Viewing 40 posts - 601 through 640 (of 1,034 total)
  • Elon Musk
  • eddiebaby
    Free Member

But how many space rockets do you own?

Less than three.

kelvin

sirromj

Anyone fancy trying neurolink then? Don’t worry the monkeys only chewed a finger* or two off in tests**.

* and some died
    **SRC the sun.

bigginge

I’m surprised the thread has missed out on Musk’s about face on his beef with apple after having a quick chat with some of the grown ups* there:

https://www.theregister.com/2022/12/01/musk_app_store_dispute_over/

Or the fact that he promised he would be sleeping in the twitter offices until he sorts the company out**:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-63897608

* By grown ups I mean people who know how to be evil and get what they want outside of the public view so that they don’t spoil their shiny reputation.

** Unless it all gets shut down because of them being investigated over building code violations for turning the offices into a pop up hotel/squat.

chakaping
    Free Member

You can log out any time you like, but you can never leave.

robola

This article is vaguely interesting https://www.wired.co.uk/article/tesla-vacancies-staff-shortage-berlin

Having a hard time recruiting due to various factors, but with all this publicity around work practices who on earth would want to work for one of his companies if they have an alternative?

pk13

The German factory would be horrible for musk to try and bully the German labour laws are very good.
    Work for a German car company or a chancer with a big mouth. Ummmmmm

cookeaa

I’m surprised the thread has missed out on…

Are we missing out? I think the world, much less this thread is just getting bored with Elon.

CountZero

Anyone fancy trying neurolink then?

Good God no! While I still have both Twitter and Fb accounts, my Twitter account is currently blocked after I said nasty things about a particularly abhorrent Republican representative, just to see how much freedom of speech I’m now allowed, under the new Reichmarshall – not a lot, it seems.

I can appeal, but I just can’t be arsed at the moment.

Oh, and I hardly ever use Fb, or any of the others, they’re there just because of a few authors and a bunch of musicians have accounts I follow.

piemonster

Before Elon Musk bought Twitter, slurs against Black Americans showed up on the social media service an average of 1,282 times a day. After the billionaire became Twitter’s owner, they jumped to 3,876 times a day.

Slurs against gay men appeared on Twitter 2,506 times a day on average before Mr. Musk took over. Afterward, their use rose to 3,964 times a day.

And antisemitic posts referring to Jews or Judaism soared more than 61 percent in the two weeks after Mr. Musk acquired the site.

Go free speech… 🤨

Link in image

benpinnick

Unless it all gets shut down because of them being investigated over building code violations for turning the offices into a pop up hotel/squat.

You’d need to close many US offices for that code violation. Happens a fair bit. I’ve slept on a US office sofa more than once. Hell I’ve slept in a bike factory more than once 😉

FuzzyWuzzy

Sleeping on a sofa vs a room being converted with a bed and wardrobes etc. is a bit different though

Edukator
    Free Member

Elton John quits Twitter for the right reasons:

https://www.theguardian.com/music/2022/dec/09/elton-john-quits-twitter-policy-change-allows-misinformation

I’m somewhat disappointed by the number of LGBT, anti-racism, woke, thinking people etc. still using the platform. 🙁

CountZero

Further to the Neurolink question, which I went off on a tangent about, for which apologies, it was late, but this article has just turned up, and it makes disturbing and distressing reading. Which probably shouldn’t be a surprise.

https://www.vox.com/future-perfect/2022/12/11/23500157/neuralink-animal-testing-elon-musk-usda-probe

bails

Totally normal.

thepodge
    Free Member

Massive dickhead reinforces he’s a massive dickhead.

grahamt1980

That animal testing bit is shocking.
    They absolutely would not have been able to do that here, and if identified people would be going to prison

somafunk

Elons a douchbag filled by libertarian 3stroke ****, at what point with his increasingly erratic tweets do all his toys get taken away?, or at the very least someone hoofs him in the balls?.

oldnpastit

I have a twitter account but perhaps it’s time to shut it down.

CountZero

I have a twitter account but perhaps it’s time to shut it down.

You could send a tweet threatening to hoof him in the balls, which could lead to them blocking your account, so you get a result both ways.

I’m tempted to just set up another account using a burner email address, just to troll Musk.

Cougar

crazy-legs

Amazing, the guy has seemingly been living on Twitter for the last few weeks and he’s already down a deep QAnon rabbit hole.

He’s now insinuating that the former head of Trust & Safety at Twitter (who has been mildly critical of Musk) is a peado – the same insult he resorted to against the cave diver guy who told him that his submarine idea was bollocks.

