Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 128 total)
  • Endura discount code
  • mrsheen
    Free Member

Poor form Endura. 😫

DickBarton

Hardly a surprise though…given the premium prices and the expensive athletes they support…they’d be mad to honour sales that weren’t by Pentland staff. They need to maximise profit to pay for the support, etc…also they pitch themselves as a premium product hence the lack of mad mental sale prices on older kit until recently.

I’m still gutted that I missed out even placing an order, but in hindsight, it isn’t a surprise.

northshoreniall

Why poor form? People applied a discount code they had no right to and were caught out. Seems fair to me.

scotroutes

Don’t feed the troll

mrsheen
    Free Member

Sorry my message in hindsight looks bad. I was pretty philosophical about not getting the staff discount. Seems fair enough. Sorry for any confusion. Thanks

zippykona

Talking of Sade, I’ve slept with her.

I say “slept with”, it was just me and her, her band and about 2,000 folk in the Playhouse in Edinburgh. Easily the most boring and soporific gig I’ve ever had the misfortune to attend. I nodded off after 30 minutes or so.

<small class=”bbp-reply-post-date”>Posted 3 hours ago</small>

I’ve shared a bed with Shania Twain at her villa in Mustique.

Just not at the same time.

shooterman

People are free to form their own opinion on how Endura handled the situation compared to other brands in the Pentland Group.

Kuco

Not to bothered it’s been canceled. Just means I’d spend the money on something else.

doomanic

Obviously, as a denied purchaser, I feel they’ve handled it badly but not surprisingly.

They’ll still be making good money at 50% off and now they won’t see any of mine because at full price it’s all way out of my price range. I expect Fox or Dirtlej will be seeing me chuck a few quid their way.

shooterman

Very surprised Endura didn’t at least offer a smaller discount.

One positive for them is this debacle identified a cohort of potential customers interested in buying their products but not at full RRP. I think a smaller discount would have been sensible given other customers were able to avail of the code. Not everyone would have been happy but it might have mitigated the situation.

Nope. Endura just told us to pi$$ off. Works both ways though.

richardkennerley

Don’t get me wrong, i’d love to have gotten away with it, but I think what Endura said is absolutely bang on.

In order to use the code, you need a Pentland Group email, I didn’t use a PG email, therefore the code didn’t work.

I was a chancer, don’t deserve special treatment now!

d42dom

They should honour the discount you weren’t entitled to? Words fail me…

shooterman

They should honour the discount you weren’t entitled to? Words fail me…

Straw man.

d42dom

you weren’t going to buy it unless you got a discount so you weren’t a customer anyway. Endura haven’t lost out on anything

shooterman

I’ve been an Endura customer for three decades. Most of my autumn / winter riding gear comes from them.

I think I am best placed to decide what my future buying intentions were.

doomanic

Almost all of my current kit is Endura but I need proper waterproofs for the winter and £420 for jacket and trousers is well outside my price range, especially when it’s not even Gore-Tex!

scotroutes

The sense of entitlement in this thread is strong.

DickBarton

Is gore-tex suitable for MTB?

shooterman

The sense of entitlement in this thread is strong.

No entitlement. Disappointed customers who bought in good faith deserve a little more than a snottery email. I’m not saying that “something more” should be additional discount, just suggested it as a possible way to preserve some good will.

No acknowledgement that customers who bought in good faith may feel disappointed is my subjective view. I would have referenced that in the email rejecting the orders. If you can extrapolate a character flaw from that go on ahead.

Is gore-tex suitable for MTB?

I have a Gore tex jacket and it works brilliantly.

jonnyboi

No entitlement. Disappointed customers who bought in good faith deserve a little more than a snottery email.

Nonsense, we all took a gamble on a code we weren’t entitled to use and have no cause to complain. You said yourself it was probably too good to be true.

shooterman

Yes I did.

However, at the time of placing my order I had no idea it was an employee code. My point is about Endura’s handling of it.

thegeneralist
    Free Member

Shooter man. Take a minute and think about it. And rule 1.

yourguitarhero
    Free Member

There’s still lots of Endura stuff on sale at Sports Pursuit X

ditch_jockey
    Free Member

My point is about Endura’s handling of it.

