Viewing 8 posts - 41 through 48 (of 48 total)
  • Emergency details on you phone: ICE numbers.
  • edlong
    Free Member

I am on first name terms with the staff at most local hospitals and even have an allocated bed in a couple of them

You are Sir Jimmy Savile and I claim my £5….

jota180
    Free Member

Is there not duplicate issues with having an ICE contact stored in your phonebook? Surely that person already exists in the phonebook, so are we all renaming our partners ICE.

I have various people with the same number stored separately on my works phone – Samsung Android

GrahamS

I have various people with the same number stored separately on my works phone – Samsung Android

How does it know which contact name/photo to display when that number rings you?

StuMcGroo
    Free Member

faz083 – ^which can’t be used by medical personnel for legal reasons until verified…. but hey ho

Clearly you haven’t got a clue what you’re commenting on… but hey ho 😉

jota180
    Free Member

How does it know which contact name/photo to display when that number rings you?

Not sure, I don’t get called by them generally
    It’s a bunch of desks with half a dozen people on each but just one line.

I think it displays the first number that was allocated that number

GrahamS

I think it displays the first number that was allocated that number

I think that would be the “duplicate issues” that mechmonkey suggested. 🙂

Not sure, I don’t get called by them generally

So likewise when you call one of them presumably your phone displays and logs a name at random?
    (e.g. you call “Sue” but it appears and is logged as a call to “Bob” because they both have that number against their contact)

jota180
    Free Member

So likewise when you call one of them presumably your phone displays and logs a name at random?
    (e.g. you call “Sue” but it appears and is logged as a call to “Bob” because they both have that number against their contact)

It displays the number I dial, not sure what it logs as I never look at them

Re the ‘duplicate issues’ surely if you added ICE and gave it the same number as – say – HOME (which you already have) If home calls it would display HOME (if it’s like mine) as you’d be unlikely to call ICE, it wouldn’t cause an issue.

😀

GrahamS

Or just add a hash to make them different numbers, as I suggested earlier. 😀

Viewing 8 posts - 41 through 48 (of 48 total)

The topic ‘Emergency details on you phone: ICE numbers.’ is closed to new replies.