Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 102 total)
  • Endomondo January Challenge
  • andytherocketeer

@allthepies maybe should have clarified – when importing a .gpx from etrex. Never used the app (but will do, even if just to compare the results between an etrex and an HTC). Never done running either, so it’s just a niggle that it wants to make every import running. Maybe I’ll file a bug report / feature request.

Yesterday’s import took a few hours to show up in challenge though.

stayhigh

Stayhigh, Garmin will sell you a cheap exchange unit.

I think its something like $70 for a refurb but I may see what they can offer against an upgrade instead. You never know.

I’ll have a look for a how to but dont think my soldering skills would be upto it in all fairness 😳

allthepies
    Free Member

@allthepies maybe should have clarified – when importing a .gpx from etrex.

Ah, gotcha.

will
    Free Member

Nearly half way through. More people need to join up!

warton
    Free Member

I’ve had a dreadful week, loads of crap has happened cutting down my KM to about 30 so far. need a big week next week. Still aiming for second, currently in 6th. 1st is waaay out in front

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

Down to 7th but not a single commuting mile recorded.

verses

Just spotted this and joined both 🙂

GrahamS

Do you have to set workouts as “Cycling, sport” to go on the Road challenge?

All mine are “Cycling, transport” because they are commutes.

(Not that I’d make a dent on the leader board anyway)

will
    Free Member

Mine is set to cycling sport as I use the commute to train and always extend it 😆

trio25
    Free Member

Yes cycling sport, mine were cycling, transport and it showed that I only had 46 road miles, I commute on road so now changed them. Now at 311 which brings me up to 3rd. Nowhere on the mountain biking, making me realise I should get off-road more often!

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

Off for a long cold road ride this morning, lets see what thta does my position.

Sandwich

I’m pleased I got on the first page with my commutes yesterday. Some of you need to get a life outside cycling. Mrs S insists I spend time with her, not out on my bike on some challenge!!

“Some of you need to get a life outside cycling”

Sorry, you’ve lost me there…

will
    Free Member

Day off today 🙁 think I might move down a few positions!

takisawa2

Crikey, that chap in the lead seems to spend every day running & riding…
    Chance would be a fine thing.
    I see we’ve covered nearly 3400 miles so far…!

I’m aiming to romp home in 50th.

warton
    Free Member

I’m taking the winter bike into work next week to extend my ride home on wednesday and friday to 50 miles. that should get me back up there!

Crikey, that chap in the lead seems to spend every day running & riding…

StefMcDef
    Free Member

Working on Saturday, which is mountain bike day, yet again. 😥 Still posting a resolutely big, fat zero on the mountain bike challenge.

My newest toy being a road bike, that’s the one I reach for when I’ve just got an hour to spare.

GrahamS

So… No one too concerned about having public GPS traces showing where you live, what times you are out and where your expensive bike can be found?

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

So… No one too concerned about having public GPS traces showing where you live, what times you are out and where your expensive bike can be found?

Not really, the most expensive thing in my house is always out being ridden when I am out. There’s **** all in my “crib” worth nicking. You could try taking the dog but I don’t think it he will like that too much.

andytherocketeer

That’s why my traces all start and end at a convenient waypoint in town about 2 blocks away 😉
    Those few 100m less per ride are hardly going to make me miss out on a challenge win.

fatalbert
    Free Member

Just joined, I have had to imput my rides I have done so far this year manually, thats because I always used to use mapmyrun but this Endomondo thing looks more fun to use.

Iam going for a 20odd mile hike tomorrow and want to use the android app for the first time.

GoatKarma
    Free Member

Think I’ll probably be on the way down from the top of the road one judging by the icy weather up here next week. Zone 2 on the rollers/spinning for me over the next few days 🙁

JohnClimber
    Free Member

Is it me or does everyones Endomondo claim to do 10 to 20% more than they actually do?

I did an Endomondo run yesterday (I’m not in this gang btw) and it said I did 11.47km but doing it on Memory Map it worked it out at only 9km. Where were very few corners etc.

stayhigh

FWIW I find Endomondo to be fairly consistant with my Garmin Edge. That said though I’m not sure on the milage for the walk I did on sunday.

