Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Embedding photos from Instagram on here? Walkthrough please
  • hebdencyclist
    Free Member

Hi, yes I have the embed code from Instagram for my image. Now how do I make the image show up in a comment on STW?

Thanks…

…and merry Christmas 🙂

wallop

I normally go into the source info and copy the .jpeg address, then paste into IMG on here as usual.

Cougar

Right-click / copy image address? (Chrome)

wallop

If you can do that, it’s a new thing…

jambalaya
    Free Member

Not possible is my understanding

jam-bo

I’ve got a JavaScript link somewhere that gives a direct
    Image link

jam-bo

javascript:window.open(“http://javascript.jeffreykishner.com/getInstagramYQL.html?url=”+location.href)

Save this as a bookmark, open the instagram page. Click the bookmark.

sirromj

In Firefox, right-click->View Page Info, then select Media tab, a list of addresses for each media item (mostly images) on the page should be showing. Usually it is the last URL in the list, but if not, just look through them all. Right click on the URL of the chosen image and select Copy. Past the URL inside the embed codes as usual.

EDIT: Bonus points for deleting everything in the URL after the question mark.

aracer
    Free Member

Upload it to imgur

jam-bo

Monday Morning Debrief 69

you can do it in a blog post. can we have it in the forum?

nedrapier

as per sirrom: In chrome (desktop/laptop) right click, “view page source” scroll to the bottom, scroll up through a load of black text, gap, then a bunch of blue hyperlinks, gap, then there’s some stuff that looks more interesting, lines all starting “meta content”, in there is your image link looking roughly like what you’d expect it to:

e.g. http://instagram.flhr2-1.fna.fbcdn.net/t51.2885-15/e35/15535249_1921774554710110_1264525817476546560_n.jpg

copy paste into another tab to check, whack in here with the … bits, and Bob’s your dad.</p data-lazy-src=

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Embedding photos from Instagram on here? Walkthrough please’ is closed to new replies.