Basically, if you tell Musk he’s wrong, he calls you a peadophile…

jonnyboi

@Cougar I would love that video to be spot on, but seems like public figures can be forgiven for anything nowadays. SMH

somafunk

You could send a tweet threatening to hoof him in the balls, which could lead to them blocking your account, so you get a result both ways.

I left a tweet saying “I thought your pronouns are Dick/Head ?”

Sticking it to the man, one tweet at a time

leffeboy

He does seems to have gone completely wild now.  The pronouns thing is new level craziness for someone in his position if you want any chance of mainstream advertisers back

cookeaa

At this point everyone hanging on to their Twitter account just to watch Elon’s slide further into madness, or just keep up with all the other shit-posting is really just helping enable him and keep the business afloat.

While there’s still users, the company stays afloat and it needs to die now, along with people’s faith in “business big-brain” Musk.

pk13

NASA must be giddy at his brain going rouge it keeps them well in the loop.
    Space X needs to distance itself from him but I cannot see how the Pentagon must be watching it all very closely.

FuzzyWuzzy

At this point everyone hanging on to their Twitter account just to watch Elon’s slide further into madness, or just keep up with all the other shit-posting is really just helping enable him and keep the business afloat

Agree, people (that disagree with the dangerous BS he’s spouting) need to stop using it until Chief **** goes away, otherwise all he gets from it is more traffic to Twitter, hardly an incentive to stop.

cookeaa

NASA must be giddy at his brain going rouge it keeps them well in the loop.
    Space X needs to distance itself from him but I cannot see how the Pentagon must be watching it all very closely.

Meh, there are other companies putting stuff in orbit and NASA can actually do stuff for themselves. The most baffling thing is that people are still being drawn in by his whole tech-messiah workaholic act.

Businesses, like all organisations, are a cooperative effort, if a single, revered individual whose whims can’t be challenged is seen as critical to their success or failure then they’re ultimately knackered.

Space x, Tesla, Twitter should all be able to function without his Muskiness, but it still seems the world still can’t imagine the idea of him not dabbling…

scotroutes

At this point everyone hanging on to their Twitter account just to watch Elon’s slide further into madness, or just keep up with all the other shit-posting is really just helping enable him and keep the business afloat.

I’m still looking at Twitter. I’m seeing all the same stuff I always have. I’d not have seen Musk’s tweet if someone hadn’t posted it in this thread.

nickc

The most baffling thing is that people are still being drawn in by his whole tech-messiah workaholic act.

In a world where a scumbag like Nick Fuentes has over 100,000 subscribers over his various channels, I’m willing to bet there’s a sizable Venn overlap of the folks who venerate Musk as some sort of genius messiah.

dissonance

Space x, Tesla, Twitter should all be able to function without his Muskiness

I have read suggestions that his current fixation on twitter is a positive for the Spacex and tesla since he isnt interfering with them.

HoratioHufnagel
    Free Member

I’m still looking at Twitter. I’m seeing all the same stuff I always have. I’d not have seen Musk’s tweet if someone hadn’t posted it in this thread.

It’s still damaging though. Other people are now surrounded by vaccination misinformation and consipiracy theories that may have previously been hidden and the influence of those ideas will grow.

thepodge
    Free Member

There are still a lot of good things happening on twitter. Its still a positive & accurate news aggregator for many. It still functions as a market place for many small & independent business. Its still a community information board for many.

I get the guy at the top is a nob and I get that he is facilitating further nobs but there aren’t many if any suitable alternatives that people can just jump to.

monkeyboyjc

I’m still looking at Twitter. I’m seeing all the same stuff I always have.

Just because you haven’t changed your interaction on twitter doesn’t mean others won’t have. Elon is now twitter’s no1 attraction, he gained more followers since buying twitter than any other user, became the #2 most followed (he may well be #1 now) and was tweeting at a rate of once every 15min…..

Personally I’ve not used the site since about 2014, but you can’t escape what is being ‘tweeted’. It’s in the media and shared around all forms of social media.

MSP

accurate news aggregator

That was very dry delivery of a joke.

binners

Totally hatstand…

scotroutes

you can’t escape what is being ‘tweeted’. It’s in the media and shared around all forms of social media.

Like here? I guess I could avoid STW too.

bails

Does that tweet above remind anyone of zombie maggots….?

monkeyboyjc

So apparently the twitter account that tracks Elon’s private jet has been shadow banned – any know if any/all the other private jet tracking twitter accounts have been banned?

Viewing 40 posts - 601 through 640 (of 1,034 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.