GrahamS

Is it me or does everyones Endomondo claim to do 10 to 20% more than they actually do?

Very dependent on a good GPS fix.

If you travel in a dead straight line but the GPS fix keeps wandering you 10 metres either side of the line then it soon adds up. The Android version seems worse for this than the iPhone one, particularly on Low Power mode.

Keeping your phone somewhere with good line of sight to the sky helps (armband, bar mount or phone pouch on backpack).

andytherocketeer

For my last ride, I recorded the same trip on eTrex Vista HCx and via the Android app. Distances came out at 25.1km and 24.6km.

Take yer pick as to which is the most accurate. Both were within 50cm of each other at all times, etrex in jersey pocket, android in phone pocket on the camelbak. eTrex may have had about 1min max extra run time while stationary.

Will grab the 2 GPX files tonight to compare, but I suspect Android (and probably iphone too) is probably just storing data at a lower rate than eTrex (which is 1 per second when properly locked).

Just had a look at some of my GPS logs of multiple lap races.

Erlestoke 12; 10.29 to 10.53km
    BBF; 8.41 to 8.55km
    Oktoberfest; 9.18 to 9.35km
    SITS; 12.33 to 12.56

So I’m getting a ~200m variation on a Garmin 305 on the same course on the same day.

will
    Free Member

I find Endomondo records less distance that Cyclemeter and Strava. I have all 3 running at the same time on my iPhone 😆 Cyclemeter & Starva are within 0.1 of a mile of each other, Endomondo, is always between 0.3 and 0.6 miles shorter depending on length etc…

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

How we getting on.? only a couple of days left.

I have not done a single MTB mile this month but the road mileage is quite good for me considering it’s January.

GoatKarma
    Free Member

Was leading the road one, but took a tumble and fecked my knee last Saturday so 9 days off the bike now. Just noticed I got overtaken this morning with someone doing 330K in a single ride 😯

Edit-the 330K ride seems to have disappeared now but the leaderboard hasn’t updated.

andytherocketeer

Slacking big time here. So long as I don’t come last (of those that file a distance). No rides for the next 2 weekends either, due to more important task of having to ski around a mountain all week. So that’s half of Feb gone too before I get back on the bike.

will
    Free Member

I noticed that Goat, seems to be an error, and the leaderboard has returned to normal.

Only 2 days left! Think they’ll be some extra miles being put in 😆

dawson

currently 12th – the top 3 are miles ahead!! 😯

StefMcDef
    Free Member

Sport
    Cycling, sport

Distance
    68.30 miles
    Duration
    1h:06m:41s
    Avg Speed
    61.5 mph

😯 OK, who’s doing their “cycling, sport” on a Ducati?

will
    Free Member

Haha. Might just be a good tailwind…

warton
    Free Member

I’m 7th on the road challange. Hoping to make 6th by tomorrow, but TBH I’m chuffed to bits that I’ll break the 1000km mark in the first month of 2012!

GoatKarma
    Free Member

Last day. Big push everyone!

Sandwich

Distance
    68.30 miles
    Duration
    1h:06m:41s
    Avg Speed
    61.5 mph

Not trying.
    Title
    Road Commute
    Sport
    Cycling, sport
    Start Time
    Jan 6, 2012 8:16 AM
    Distance
    11.21 miles
    Duration
    47m:54s
    Avg Speed
    14.0 mph
    Max Speed
    146.5 mph
    Calories
    813 kcal
    Elevation
    259 ft ? / 308 ft ?
    Heart Rate
    149 / 170
    Cadence
    75 rpm

Speed/cadence sensor tyre circumference set to Zero caused this. Distance was originally 60 miles too.

will
    Free Member

Come on Goat! Despite falling off and almost dieing you still couldn’t resist getting to top spot 😆

No matter how much i’d like to win, i’m not extending my commute home to 66 miles 😆

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 102 total)

The topic ‘Endomondo January Challenge’ is closed to new replies.