
    the stealth is fleece lined and I assumed they would be too warm for general use. The lites are only cold [ and not cold cold just not as warm as you would like] when they are soaking wet – ie the rain itself is cold. I assume I could get another layer underneath if required but I have never bothered.
    Worn all year round in snow ice etc as well but not as far north as Druidh.

Rorschach
    Free Member

I’ve got stealth-lite tights which I wear with a set of braces as the bibs made my top half too hot with a base layer and jacket.They can a bit clammy on the inside when its cold/raining but I have been known to wear a pair of tights underneath aswell 😕
    I’ve been out riding in -12c round the marin and was toasty warm in them.Still hav’nt found a decent warm waterproofish glove yet though 😕

trail_rat
    Free Member

stealths are very warm – i only ever wear mine when my lites are dirty

the jacket is a staple in my wet weather riding kit

the mud at the puffer did how ever wear out the arse on my stealth lites through the night

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Endura Stealth / Stealth Lite. Comments.’ is closed to new replies.

New deal added to Members Discounts