They, politely, didn’t give you something you weren’t entitled to; complaining about that seems like the very definition of having a sense of entitlement.

martinhutch

in good faith

Your definition of this appears to be unusual.

DickBarton

Ok, so it handles the constant mud and gritty paste it generally brings with it? I’m needing new cycling tights and a replacement to my very old MT500 jacket (which is no longer waterproof or repellent – it is water absorbent now!).

If gore-tex works and lasts well, then I’ll stump up the cash for a jacket. How breathable are they and are there any better suited for MTB as the ones I seem to find look more like walkers jackets (do no dropped rear to cover the back when hunched over bars).

Surely a discount code of 50% off premium products should have been enough of a warning bell to suggest something wasn’t right? Reading the email from Endura, it seems perfectly fine what has been said – I’m saying that as someone who was gutted that they didn’t get to place an order, even though I suspected it wasn’t going to work.

shooterman

Folks I don’t think anyone is going to change their mind here. Those that think it’s been sub – par will vote with their wallets.

tenacious_doug
    Free Member

Ok, so it handles the constant mud and gritty paste it generally brings with it?

Most of that never touches the goretex itself. Goretex (and indeed pretty much any other good quality waterproof jacket) is a membrane fabric that goes on the inside of the jacket. Whether the jacket can withstand mud and gritty paste is more to do with the quality of the face fabric and waterproof coating on it, neither of which are anything to do with goretex.
    Goretex

DickBarton

Cheers…so my question isn’t actually about gore-tex then but the jackets that have gore-tex…are there any more cycling specific that can handle the mank better than others?

I’ve always thought they were great for rain and snow, but the jackets didn’t really work in mud (based on stuff from many years ago)…assuming things have moved on now.

I’ll get looking around, thanks.

tenacious_doug
    Free Member

Cheers…so my question isn’t actually about gore-tex then but the jackets that have gore-tex…are there any more cycling specific that can handle the mank better than others?

I’ve always thought they were great for rain and snow, but the jackets didn’t really work in mud (based on stuff from many years ago)…assuming things have moved on now.

I’ll get looking around, thanks.

I’d certainly say that many moons ago there was less manufacturers making MTB specific stuff using goretex, so it was probably accurate that they weren’t many goretex jackets as good for MTB, but that wasn’t because of the Goretex, it was because of how manufacturers were making them.

Though remember goretex is a manufacturer who makes a wide range of different fabrics with different levels of breathability, weights etc. I’d be looking at things like fit, features, breathability and waterproof ratings, weight, outer fabric first and foremost before worrying who the fabric itself was made by. To be honest I find it hard to see past something like the MT500 for MTB. The breathability levels are comparable to a decent goretex (and indeed better than many goretex jackets), it’s got a good durable face fabric and nice cut.

houndlegs
    Free Member

Just to rub salt into the wounds, my order just turned up, was Berghaus not Endura though. Cheers OP.

kirkg
    Free Member

Received the cancellation email yesterday then a notification from my bank to say the cash had left my account this morning🤷‍♂️

redmex
    Free Member

I got the cancellation email yesterday from a Shona but they still took almost £50 from my PayPal acc I just checked it 5 mins ago

shooterman

Think I’m solid on my definition of a bona fide purchase in good faith 🙂

whatyadoinsucka
    Free Member

cyclestore has some good deals on endura with £5 off new signups.

got to be in it to win it, and sometimes it doesnt work out..
    i once got an ipad3 on launch less than half price from very, they honoured single purchasers, those who bought 5 seemed annoyed too.

shooterman

So they still took people’s money after cancelling the orders?

kirkg
    Free Member

Aye they’ve taken the money from my account but I paid with PayPal so that might have something to do with it. Surprised there’s no way of cancelling the payments before they come out though.

acidchunks

I emailed about refunds, the response was they’re being processed today (with the usual caveat that it may take up to 4 days for the recieving bank to credit to your account…)

doomanic

They’ve now taken my PayPal payment as well as my CC payment. That’s pretty poor form.

redmex
    Free Member

Just got refund this minute so no hose merino socks for me

Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 128 total)

The topic ‘Endura discount code’ is closed to new replies.