Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Emergency mech hanger keyring
  • onandon
    Free Member

One of these was just delivered. Really impressed with it. Nice quality, well made etc.
    I have a bunch of different road, mountain and CX bikes so I thought I’d use this as a keychain.
    I’ll always have an emergency “get me home” single speed option should the worst happen.

It’s also a spoke key, and valve core remover.

Trimix
    Free Member

I had a similar thing, but have you actually tried fitting it ?

I found the emergency one I had didn’t actually fit any of my bikes. I just bought a proper replacement for them and carry that.

onandon
    Free Member

It looks to fit 12 of my bikes so no problem.

spectraken
    Free Member

It looks like you just clamp the emergency hanger on top of the old one, instead of removing the old damaged one. I’d rather carry a proper replacement, just piece of mind that it’ll fit and be vaguely straight enough to continue riding.

ghostlymachine
    Free Member

Won’t fit through axles?
    Won’t fit bikes without at least 5mm of “extra” QR?

Won’t fit any of my bikes.
    It’ll fit when they are on the turbo though. (Really long QR on the turbo wheel)

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

I have a couple of the emergency mech hangers lying about somewhere, as said above, they were fine with QR’s, but useless with Thru axles nowadays.

First time I went to Torridon, snapped my Souls hanger going on a mess about on the friday night, used the emergency hanger on the Lollipop route next day, Only gave me about 3 or 4 usable gears, but it was fine.

slowoldman

Won’t your keys jam in the spokes?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Emergency mech hanger keyring’ is closed to new replies.