Viewing 8 posts - 41 through 48 (of 48 total)
  • Emptying the'coin jar' – what's your record?
  • mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

In the last three years saved enough in coins to buy a Breitling and diamond ring from Tiffany for the missus.

I wouldn't have that if I put every single spare £ I have in a box for three years 😕

glenh
    Free Member

This thread is weird.

I thought only little kids had piggy banks?

I generally give all my small change away, cos I can't be arsed carrying it around.

alexpalacefan

Woo Hoo, I am the winner! Last time I cashed up there was £675. Bought an XJ6.

A

Teetosugars
    Free Member

I always cash it in every month.. Normally about £30 a time..

Hob-Nob
    Free Member

About 5 years ago now I counted mine up, 18 months worth. All coins went in it – its amazing after a night out when you empty your pockets and find £20 in change alone!

£1546!

My current one is meagre by comparison, I barely carry cash ever now, and my pound coins go into my squash bag to pay for the court lights. I think I have about £50 in schrapnel, but i'm too lazy to take it to the bank to change.

Squash bag probably has about £50 in it as a result too! I should buy some grips & restrings out of it really.

Pigface
    Free Member

A mate of mine had a Fosters beer can piggy bank that she had been putting coins in for a few years. Spent a dull Saturday counting out that and had close to a grand in it, had all sorts of stuff in there francs, Aussie stuff, most I have ever managed is about £20 but that is just 1p 2p and 5p.

Brother_Will
    Free Member

Hmmm well ive not emptied it in 3 years so you lot have inspired me to cash it all into the bank when im off next week.

chunkypaul
    Free Member

around £220 last time, takes a good two years to fill it though

Viewing 8 posts - 41 through 48 (of 48 total)

The topic ‘Emptying the'coin jar' – what's your record?’ is closed to new replies.