• This topic has 15 replies, 8 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by kcal.
Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Endura MT500 versus FS260 Pro Bib Knickers…
  • househusband

I’ve got the FS260 bib shorts and they’ve been my regular roadie wear for several months now – now looking at some bib knickers for the autumn and winter.

Can anyone offer a direct comparison with the MT500 bib-knickers; sizing, warmth..? They both seem to have the same 600 series pad, one that seems to work well my arse and saddle.

Thanks.

13thfloormonk

I’m a huge fan of the MT500s, they are thick lycra but not thermal, so they’re my go to for 80% of my riding.

Quite tough also, I’ve made one pair last an embarrassing length of time and have only just replaced them, will probably try my luck getting the old ones repaired by Endura also, worth £25 in my books..

I combined them with the MT500 waterproof/windproof leg warmers to very good effect during the winter months, never needed anything else.

scotroutes

I have older FS260 bib shorts and the MT500 bib-knickers. As Ian says, the MT500s are just a bit thicker – in fact they have a double layer on the outside of the hips and thighs.

Sizing seems to be identical.

The FS260 upper is a thinner mesh material.

The bib pee-over height seems to be the same, so you’ll still struggle to get your wee cock over them.

househusband

The bib pee-over height seems to be the same, so you’ll still struggle to get your wee cock over them.

I did take note of the fact that you were watching… 😕

ton

while you fella’s north of the border are stroking yourselves talking about how good endura stuff is…… 😉
    how good are their waterproof shorts or 3 quarters? please.

13thfloormonk

I’ve only used the shorts with the waterproof arse, seemed like a great idea and I have done a lot of miles in them, they’re still in one piece.

Don’t know what model that is though.

slowoldman

I just took delivery of some FS260s and my little willie definitely isn’t going to get over the top of those bibs. I’m going to install a hosepipe.

I’ve only used the shorts with the waterproof arse, seemed like a great idea and I have done a lot of miles in them, they’re still in one piece.
    Don’t know what model that is though.

I would imagine they are MT500s. I have both shorts and 3/4. Both are excellent (though perversely it’s been a bit dry this year).

GreenK
    Free Member

Ton, I have an oldish pair of the waterproof 3/4s. They have given sterling service. The sizing is the usual Endura thing. Go up a size or as large as they go unless your build is of the “racing snake” variety! 😮

househusband

I’ve gone for the Castelli Nanoflex Bibknickers after getting the 10% off email from CRC – had a £5 voucher too so it took them down to the same price as the Endura MT500’s. I know that 2XL Castelli fits my ass like a glove.

And it means I don’t have to have the ‘will they fall apart’ Endura worry so sadly familiar…

GrahamS

The bib pee-over height seems to be the same

Pee over?

I just sneak it out behind my knee.
    That’s why they make the leg grippers waterproof. 🙂

househusband

I laugh at all your concerns at ‘pee over’ height..! 8)

Don’t have to worry about that at all since I had to start wearing adult nappies… 🙄

GrahamS

Castelli fits my ass like a glove.

You sir have a very strangely shaped ass!

househusband

Castelli fits my ass like a glove.

You sir have a very strangely shaped ass! [/quote]

It’s the haemorrhoids, see.

scotroutes

househusband

Well, someone’s got to push the piles back in…

kcal

FS260 3/4s here, very comfortable.
    Also MT500s – looking a bit the worse for wear, pad is pretty well shot but they’re such a comfy and durable pair of shorts — must be easily 12 years old, the double layer really helps durability – they’re the old black ones with yellow/gold stitching..

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Endura MT500 versus FS260 Pro Bib Knickers…’ is closed to new replies.