• This topic has 4 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by DanW.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Endura SL PRO mutli width pad in shorts – anyone tried?
  • back2basics
    Free Member

Looking at getting a pair, pricey though at almost 100quid – so wondered if the different pad widths / types actually helped anyone with thier comfort?

DanW
    Free Member

This was covered recently in a thread here.

I am not hugely impressed and would’t spend more than £40 on them. I’d go for Sportful BodyFit Pro, Giordana BodyClone or Castellis with the X2 pad instead (the latter the only pricier option)

back2basics
    Free Member

Thanks DanW

great info, although a lot of replies to that thread are about the older shorts – i’m concerned about the pad size – i feel a narrow width would be better, but its knowing which brands do them!

ive done some google searching , the issue is brands change the pads in the same shorts each year it seems ! doh!

hilldodger
    Free Member

My local shop (who are usually pretty spot-on) say that the narrow pad is pretty much unsuitable for anyone, even racing snakes, and that the real choice is between medium (most riders) and large (biffers)

personally think they look a little overpriced but the latest Endura roadie stuff is a big improvement over last years (IMO)

DanW
    Free Member

I went with a medium pad as an average build and it is very nappy-like without providing any real comfort. As in the other thread the legs ride up and they cut me to pieces. I went in to my LBS and said I was looking for something different and the owner gave me a knowing look of someone who has also been shredded by these shorts 😆 Needless to say they haven’t sold many and don’t intend to sell any more unless people are set on them. The alternative “reasonably priced” short they seemed to like in the LBS was something from Gore although the exact name escapes me. Would really recommend the Sportful shorts in my first post though (I got mine from Wiggle). The only thing the Enduras have in their favour is that they are made from quite tough material and have held up very well to MTB riding. Shame as I’d love them to die to justify another replacement short 😆 Just wish I hadn’t paid so much initially to test them!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Endura SL PRO mutli width pad in shorts – anyone tried?’ is closed to new replies.