Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 61 total)
  • Endomondo February Challenge
  • stayhigh

Morning All

The end of the month is nigh and it will soon be time to start another challenge.

So step right up boys and girls for the STW February Challenge brought to you by dazzling beetles buffed brightly with all new shiney thorax wax; for all your shiney thorax needs 8)

MTB

ROAD

Its too tight at the top on the current challenge to declare a winner but its great to see so many people getting involved.

Happy trails all 🙂

warton
    Free Member

I’m in!

looks like I’n 7th in the January Road challenge, should end up with 1025ish after tonight…

votchy
    Free Member

First time I’ve ever been number 1, woohoo!!!

mr-brightside
    Free Member

im in hope i do better in feb then i did in january (21st at the moment) 🙄

LadyGresley
    Free Member

Joined the road challenge again – my personal target is to get (a little bit) closer to trio25’s total!

geologist
    Free Member

Not a hope in hells chance of doing anything, only managed 110 miles in january, all on singletrack though 🙂

But gonna enter anyway, with a personal goal to break 200 singletrack miles.

GregMay
    Free Member

Right, go on , I’m in.

thehillsofsomerset
    Free Member

i’m in, looking for a big february on road and MTB. I came 39th on road in Jan, Top 20 would be great.

Sandwich

Another go at the road challenge in February. Must do better than 178 miles for the month. Aiming for around 500, sickness and equipment failures permitting.

doodlebug
    Free Member

Looking forward to February’s Strava’s challenge 😆

andytherocketeer

Joined, for a laugh. Skiing between now and mid-Feb so won’t be logging anything. But gives me an incentive to ride later.

will
    Free Member

Joined the road challenge, be happy if I finish where I did for Jan.

Edit: Doodle, what is Strava’s feb challenge?

easygroove
    Free Member

road challenge for me, 12th for Jan but got 8 or 9th at one stage. Should have done better as its summer here so no excuse for not riding lots…..other than a bit of rain and resultant flooding 8)

plodtv
    Free Member

I know this is a cycling related forum, but any plans for an STW running challenge, much interest?

hughjardon
    Free Member

Hang on, hang on, I haven’t uploaded downloaded whatever the term is, my December rides yet!

bazhall
    Free Member

Joined the mtb challenge for a laugh and to see how I get on

Sandwich

Ooh, I’m currently first on the road. Also cold, it’s 2 hours since I got in and I’m not fully warm yet.

stayhigh

@Plodtv: There isnt one at the moment but it wont take me long to knock one up. Ill get on it and post it on the chat forum 🙂

EDIT: will have to wait until I get home as the computer at work doesnt want to play the game right now.

rOcKeTdOg

my workouts don’t seem to be showing, setting changed to public and it says “workouts included in challenges” but i have “no applicable workouts” even though i have

any ideas?

epicyclo

Mtb should be most metres ascended 🙂

warton
    Free Member

rocketdog, are you doing ‘cycling sport’ workouts?

rOcKeTdOg

yep

stayhigh

If doing Cycling Sport then it will show up on the Road challenge, edit the ride to Mountain Biking and it should show up.

Endomondo can sometimes take a long time to update though.

rOcKeTdOg

right, will change it and see what happens, cheers

disco_stu
    Free Member

Signed up for the road one though it means all my commutes will now be Cycling sport and not Cycling transport.

rOcKeTdOg

it worked, now number 8 in mtb

cheers

rOcKeTdOg

moved up to 2, shudda done an extra 4….but my feet would have fallen off they were so cold

rp16v
    Free Member

im guesing tt/roller miles dont count 😛 do they do hardware that will work with other phones apart from iphone as im using samsung

donsimon
    Free Member

In for the road just to see how it goes. Would have finished higher last month but for starting late, not having the hardware and not knowing how the hardware worked when I did have it.
    Off to a reasonable start. 😀

GavinT
    Free Member

A respectable 5th for me in January (road). Had a slow start so quite pleased to winch myself up to there.

Right February – bring it! :o)

will
    Free Member

Hmm slow start to Feb for me. I’ll pick it up tonight if my hands don’t fall off…

GavinT
    Free Member

What about cyclocross bikes?

I reckon if the ride has a good proportion of road and a bit of easy off road then it’s cycle sport. But if it’s the sort of ride you’d more usually use a mountain bike for then it’s mountain biking. Sound about right?

Just thinking ahead as I sometime commute by cross bike so I can enjoy the odd cheeky diversion along the way but it’s road biking really.

will
    Free Member

Seems fair to me! Long as it’s a higher % road.

Jamie
    Free Member

Am I being an idiot, or is there no way to view the challenges on the iPhone app?

…for the record I am uploading from my Garmin 310XT.

GavinT
    Free Member

Hi Jamie, you can’t do a lot from the app, you need to go to Endomondo.com on a browser. You should be able to do that from your phone ok though.

Cheers Will! If there’s too much off road into the MTB it will go.

🙂

Jamie
    Free Member

Hi Jamie, you can’t do a lot from the app, you need to go to Endomondo.com on a browser. You should be able to do that from your phone ok though.

Ah. Was starting to think as much. Bit shit really.

GavinT
    Free Member

Well, the app is more for actually logging. But yeah, if you’re using your Garmin (as I am too) you don’t really need it. Handy backup though if you forget your GPS or forget to charge it.

geologist
    Free Member

MTB monthly total should be –

Total Acsent/Miles Travelled X Number of sessions

Jamie
    Free Member

Well, the app is more for actually logging. But yeah, if you’re using your Garmin (as I am too) you don’t really need it. Handy backup though if you forget your GPS or forget to charge it.

True, but would be quite handy to just boot the app up to have a quick squiz at the challenge results, rather than browse through the website.

Moon on a stick please!

trio25
    Free Member

Late start to Feb for me since I’ve been on holiday.

I sometimes commute on the cx bike as well but as over 75% of the route is off-road I count it as mtb. I usually do it on cx bike so I can blast home on the road and get home earlier.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 61 total)

The topic ‘Endomondo February Challenge’ is closed to new replies.