Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • Embarrassed to mention purchases?
  • foxyrider
    Free Member

I have bought something fairly big bike wise but I don’t want to own up to mates / work colleagues etc that I have done so (not in a will waving way 🙂 ). Has/does anyone else feel reluctant to mention stuff they have bought?

edd

I bought a Christmas number one single from the mid ’90s. I will never admit to which one though!

foxyrider
    Free Member

OMG – Did you – Ha Ha Ha 😉

bazzer
    Free Member

Snowblades when drunk in a ski resort one xmas eve.

Never used them 🙂

pistonbroke
    Free Member

May be not the best thing to talk about when conducting redundancy interviews.

Kevevs
    Free Member

you’ve bought that Roubaix frameset have you? kerr-ching!

foxyrider
    Free Member

I would tell you Kevevs but I would then have to kill you ! 😉

s
    Free Member

Opps I was just about to post mine, but spotted this was posted on the bike forum…

That was close 😉

foxyrider
    Free Member

Come one then own up everybody 😉

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

I brought a pink on-one. 😳

foxyrider
    Free Member

LOL

warton
    Free Member

neilsonwheels, me too. I quite like owning up to big purchases at work, cause everyone thinks I’m insane, but then they are all fat, xbox playing, sci-fi reading, home server owning nerds, so what do I care?

foxyrider
    Free Member

Just found out my purchase is no longer 🙁 all sold out 🙁

ken_shields
    Free Member

If it’s confession time…..I once bought a proper road bike

Soz 😳

I’m quite open with people about how much bike stuff costs as it worth it for the look on peopoles faces when you say your mtb would cost £3k+ to replace

ir_bandito
    Free Member

when my (secind hand) Rohloff wheel turned up at the office, no-one could believe I’d just spent £650 on it..

takisawa2

Well they probably know by now I reckon. 🙂

GaryLake
    Free Member

By mates/colleagues, do you mean wife?

fasthaggis

Embarrassed ?
    I am on here.
    By the laws of this forum I have bought

..the wrong bike
    ..put the wrong forks on it
    ..then added the wrong brakes
    .. + one wrong seat post
    .. wrong bars ,check
    .. mud deflectors ,check

So I will never post up any photos ,but just carry on enjoying my purchase of strangeness 😀

foxyrider
    Free Member

Yey back on 🙂 Should arrive tomorrow!!!!

😳 – Gary – no my wife is the ONLY one who knows 🙂

atlaz
    Free Member

Nobody at work has any clue how much I spent on my new bike. One asked me if my bikes added together would cost 1k I said “a bit more than that” and changed the subject.

Pieface

An item that can’t be returned for hygiene reasons, was quite expensive for what you get, and wasn’t very good.

foxyrider
    Free Member

Assos shorts pieface?

Teetosugars
    Free Member

Pieface – Member
    An item that can’t be returned for hygiene reasons, was quite expensive for what you get, and wasn’t very good.

Thai Bride, Will??

🙂

FOG

It’s my wife I daren’t own up to about purchases. Her line is,’ You’ve got a bike/pair of shoes/cycling gadget/shorts etc.’ So of course I don’t tell her and get into even more aggravation when she inevitably finds out. {If she was head of MI5 and 6, there would be no problem with terrorism]. Although she denies it, basically she resents me spending my money on something she has no interest in. My latest tack is to tell her I’m buying something, tell her when I’ve bought it and then leave the bill lying about somewhere obvious. So far so good, a lot of muttering but no stand up rows.

Highland28
    Free Member

Not so much embarrassed just my flat mates wouldn’t be interested and would be shocked at how much I had spent. The fact they thought that I had spent £1300 on my in total to begin with was bad enough, trying to tell them that I have just spent £1000 on a frame would make them start asking questions 😀 but i don’t care.

foxyrider
    Free Member

Te he . Not just me then 🙂

fbk
    Free Member

What you been buying Rich? My credit card may have slipped in LeisureLakes this afternoon if it makes you feel better 😉

Oh, and my work colleagues think I’m mad doing what I do anyway, never mind spending the amount I spend doing it 🙂

the-muffin-man

I bought the Chicken Song Spitting Image single!

doubledunter
    Free Member

A pal went home drunk one night and bought a Rolf Harris didgeridoo from a shopping channel, never knew about it until it was delivered 😯 😕

foxyrider
    Free Member

LOL

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)

The topic ‘Embarrassed to mention purchases?’ is closed to new replies.