• This topic has 8 replies, 7 voices, and was last updated 5 years ago by mlke.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Endura MT500 Overshoes
  • beano68
    Free Member

As above, what are they like now for durability ? heard the zips were failing after a short time.

Looking at these for my Giro Terraduro Mids for the winter slop and with Kinlochleven Enduro coming up

Are these any good or is there anything else that would go with my style of shoe.

Cheers

Dogsby

I find that the bottom wears out far before the zip.  Sadly in the conditions that overshoes are required on an MTB a bit of walking is inevitable and they fall apart pretty quickly.  I had some BBB Artic Duties and they were much better but are proving hard to get hold of in my size.

Dogsby

k1100t
    Free Member

I was looking at getting a pair of the newer MT500 Plus, although they are eye wateringly expensive for something that generally only lasts me a season… I’ve used the older metallic silver road overshoes before, they were fine up to a point, the neoprene didn’t get on with the buckles on my old shoes, never had a problem with the zips; but as Dogsby says, it’s the bottoms that give out first.

bigyinn
    Free Member

Given the choice I’d go for decent winter boots every time! Overshoes are ok on the road, or where there isn’t much walking, however wrestling them off when they’re caked in mud & shit is horrible.

richmars

I get about 1.5 winters out of them, used most days on my commute. Either the zip goes or they just fall apart. For the cost, I think they’re good value, just to keep my feet warm and dry, and have dry shoes to walk into the office.

Get about two sizes too large if you can.

twowheels
    Free Member

Bottom failed first but were still usable.  Then zip failed on one side last winter.

I would buy MT500 again as I assume version II has an improved zip .  Like richmars I would size up (but only 1 size) because I think stretching them over shoes contributed to bottom failure.

gkeeffe

They are so small I’d go two sizes up!

beano68
    Free Member

I’ll be keeping my eye out for some cheapish winter boots as thats probably the best way to go as I do a lot of riding during the winter and the slop that goes with it.

I’ll just for now get some MT500’s and size up for now and hopefully they will survive a weekend of Kinlochleven Enduro as that will be a good tester.

Thanks for the advice

mlke
    Free Member

Another vote for Winter boots.

Take the hit not and buy the best fit you can or have cold feet for a season and buy in May when retailers etc are clearing their stock.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Endura MT500 Overshoes’ is closed to new replies.