Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Endura Stealth or Windchill?
  • white91
    Free Member

I am after a new jacket for the cooler months, the Windchill is significantly cheaper than the Stealth, but is it ok?

matther01
    Free Member

Love mine. There’s a black at Tredz for £49.99 in black. My med is quite tight in med and I’m 38″-39″ chest.

iainc

I have both. Windchill is good on dryish rides when temp between about 3 and 8 deg. Stealth goes on when its colder and or wet. It is too warm if temp is over 5 deg. I normally wear each with a single base layer.

gonetothehills
    Free Member

Practically lived in my Windchill since about October. The pit zips help vent it, I stick a gilet over it when it’s particularly blowy and either a lightweight Helly base or a heavier merino/poly Helly base if it’s much cooler. I only got cold stood around in it at the weekend watching the cyclocross, having ridden 20 odd miles to get there. In action it’s a good bit of kit, and breathes better than a full softshell thanks to the uncoated back.

Pickers

No experience of the Stealth, but I love my Windchill jacket.
    With a decent base it’s good down to 1 or 2 C, lower than that with a gilet or light shell.
    It’ll keep out a fair bit of rain too

simondbarnes

I have both. Windchill is great for cool – cold dry days (will also shrug off showers) with a baselayer underneath. Nice to have open pockets on the back for easy access to food etc.

Stealth is fantastic for cold & wet days. Warm and very waterproof. It gets a lot more use than my Windchill now. Slightly annoying not having the open pockets of the Windchill but not really an option on a full waterproof!

crazy-legs

What simondbarnes says ^^

I use the Stealth far more than the Windchill. It only needs a baselayer under it unless it really is baltic. It’s my default commuting jacket from about October – March!

If you find the Stealth too warm, try using the vents fully – it’s amazing the difference even an inch of opening on the zip makes.

white91
    Free Member

I’m not really the go out when its raining rider, but I don’t stop if it starts raining when out.

So maybe a Windchill will be fine for my needs

trail_rat
    Free Member

I find my stealth to be far too hot to wear most of the year – and when its cold enough for the stealth – i wear my buffalo.

I wear a windchill esque jacket most of the winter unless its wet when ill chuck a traditional waterproof shell over it .

adsh
    Free Member

The windchill neeeds a base layer to be really comfy. With a merin baa baa I find it about right for -2 to 4c. Any warmer and I find it a bit hot with a base and without a base the softshell feels a bit clammy.

white91
    Free Member

Anyone used an Endura Fusion? Borrowed a mates and it fits really well

cliffyc
    Free Member

Had an Endura Stealth from when they first were on the market (worked in a LBS = freebie 🙂 )and it is as good as new as is all my Endura kit,recommended by me everytime (try on at a shop,or a mates,as the sizing comes up on the small side.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Endura Stealth or Windchill?’ is closed to new replies.