Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Emily Chappell. What goes around. A London cycle courier's story.
  • lotto
    Free Member

Just finished this. Good little read. Extensive blogs on her website as well which are very interesting and also worthy of a read if you like in particular lengthy adventures. Think North Coast 500,Transcontinental etc. Lots of other interesting stuff too.

jimfrandisco
    Free Member

Not read the book, but she just won strathpuffer 24 solo despite “not being a mtb’er”!
    She’s a legend and comes across as an all round good egg.

qwerty
    Free Member

Also see http://theadventuresyndicate.com for other likeminded extraordinary individuals. My local AS rider Rickie is off to recce the TDR this year & then go back and race it in ’18. Fantastic.

UrbanHiker
    Free Member

Stumbled across Emily’s words too. She’s the first cycle writer that I read and become genuinely engrossed. A very fine writer and a very fine cyclist, great combination.

celticdragon

I have the book too! She’s a great speaker if you get to listen to one of her talks, I’ve heard her lecture twice, once at Brixton cycles just after the book was launched and again at Juliana Buhring’s book launch at Rapha cafe.

She has a wealth of knowledge from touring and I’m not surprised she is turning into a very good Ultra athlete.

edenvalleyboy
    Free Member

Cheers for the info. Read some of her blog just now. Tis good.

tuskaloosa
    Free Member

for those in and around London
    London: Bike City?

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

She is wicked!She said Strathpuffer was harder than the Trans Continental! and she’s just ditched Rapha as am ambassador.

benp1

Interesting, if that London talk was on during a weekday evening I’d pop along after work

tomvanhalen
    Free Member

She also makes a mean vegan chocolate cake

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Emily Chappell. What goes around. A London cycle courier's story.’ is closed to new replies.