Viewing 10 posts - 161 through 170 (of 170 total)
  • Employer being an ass. Advice please.
  • tjagain

Cougar – I quite agree about family friendly polices being unfair on non parents. My point was just to illustrate that working a lot of christmas days need not be unfair. I work in a 24/7/365 job – so to get new year off I work christmas day. Half of our workforce works one, half the other

leftyboy
    Free Member

I manage several teams and there are clear policies around how many team members can be off at once. Sometimes is hard to give the bad news but it has to be done as we’re an ‘online’ company so we have to have a minimum staffing level at all times.

Another manager, at the same level as me, approved holiday for his much smaller team and they all ended being off for the same week! He then decided that it was ‘unfair’ that he can’t take every half term off because he has 2 children which apparently trumps my 1 child and a wife who is a teacher, it also trumps a third manager who is a single parent! he also thinks it’s OK to be on holiday and be on call at the same time!

Management is not always the cushy number people think it is!

tymbian
    Free Member

So glad I’m self-employed..Nothinf to add other than dont put up with it if you dont want to.

brant
    Free Member

What happened then?

oldmanmtb
    Free Member

Take a couple of days holiday – head to the IOM then get “sick” for seven days….

Drac

Take a couple of days holiday – head to the IOM then get “sick” for seven days….

Then disciplined for planned sickness as they’ve kindly warned her employer they’re going away.

5plusn8
    Free Member

I am hoping this just turns into a “my wife now has a new job” thread rather than just bashing this around. It seems that, regardless of the morals, the employer has the law on their side. They employee either leaves or puts up with it.
    Get to it OP, find her another job and put us all out of her misery.

5plusn8
    Free Member

Outcome?

Jamie
    Free Member

They all died 🙁

5plusn8
    Free Member

Stalker

Viewing 10 posts - 161 through 170 (of 170 total)

The topic ‘Employer being an ass. Advice please.’ is closed to new replies.