Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Endura Singletrack Wearers …….
  • uplink
    Free Member

What are they like on an all day wet ride?

Not expecting them to be anything like waterproof but do they get all heavy and uncomfortable?

I was planning on wearing them at Kielder this weekend as I could do with the pockets but as it looks like it’s going to be wet, I may have to leave them off if they are at all uncomfortable and just stick to the Lycra bibs with nothing on top 😯

IanW
    Free Member

There fine wet, no problem. Dont fuss, just keep pedaling.

Good luck.

beanieripper
    Free Member

Very good kit, they are not really lightweight and offer a bit of protection if you have a spill, very hardwearing. They dont wet out easily which is suprising considering there quite thick, ive ridden in them in the rain quite a bit but they dont really absorb water much at all…

uplink
    Free Member

That’s good to know, cheers

velocipede
    Free Member

I’ve got a black pair and a green pair…for some reason I find the green ones lighter and a bit more waterproof…but even the black ones are ok in the wet….I’ve just come back from the wettest two weeks ever at Innerliethen and Glentress!!

nicko74

Yup, they’re much better than the Humvees in the wet, as they shrug off the first few bits of water. The Humvees get heavy and drag on the top tube, not much fun

singletracksurfer

just lycra is soooo much better if you don’t mind being unsociable – and it is a race.
    get a saddle bag.

if you’re not man enough, i find them (singletracks) good although i prefer the mt500 in the wet.

xherbivorex
    Free Member

if it rains so much that they get wet through too, they dry pretty quickly and as others have said they don’t actually feel that heavy when wet anyway.

decent, hard wearing shorts (well, the ones with the green mesh lined thigh vents are anyway)- i’m gonna be selling mine soonish though cos they’re too big for me in the waist these days.

andyl
    Free Member

spray em with scotch guard 🙂 (not done it but maybe it will help?)

billyboy
    Free Member

The trousers are good. I’ve crashed a couple of times and they offer good protection. Got them totally soaked once…not the most comfortable experience…rather do that in lycra.

The shorts………….tried them…can’t get on with them…they get in the way too much

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Endura Singletrack Wearers …….’ is closed to new replies.