• This topic has 8 replies, 7 voices, and was last updated 3 years ago by aP.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Endura FS260 Pro Adrenaline Race Cape
  • Mounty_73

Looking for something lightweight and packable to store in a pocket.

Does anyone use these, Endura FS260 Pro Adrenaline Race Cape, or anything else worth a look?

Thanks.

aberdeenlune
    Free Member

I have the Sportful Stelvio jacket. Fits nicely in a back pocket. Great at keeping your core dry. Just wish I could find shoe covers as waterproof.

jonba
    Free Member

Wiggle’s dhb have a range of proper waterproofs that fit in your pocket. THey do shower resistant jackets which are much smaller.

Galibier.cc is worth a look. They have some good designs and offer a few options.

I’ve got a Castelli jacket of some sort. Bought last minute for a wet training camp in the mountains. They have some great stuff. The shakedry jacket look really nice but are £££££££

Kryton57

I’m sure I have one of these semi transparent racing jackets.  They are good, but they are for racing.  They keep the wet off for a short while but are not insulated and intended to be worn by people pumping out heat at a rate of knots.

For day to day or “Trail” I’d be looking very Much at the recommendations popping up.   I’m very much a Galibier fanboi so that’s the first place look, very much high quality at a reasonable price.

avdave2

I have an earlier one, works pretty well and I carry it on any road ride where it might rain. First one had to go back as the taping on the seams all came away. I had to size up to a medium as the small was too tight across the shoulders, that meant it’s not as tight fitting everywhere else as I’d like. Basically I got it as I had an Evans voucher and that was the best option of clear race cape they had. I’d of bought the Lusso one if I’d been spending cash and could have gone anywhere. If the Endura fit is good for you and you don’t get one of their “quality control have left for the day” products then it does do a very good job so it’s a recommendation with caveats from me.

TedC

I have one, works well for its intended task, but it’s very much a road use thing. The fabric is very light and suspect it would Not survive a crash/encounter with a thorny branch. Similar to the difference between old freebie plastic bag and a “bag for life” one.

footflaps

I’ve got one, used it once in the rain; it was OK, you get a bit sweaty after a while. I generally use a Rapha Rain Jacket II as my goto rain jacket and carry that in case of showers, a bit bigger than the Endura Race Cape, but still easily fits in a Jersey Pocket.

footflaps

I’m bored, so here is a photo for size…

LHS: Black Diamond Mono Point GTX Jacket, one of the lightest GTX jackets with Hood about
    Middle: Endura Rain Cape
    RHS: Rapha Rain Jacket II

[url=https://flic.kr/p/2j9iGTG]Jackets[/url] by Ben Freeman, on Flickr

aP
    Free Member

I’ve got an earlier version of that race cape and despite being Endura it’s actually pretty good. I’ve used it in Italy for some quite damp road riding and it really worked. Kept me dry. In heavy rain. And then when the rain stopped after 6 hours it went in my back pocket. It did the job. Not something I would normally expect to say about Endura.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Endura FS260 Pro Adrenaline Race Cape’ is closed to new replies.