• This topic has 6 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 13 years ago by Bez.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Endomondo altitude question
  • maxray
    Free Member

OK, probably a silly question but in Endomondo on a given work out can someone explain the altitude for me?

For example on this mornigs commute I have 279 ft / 755 ft but do not understand what this means is it down/up or 279 highest point and 755 total?

I bet its something obvious and I am just being stoopid! 🙂

Ta,

MSP

It means your altitude goes from a minimum of 279 to a max of 755, there should be a handy graph accompanying you workout which makes it clear.

maxray
    Free Member

Ah right so it doesnt give you your total ascent then.

Cool ta,

Speshpaul

Do you think the total distances are right on endomomdo, we seen some odd results against trip computers that seem to be on the button.

MSP

Its a free app, that uses the not perfect GPS chips on phones that are then (probably) put in protective cases and chucked in backpacks or pockets, I doubt the results are particularly accurate, but good enough to have some fun challenges between friends.

maxray
    Free Member

Well they responded and said:

The first reading is the avg – average speed, altitude or HR.
    The second one is the max one registered during the training max altitude, speed HR.

Makes it a rather pointless stat! 🙂

I like Endomondo, it’s not like I am training for the tour, it just makes my commute have elements to challenge myself, avg miles, fastest section and general time. You would think that if you ride the same route with the phone in the same jersy pocket then at least the results will be comparable whether or not they are accurate.. if that makes sense.

Bez

Altitude accuracy is inherently poor if derived solely from GPS readings, it’s down to trigonometry and not the cost of the app or whether you’re using a phone. You need an extra input such as a barometer for accurate altitude data.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Endomondo altitude question’ is closed to new replies.