Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Embarrasing bike related company name stories??
  • scud
    Free Member

After taking my PC to PC World to get it fixed at the weekend, got a few funny looks when it sparked up and they saw four files on the desktop lablled “Sufferfest”, took some explaining that they were cycles training vids!

Also, when staying with my in-laws, my mother in law handed me a package that had been delivered for me with “Juice Lubes” in big letters over it.

No doubt there are a few Cove ones??

cheshirecat
    Free Member

Packages from Wiggle always raise a smile.

tomhoward

I’m sure alarms and sirens go off in the it dept at work when I peruse stif.com…

matt_outandabout

A less wordly mate took his wife off with him to buy a new bike.
    She was the one that had to point out to him that the double-entendre nature of the Cove bike he was wanting to purchase…

wallop

My mother in law wasn’t happy about getting me a Christmas present from Bike Tart.

northshoreniall

Had bike on rack going through cairnryan terminal. Guard came to window and said hope you don’t think I’m being improper but like your stiffee, how do you find it? Other guard looked mortified until we explained it to him 🙂

Grimy
    Free Member

Dont ever do a google search in work for this stuff! 😳

MrOvershoot

The first few delivery’s from Planet X took some explaining it was not some form of sex toys!!

I guess people turned it into Planet XXX

gavtheoldskater
    Free Member

late 80’s early 90’s when purple anodized ruled mtb a freind of mine had a mtb related product business that sold millions of goods to the masses through a major highstreet outlet. at its peak he came only one sign off away from releasing a glove called ‘the violater’.

but then nothing ever can beat the mid 80’s windsurfer from france… the goolie board.

psychobiker
    Free Member

Not bike related, but explaining to my other half before we were married what Sex Wax was, not helped by the packaging stating ‘Rub it on yer Stick’

We laugh about it now, but.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Saracen released a children’s bike once, which had, on the stock listing, the name “Girls 16″ Pink Vibe”

Hmmm.

EarlofBarnet
    Free Member

I had to explain to the postman when I had some RS Judy’s delivered back in the late 90’s. Very colourful box with “There’s a Judy in the box” in large text. They were for riding, but definitely were forks and not an inflatable friend.

tymbian
    Free Member

Not bike related but I should of checked the safe search option when searching for a ‘ black water-butt ‘ for a clients garden.

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

not exactly what you were after, but last year we stayed with Bike Verbier. Lucy mentions “Orange Steve” is also staying a couple of nights. Other half says “oh thats funny how people get named after their bikes, we’ve got a mate who’s always been known as Mr.O since he had one 20 years ago”.

Lucy smiled politely, I pointed that in fact “Orange Steve” was The Mr.O, it being Steve Wade… 😆

cheshirecat
    Free Member

The wife finds my Assos minty arse lard funny.

cheshirecat
    Free Member

69 cycles in Chester any one?

EarlofBarnet
    Free Member

When you call Stif Cycles up, what do they answer the phone with? “Hello, Stif”? Teehee.

doug_basqueMTB.com

My company is called:

And I ride a:

If you type Basque and GSpot into google we share the front page with some companies that definitely don´t do mountain bike holidays! You can see what people are searching for when your website appears in that search and it is often funny.

bwaarp
    Free Member

Went riding with a girl I was dating when I was 16, met her dad for the first time after.

He was into road bikes so had a look at it.

I was riding a Cove Stiffee.

Great.

nick1962
    Free Member

Imagine my surprise when I saw this.
    Felt embarrassed that I had missed this merger between two big bike players ,a big tool manufacturer and then them locating offshore.

http://www.rosscountyfootballclub.co.uk/media/31360/120626%20-%20rcfcsponsor.jpg

Bregante

If you type Basque and GSpot into google we share the front page with some companies that definitely don´t do mountain bike holidays!

😆

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘Embarrasing bike related company name stories??’ is closed to new replies.