Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Endura Onsie sizing
  • jamesfts
    Free Member

After a particularly disgusting night ride and having had half an eye on these or the Dirtlej for a while now I think it might be time to give one a go.

Just wondering if anyone has experience of the sizing, I’m 6ft/32in waist and have a medium Endura Singletrack jacket (would like it to be more fitted but length in body and arms ok), would a medium onsie be tall enough? Think a large might be a bit to baggy if anything like the jacket.

Any help/experience appreciated as I’m. It sure I can get to try one on.

tom7044

I am a little taller than you and same waist.
    I tried medium and large in the endura
    Medium is about right leg length and sleeve length. Back length is right when standing but does feel tight when riding and bent forward.
    Waist is a bit baggy on the medium for me which is OK as don’t fall down due to having top attached. There is just elastic though. No adjusters like on the seperate trousers.
    Shoulders are only just wide enough on medium for single base layer, not enough for thick layers.
    Overall medium was OK but just not really designed for my body shape I guess.
    Large was better on the shoulders but huge around body and waist.
    Overall really like it as a concept though, is cosy and snugger than seperates to me. Plus can just take off as one thing to hose down. I use most of the Year and has help up well. Reproof the bum and back once already and needs to be done again now after about 1 year use. The yellow around neck and shoulder looks really stained and tired now though, particularly where hood roll rubs on helmet. Maybe get the black one or the commute one without the hood?
    Hope this helps.

tom7044

Also just thought to say that is definitely male body shape for the endura design. My partner found that just did not have room on the hips and tops of legs for cycling despite rest being an OK fit.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    jamesfts
    Free Member

Thanks for that, really helpful!

Sort of confirms what I thought would be the case from reading a couple of reviews, only thing that put me off the medium was a mate who’s 5ft6 has one and thinks I’d struggle with the height.

Black’s probably the best option, green onesie on a green bike might be a bit much!

jamesfts
    Free Member

Just to follow up on this if anyone is interested…

6ft/32in waist and went for the medium.

As above fit is a bit weird, arm and leg length are good but slightly tight around the shoulders when seated on the bike, baggy around the waist. Would have liked the legs a bit more fitted but that’s a minor point, baggy waist with no adjustment also isn’t really an issue due to it being a 1 piece it’s not like they can fall down.

Tried it out, weather was a bit too warm and dry (would have been fine in trousers and a jersey) but was really impressed with it – will be saved for the wet uplifts/filthy weather/cold night rides but should make getting through the winter a whole lot more enjoyable. Would recommend despite if you can get over feeling like an enduro teletubbie.

v7fmp

i concur. Whilst the fit of them is never going to be quite right, i save mine for such grim weather that any issues go right out the window…. 🙂

I have had mine for a while now and still rate it as a great bit of kit.

I am curious as to how much better the £400 suit may or may not be?!

oikeith

Missed this post the first time, I’m 6’1 and in a medium, as you’ve said, feels slightly snug but is bearable and I agree, best saved for the worst of the weather as can get quite hot!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.