Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Employment hassle
  • Singlespeedpunk
    Free Member

Having been off ill for 3days I have come back to find that my pay has been reduced. Normally I get paid at regular rates if I am off which is not often. I was off 2days last month with a virus one of the Mechanics was spreading round…no change in pay. This week the hourly rate is the same but about 50% less hours.

Only thing that has changed since then is that my (fingers crossed) future employer has asked for a reference which the boss was not happy about. No confirmation / start date for the new job yet though and thats a different story…

So should I have it out with him and ask why he chose this time to move the goal posts? Ask for the full weeks pay?

Couple of points: I have been here over 2.5yrs and have no contract despite asking several times in wiriting. There is no union / union rep.

SSP

IHN

Eh? Surely you should get sick pay. Speak to Citizen’s Advice.

Oh, and, er, do you sell in-line cable adjusters?

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Singlespeedpunk
    Free Member

Yep, how many do you want Si? 🙂

It is “sick pay” but my normal sick pay is the same as regular pay, not a reduced rate.

Still feeling a bit off and really can’t be bothered with this s**t today…

SSP

IHN

really can’t be bothered with this s**t today

I suppose you’ve been bothered by sh1t enough this week 😉

Two please. I’ll pop in after work.

Singlespeedpunk
    Free Member

I’ll put two aside 🙂

SSP

Singlespeedpunk
    Free Member

Now resolved due to boss seeing that I was a) P!ssed off and b) ready to fight it. I did sugest that if he wants to make up rules he should have them written down in a contract / employees hand book so it does not look like he is making it up or trying to force out an employee 🙂

SSP

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Employment hassle’ is closed to new replies.