• This topic has 5 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 4 years ago by IA.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • EMail Help Needed (Outlook 365 / IONOS)
  • jimster01

Good afternoon all,

I have spent the day trying to connect an IONOS email address onto Outlook 365, but to no avail. A Google search has proved inconclusive with various versions of the same theme.

Can someone give me an idiots guide on how to achieve this before I throw the new laptop across the road.

Thanks.

leffeboy

By outlook 365o you mean the version of outlook you get with office365 rather than the Online version of outlook?

If so can you not just select Advanced when you go to add an account and then use the settings here? The truck is too know that you need to pick the imap settings

https://www.ionos.com/help/email/general-topics/settings-for-your-email-programs-imap-pop3/

If that doesn’t work then which point are you getting stuck at?

jimster01

This is the version yiu get with Office 365.

I add the email address manually, press next, amend the settings as per IONOS instructions using SSL/TLS as the Encryption method, press next upteen times then get a something went wrong messafe

leffeboy

Be careful to check the port numbers when you do the SSl/TLS thing.  I seem to remember there are 2 possible numbers for one of them and maybe the Outlook default isn’t the one that is needed

leffeboy

oh, and the other thing to try is if you have switched on 2FA then sometimes you have to generate an app specific password rather than using your regular one.  At least that’s how it used to work with Gmail and Outlook

edit: can’t see anything about app specific password on IONOS

What I would do now is dowload Thunderbird and try that.  Not because I want to use Thunderbird but because that will help answer the question if the problem lies with your email account and password or with the Outlook setup.

IA

Download the support and recovery agent and have it sort out outlook for you:

Diagnostics.outlook.com

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘EMail Help Needed (Outlook 365 / IONOS)’ is closed to new replies.