• This topic has 23 replies, 21 voices, and was last updated 4 years ago by tthew.
Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • End of summer 2019?
  • bentandbroken

So the last week has been great, but the planned ride tomorrow is probably cancelled because of 100% Cr4P weather 🙁

It’s been great, but is this the end?

Feel free to post pictures from your weekend rides to prove me wrong 🙂

zeesaffa
    Free Member

Gutted.
    We have an uplift day booked at Revolution BP tomorrow. Still going to give it a go!

martinhutch

Rode four days in a row this week to make the most of it. Legs went pop yesterday, just ahead of the weather. 🙂

sheck

Had a heavy cold all week… forced myself up onto the Quantocks yesterday for one last dry pedal before the overnight rains… I could already feel the rain on the wind as I pedalled home…

set off in summer and by the time it was back it was definitely autumn

matt_outandabout

This morning’s run, while warm, had moderate winds, leaves blowing around, mud underfoot, the river was grey and cold looking…

🙁 🍁🍂

doris5000

forced myself up onto the Quantocks yesterday for one last dry pedal before the overnight rains… I could already feel the rain on the wind as I pedalled home…

set off in summer and by the time it was back it was definitely autumn

that’s interesting – we went for a walk yesterday afternoon only about 40 miles away from you, and it was pure summer all the way through.

it is now, however, most certainly autumn

bikebouy
    Free Member

Slightly wetter than an otters pocket…

eddiebaby
    Free Member

I must have some weather VPN thing going on. Brilliant day yesterday, way hotter than expected. Got a few PBs on the road and had a good offroad session too. About 30 seconds of rain in the night (literally 30 seconds) and this morning I’ve been pottering around the apple trees. Monday/Tuesday looks a bit soggy, but really we need it.
    Hope it doesn’t rain as I’m cycling off to the local to watch the Rugby at 11 – beer and a bacon roll for £5?- they know their market…

nickc

managed to get out yesterday, and came down with a cold yesterday evening, so now, sat watching the rugby and drinking sweet tea.

It can rain all it wants

MoreCashThanDash

Convinced myself to down easy lap of the local country park yesterday despite a stubborn cold – 23° in the sunshine, so glad I went out. Occasional heavy showers this morning, forecast to set in after lunch. MrsMC gas suggested a pre lunch amble to the nearby farm shop/cafe.

I try not to winterize the bikes till October half term. Sometimes it stays dry enough

razorrazoo

On the ferry returning from the IOW, did a lap of the island yesterday in the glorious sunshine. It’s hammering down now.

Malvern Rider
    Free Member

I went to collect a fine example of arguably the Most GrandadBritish Bike Ever and headed over the Ridgeway for a maiden ride. It won’t (neither bike nor Ridgeway) be looking like that next time I ride it 🤣

As I winched up The Coombes just before taking this pic, I heard the sound of many hooves drawing up right alongside me. Three horse-riders on horseback were going full-tilt out of the morning sun along an adjacent purpose-built track. Their speed was terrific. I felt a thrill and had to have sit down. A red kite flew over. That was enough excitement for one morning. Felt hungry. Descending, I squealed the old brake-blocks through half a mile of dewy grass and cowshit to pick and enjoy a breakfast of fresh wild damsons.

British Eagle Touristique

‘One is considerably more British than yow’

I later paid respects to Wayland and did much enjoy the magical chalk roads around Uffington.

Onwards…

eddiebaby
    Free Member

A fine looking bike.

Malvern Rider
    Free Member

A fine looking bike.

Cheers. It’s a stunner innit? Bought from a retired old-school bicycle mechanic. Not only, but it came complete with additional NOS replacements: Exage 500LX rear mech, HG cassette, HG chain, QR skewers, touch-up paint over a hundred (100+) ‘spare’ DT Swiss Champion spokes, also a Raleigh No. 4 top-tube mount pump, new Schwalbe Marathons and a Zefal Husky track pump. It actually got dusty in there after shaking the old boy’s hand*, felt like I was inheriting Excalibur! 🗡

*Asked what he was going to do now he’d sold what he says was ‘the best bike ever’ – he replied ‘I’m going to ride my new Scott eBike’ 🤣

Happy days.

zippykona

This week I’ve had to put a jacket on in the morning. Something in our body clocks makes it feel just right almost like we are looking forward to winter.

Stupid body clocks.

sirromj

Will be the end of day time tonight too.

el_boufador

As per Martin, I’ve been fully making the most of it. Rode Monday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday. Knackered now. Had a heavy downpour earlier but not too bad outside here, to be honest.

kelvin

I searched for the most appropriate Mint Sauce strip to post… I couldn’t decide which one to use though…

handybar
    Free Member

Yep that is it.

MrOvershoot

sirromj

Subscriber

Will be the end of day time tonight too.

Really how come?

daveylad
    Free Member

Yeah pissed. Was off next week for revs, foel gnash(?), stiniog & a ride round cody brenin. Im a week too late it seems.

n0b0dy0ftheg0at
    Free Member

I’m regretting wasting yesterday afternoon after work and really regretting deciding to do some tweaks before heading out, meant I ended up with a pathetic ~30mins in the late sunshine, when I could have had ~4 hours.

Today has been very wet but stopped now I think, maybe, just maybe I’ll head out in a while…

Vader
    Free Member

I walked down to the baker’s yesterday morning in brilliant sunshine, intense blue sky and warm enough to wear just a t shirt at 930am. Today I retraced my steps through cold mist and banks of brown rustling leaves across the pavement. Feels like a month has passed in between.

To be fair the stove has been on this past week, come 6pm the chill is in the air

tthew

I’ve been wearing my long tights on the commute this last week, and I’m just going to go outside to pick the apples, so yep, I reckon that’s it. Never mind, it’s been great.

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

The topic ‘End of summer 2019?’ is closed to new replies.